306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Interesting job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not really sure where to.post this one up. Had to do a bugger of a job at work this week. Timing chain on the 1.3 jtd fiat engine. This one was installed in a nemo van. 13 hour book time. Took 16 with a broken stuff in turbo and sump not sealing correctly. Engine out. Gearbox off to lock the crank turbo off to lock the cam. Timing cover and a many other things. Here's a few.pics.
[attachment=15526] engine out [attachment=15527]state of.my work bay at some point [attachment=15528] engine on stand.

All of this for a £60 Timing chain kit.

Anyone else have interesting stuff in at work recently?
What a mission!! We made 3000 hot cross buns at work today if that counts?
Interesting so it counts. I ate 2 muffins today so it's almost the same......
Blimey, what was the service interval for doing that chain then? Curious as my Dads just bought a Doblo with that engine I think and he was chuffed it had a chain rather than a belt.

And I'm wondering what the TF was in for cos I have one of those Smile
The chain is meant to be life time but the vans are worked hard as they are parts vans. The tf was in for a head gasket that I finished off today Smile all out and running. It had gone really badly though here's a pic with the head off..
[attachment=15529]
[attachment=15530]
mm creamy. Had a busy week this week.
Lies! Lies and slander! Headgaskets dont fail on these its just a myth
16 hours at what, 50 quid an hour labour, plus the belt, gaskets, oil, fluids etc must come to nearly a grand!? Surely its not worth doing for the customer. Confused
We charged out 15 hours labour at 40 quid so £600 quid plus the vat. Because it was our parts guys we done it for they supplied all bits for us. Think it worked out at almost £900 so yeah not far off. But they wanted it done and main dealer was.going to ra*e them on price
Blimey, hope they don't need it done again anytime soon then lol.
Unless they are doing mega miles (quite possibly), you'd think it would be worth the gamble leaving it? I think I'd be putting my money into oil changes, assuming the chain is bathed in oil.
They do mega miles. Never stop to be honest. They get serviced on every interval recommended for severe usage. Just a crappy chain.