Knocking sounds from rear suspension

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knocking sounds from rear suspension
2001 Peugeot 306 1800, Problem - Knocking sound from rear suspension when going over bumpy ground. Seems it is a common problem with this model. What I need is some kind of diagnostic method to nail the offending part and procedure to put it right.
Thanks given by:
rear mount bushes? does it feel floaty while turning sharp over bumpy ground?
Thanks given by:
Jack up the rear of car (suppprt on the sills) and move wheel up and down and check bushes and play in beam Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 07:31 PM)aaronshort Wrote: rear mount bushes? does it feel floaty while turning sharp over bumpy ground?
( I am "newbie" on this forum, still finding my way), Thanks for the reply, no it does not feel floaty, I looked around underneath and together with some diagrams from the internet I can see roughly how the scheme works. From what Ive gathered there are several components that can cause the knocking sound . I am going to put the rear up on axle stands and look for worn parts. Know of any diagnostic procedures ?. Franko
Thanks given by:
Drop link?

I had the same problem in the drivers side. So annoying!
Thanks given by:
(20-04-2014, 08:01 PM)beulah Wrote: Drop link?

I had the same problem in the drivers side. So annoying!

No drop links on the rear
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
By Drop links i presume you mean those struts that go from horizontal bar underneath chassis to the shocks. this is front suspension, my problem is rear suspension, anyway those were the first things I replaced.
Thanks given by:
Rear beam mounts. There's an FAQ on how to do it somewhere
Thanks given by:
mine was the spare wheel, It had got deflated and was banging round check that area first, also make sure the tyre rack is fully wound up
Thanks given by:
Also chek that the rubber on the shocks where the bolts go through arent badly perished. Had this happen before.

HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Near Side Rear Knocking (video included) Tom85 4 1,195 04-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Tom85
  Rear suspension, torsion bar to mcpherson Insanity-74 21 3,707 01-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Rear beam knocking hotrodjacko 13 3,029 27-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Matt