Interesting job

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting job
Not really sure where to.post this one up. Had to do a bugger of a job at work this week. Timing chain on the 1.3 jtd fiat engine. This one was installed in a nemo van. 13 hour book time. Took 16 with a broken stuff in turbo and sump not sealing correctly. Engine out. Gearbox off to lock the crank turbo off to lock the cam. Timing cover and a many other things. Here's a few.pics.
[attachment=15526] engine out [attachment=15527]state of.my work bay at some point [attachment=15528] engine on stand.

All of this for a £60 Timing chain kit.

Anyone else have interesting stuff in at work recently?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
What a mission!! We made 3000 hot cross buns at work today if that counts?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Interesting so it counts. I ate 2 muffins today so it's almost the same......
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Blimey, what was the service interval for doing that chain then? Curious as my Dads just bought a Doblo with that engine I think and he was chuffed it had a chain rather than a belt.

And I'm wondering what the TF was in for cos I have one of those Smile
Thanks given by:
The chain is meant to be life time but the vans are worked hard as they are parts vans. The tf was in for a head gasket that I finished off today Smile all out and running. It had gone really badly though here's a pic with the head off..
[attachment=15529]
[attachment=15530]
mm creamy. Had a busy week this week.
Thanks given by:
Lies! Lies and slander! Headgaskets dont fail on these its just a myth
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
16 hours at what, 50 quid an hour labour, plus the belt, gaskets, oil, fluids etc must come to nearly a grand!? Surely its not worth doing for the customer. Confused
Thanks given by:
We charged out 15 hours labour at 40 quid so £600 quid plus the vat. Because it was our parts guys we done it for they supplied all bits for us. Think it worked out at almost £900 so yeah not far off. But they wanted it done and main dealer was.going to ra*e them on price
Thanks given by:
Blimey, hope they don't need it done again anytime soon then lol.
Thanks given by:
Unless they are doing mega miles (quite possibly), you'd think it would be worth the gamble leaving it? I think I'd be putting my money into oil changes, assuming the chain is bathed in oil.
Thanks given by:
They do mega miles. Never stop to be honest. They get serviced on every interval recommended for severe usage. Just a crappy chain.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting new technology just made its way into infiniti toseland 6 1,819 18-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Interesting episode of traffic cops.... rtha6551 19 5,762 14-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Interesting 'How Many Left' Results... Matt-Rallye 27 5,199 20-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy