Phase 1 Black 306 DTurbo - Road Test! (GT2052S, 11mm, FMIC)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 1 Black 306 DTurbo - Road Test! (GT2052S, 11mm, FMIC)
Purring like a treat!

sort the exhaust and drash on
Thanks given by:
i see what you mean with the v band sitting to far out
can you not just weld the v band directly to the turbo (thats how mines done) then you should have enough to get the down pipe to fit ?
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2014, 12:24 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Purring like a treat!

sort the exhaust and drash on

Whistles so loud, you go deaf in that shed within 2 minutes!

(22-10-2014, 12:41 PM)ash23 Wrote: i see what you mean with the v band sitting to far out
can you not just weld the v band directly to the turbo (thats how mines done) then you should have enough to get the down pipe to fit ?

The outlet on the turbo isn't round so a plate must be used to join the turbo to the downpipe. Even if you put the V band welded directly to the plate it would still be too far out. I've got a solution it's just waiting for my mate to give me a hand with the welding as I have no welder (or access to one).
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Get it running on the road. Want to see how this goes. Sounds awesome.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2014, 01:41 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Get it running on the road. Want to see how this goes. Sounds awesome.

She gonna flyyyyyyyy!

Especially with my bonnet exit exhaust. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Good work fellaThumbsUp

Almost there!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You got arp head studs in this?

Good work be nice to see what it goes like Wink hope u got a decent clutch in there Tongue

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2014, 02:58 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: You got arp head studs in this?

Good work be nice to see what it goes like Wink hope u got a decent clutch in there Tongue

Yup, got ARP's in her.

Brand new valeo clutch.

Just ordered hand brake cables for £18.

Can't see it needing a lot else for MOT.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Thinking of solutions to fix the downpipe issue...

This is currently an option to get it from turbo to tunnel:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do...tAodZlIAjQ

[Image: exha.png]

Anyone want to have a go at slagging it off and telling me why not to do it? Big Grin

DW Thread on the matter I found: http://www.driftworks.com/forum/technica...bends.html

This is the one I'd buy: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121118929994
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I used that stuff on a whole system once to get me buy. Jayar do the same stuff cheap. Personally wouldnt recommend it myself but for a quick fix.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2014, 10:37 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: I used that stuff on a whole system once to get me buy. Jayar do the same stuff cheap. Personally wouldnt recommend it myself but for a quick fix.

This car isn't exactly a show queen!

As Fish was saying, would be good to use as a mock for welding a hard pipe up.

Would also tie me over at least..

Just a thought.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Are you planning on putting that straight on the turbo? if so it wont do a tight 90 degree bend. but if your welding that to a solid tight radius bend that would be fine to use to get a idea of the hard pipes to buy.

used to use tonnes of this at work / for bodging straight through zorsts up not ideal as it moves
Thanks given by:
So sacked off the V-band as it was never going to fit with what I had.

I have a new downpipe tacked up, hopefully it'll fit first time, if not then retack, repeat. Knocked up a new plate for this so have two plates for the GT2052S now.

[Image: 2e91f835a12bddee417ff9c6ce6dc316.jpg]

Also had some fun making plates up for the GT2256V and the TD05 for the compound turbo setup.

Will have a pop at getting the downpipe on tonight and putting some more of the friend end together / general tidying up.

[Image: 6a8422a2233073c7a22418787b77ce6d.jpg]

[Image: 4c2fd041ac28ed58ce8e3c3bb72d45be.jpg]

Also have some new hand brake cables to fit.

[Image: a3237bc60fa3bba885d80a97c8504bee.jpg]

Also need to find a V band or something to join to the outlet of the GT2256V as I can't exactly weld a plate up for it! (Tom I remember you dealing with this before).

[Image: 5b92d0fb1c9bff9990511552cd43f73d.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Unsurprising the downpipe didn't fit first time so will need retacking and retrying. It's sitting much better in the tunnel which is good so means after some fiddling it should fit nicely. It looks like it might be fouling the gear linkage bracket so that might require bending.

In other news the car is all back together. I'm going to have to unbolt the front end again to fit fans and some other shiz but fundamentally its all up together minus an exhaust.

Checked all lights, horn, brakes etc, seems to be good except for the handbrake which I couldn't figure out how to adjust so left for the minute.

Anyway, it needs a very good clean, the exhaust finishing, an air filter fitting and a boost controller then it's pretty much there for MOT.

Desirables include fitting strut brace, GTI6 brakes, boost, water temp, oil temp, EGT gauges and new hand brake cables I have all of which lying around.

A couple of photos:

[Image: 25a2db80ec69d4d5f382f155cf560760.jpg]

[Image: aa8f21f2bd5eb3a4bab127e298993b3d.jpg]

[Image: 235bb82dbe7076c3b2380c690b832323.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Good lad! Over the worst I'm sure! Is it drums on the back or discs buddy?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 07:20 AM)Piggy Wrote: Good lad! Over the worst I'm sure! Is it drums on the back or discs buddy?

Drums on the rear, if you remove the wheel, then hub nut, should it just pry off giving access to the mechanism?

The handbrake doesn't have the little adjuster nut under the rear fag tray like others I've seen.

These are the only in car adjustments available:

[Image: IMG_2088.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
impressed, that thing hasn't looks like a 306 for a while.

1st of the month is approaching Angel
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 09:56 AM)mr_fish Wrote: impressed, that thing hasn't looks like a 306 for a while.

1st of the month is approaching Angel

Yarp! I had f-all signal so was struggling to message you! Sad

Won't be the 1st of any month this year, legally.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 08:54 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(29-10-2014, 07:20 AM)Piggy Wrote: Good lad! Over the worst I'm sure! Is it drums on the back or discs buddy?

Drums on the rear, if you remove the wheel, then hub nut, should it just pry off giving access to the mechanism?

The handbrake doesn't have the little adjuster nut under the rear fag tray like others I've seen.

These are the only in car adjustments available:

[Image: IMG_2088.jpg]

ermm, I assumed you've lifted that bit of carpet up yeah? Have you fitted the new cables?

but yes, you want to adjust the drums up first, then the cable at the handbrake end if needed
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 10:19 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: ermm, I assumed you've lifted that bit of carpet up yeah? Have you fitted the new cables?

but yes, you want to adjust the drums up first, then the cable at the handbrake end if needed

Lift carpet? Are you sh1tting me?

No, I'm gonna just radge it through MOT then do the cables at a friends who has a ramp (along with some nice FMIC brackets etc). Just want it good enough to scrape through MOT then will fit new ones.

So what's the crack, I need to remove 1 wheel bolt, rotate wheel until I see a little screw/adjustment thing? Turn it a few times? Then repeat other side? Then I need to lift some carpet?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
when is your birthday mate, i see a haynes manual on the present list ...
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2014, 10:28 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: when is your birthday mate, i see a haynes manual on the present list ...

Who needs Haynes when we have a helpful community..

Now tell me what I need to know. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I thought I had done a guide but cant find it.

Puggys sort of guide covers it and I put long post in it for adjustments...hang on...

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-16333.html
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The 75mm2 cable turned up.

It doesn't dissapoint.

A tunnel is being drilled for it to pass through into the cabin!

[Image: Gotthard-Base-Tunnel-Drill-600x400.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2105.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2106.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2107.jpg]

(75mm2 500A compared against 25mm2 170A)
[Image: IMG_2108.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
That's some decent size cable! If you decide it's no good I know a man with a decent welder that can make good use of it lol :-)
Thanks given by:
Drilled a hole in the bulk head for boost / battery / etc cables.

Routed the meaty cable to the boot, she's gonna work a treat.

Just need to figure out how I'm going to join the old battery connectors to the new bit of wire, I could chop and join but thinking a BIG chunky 20mm bolt or something will allow me to keep the old terminal connectors and just wrap them in a shit load of tape and stick an old yoghurt pot or something over them.

[Image: IMG_2177.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2179.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2181.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2182.jpg]

Here's an old junction box I found kicking around that could be useful for gauges or something..

[Image: IMG_2185.jpg]

And a couple of my more favoured "made in USA" gauges.

[Image: IMG_2186.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2187.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Don't be a pikey arse, get a terminal connector thingymabob (don't know the real term). Frosty and Piggy are using them.
Thanks given by:
You can get vice dies for large cabling for £15-£18 off your fravorite auction site
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2014, 03:22 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Don't be a pikey arse, get a terminal connector thingymabob (don't know the real term). Frosty and Piggy are using them.

How is it pikey? Blush Low cost (free) engineering ideas!

(06-11-2014, 03:40 PM)306Dan Wrote: You can get vice dies for large cabling for £15-£18 off your fravorite auction site

£15!?!??

£15 QUIDDDDDDDD!?

FVCK THAT!

Edit:

[Image: so-much-wtf.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Arnt you gonna lose all your voltage in the cable? Like by time it reaches the engine bay there won't be much power there? Not that I'm an expert and normally bigger is always better Wink Wink

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,704 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Bianca phase 1 Dturbo Curt 76 24,065 15-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: partybish
  DTurbo Phase "X" Brookei 111 36,723 23-02-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Brookei