Gearbox trouble

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gearbox trouble
Over three months after i had a disagreement with an icy road and a tree, I had a day off to do something with the car. Replaced the following:
Bent track rod & end
Broken droplink
Toothless CV joint and driveshaft
(all passenger side)
The wishbone seems to be rubbing off the drive so that's next on the list.

In the meantime a strange occurrence with the gearbox; it has 2nd, 4th and reverse but no 1st, 3rd or 5th! Gearstick goes 'into gear' but let the clutch up and nothing happens! Whereas the other gears will drive normally.. Its a 2.0 HDi 01 reg..

Any suggestions greatly received!
Thanks given by:
When you say it goes into gear, do you get a positive click as if its gone into gear or does the stick just move in that direction?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
It slots into position and stays there, no grinding or anything. Let up the clutch and its like its in neutral.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like it's going in according to linkage but not going enough ?
Thanks given by:
Linkage problem or needs a justing.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the responses guys, next chance i get ill get under it and have a look! What exactly should i be looking for?
Thanks given by:
The gear linkages are down the back of the gearbox connected to the gearstick.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Found the linkages, where they connect to the selector bar coming from the gearstick, but can't see how the ball coming from the gearbox can stay in the bar? It won't move inside the bar anymore and still no first gear as it keeps hopping out?
Thanks given by:
Buy a new linkage. Only a few quid. Or there is a group buy on here atm for adjustable iirc
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Baker group buy seems to be closed, just waiting to hear back if Miles has any sets left! fingers crossed this sorts it!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm having trouble pulling off. steve1001 13 4,160 29-01-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Trouble changing Auxillary belt - automatic tensioner CaptainHair 10 2,523 12-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Last Post: pug306driver