Leaky injector(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaky injector(s)
I rarely remove my engine cover (as I bet others don't) and when I did last weekend I found a lovely little pool of diesel around injectors 3 & 4 (nearest gearbox end).

Is this something I should be very concerned about? My injectors tick like mad but performance is seemingly unaffected. Is it as simple as replacing the seals/washers? Do I:

Buy some low mileage 076 injectors from eBay and fit them with new seals -£80-90?
Keep current injectors and replace the seals -£??
Get some injectors refurbished -again £??

What do we think?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Find out where exactly its leaking from first. Clean up with brake cleaner and check back again
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
buy peugeot washers not online ones or ones with refurb injectors, you only end up changing them twice.

i havent seen many hdi's without leaking injectors mate, got my first one last night for £250 Smile

like connor said, cleanup first to maker sure you know where the leak is from
Thanks given by:
Yea OK. Just soak it up with kitchen towel/tissue? Would it help to spray some GUNK cleaner on there or should I not do that?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Tbh just spray it with a can of brake cleaner, itll blast it all out Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it's just diesel it's more likely come from leak off pipes or a union, if it was the washers you'd have combustion crap all round them. When was the last time you had the cover off? Could have been there since the fuel filter was changed.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I had a 307 other day that was leaking and it was the unions on the high pressure pipes tightened up a bit all fine but best to clean up first as every one has said
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Will clean up today and keep everyone posted. And take pictures, every thread is better with pictures...
Thanks given by:
Give it a good spray out. They are all the same
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaky injectors andywhy 22 6,497 24-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Poodle