gti6 exhaust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gti6 exhaust
just wondering, Is the gti6 a fairly loud car as it is standard. ive got a blowing exhaust which is making it quite loud and rasppy and would have to get a new one. but even with a standard exhaust will the car still have a loud'ish rumble?
Thanks given by:
No. If you have a good genuine exhaust, they are very refined and actually sound lovely standard. Wish i had never of sold my standard exhaust now!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
aright. its just mines had a new middle section (a bosal one) and has had the fittings welded on really badly, same with the cat, so the whole exhaust doesnt line up right, leaving a little gap on the clamps, didnt really wanna fork out for a new system if it was just going to be the same wthout the rasspiness. i quite like the way it sounds, just mother and father arent overly keen on how loud it is :/
Thanks given by:
As said, if it is even a little bit loud there's a hole somewhere.
On the motorway at low throttle at 70 you can barely hear it above a bit of induction from in front and road noise.

People do occasionally have good 2nd hand ones for sale but they are fairly rare in good condition...especially the centre sections it seems.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 0 915 02-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Last Post: connorp
  gti6 exhaust xudlingo 10 1,637 10-05-2015, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Pebbles167
  Gti6 exhaust manifold connorp 1 1,311 01-05-2015, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Niall