Locking wheel nut key.....f@c# you, you bar steward.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locking wheel nut key.....f@c# you, you bar steward.
So I walk up to my car this morning after spending hours Polishing and waxing it yesterday and low and behold....
[Image: eqyguveb.jpg]

Only had the car three weeks and the wheel bolts were top of any list to look at.

Anyway I stand there for about 5 mins in the vain hope it will re-inflate and it's only a joke. No joy.

I set about looking for the jack and tools to get the wheel off. Guess what, yep. Nothing.

No way of getting the wheel off by house so it's a call to breakdown cover for a lift to the garage to get it off.

I'm still waiting, 4 hours later.

Who keeps the wheel bolt key? If you've ever done it I cast upon you a plague of locusts.

Rant over

Oh I missed the wheels on purpose when cleaning the car because they are so bad they aren't worthy of my auto glym
Thanks given by:
Oven cleaner for wheels mate, just cheap stuff, like a quid a bottle for cleaning heavily soiled wheels.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
had this when i bought my car, the guy had stashed it inside the car without telling me, then i mashed one trying to get the wheel off, only to find the key afterwards and curse, i have one old one left and 3 new ones (bolts) gonna be hell now though as i'm pretty sure i managed to throw away the old key with the other 3 bolts :/
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Whilst you're waiting, order a Gator Grip.
It might turn up before the tow? Smile
Thanks given by:
Cars in a local garage getting the wheel off. Jimbo or mikeyb on here will be on the case of getting the rest of them off!

I rang previous owner and in the year he had it he never took the wheels off. Better have a closer look at the brakes ASAP Wink
Thanks given by:
I have had a locking tool fail on me, I had to get the garage to get the locks off, the madding thing with me is, when people put wheels on full blown tight! my dad had to use his full weight to get the wheel bolts to budge! we ended up bending the wheel brace!
my rover was that tight, that I moved the car with the hand brake on! full blown 850kg! my back was hurting for nearly a week! I used a bracker bar at the time,
Thanks given by:
Yea it seems you give some morons air tools and they think it's a f*cking F1 pit stop.

The yee haa the bolts on so damn tight it's a right mission to undo them.
Thanks given by:
So it seems the garage put on a new tyre and stung me for £57 quid!!! Sad
Thanks given by:
To be honest that doesn't sound that unreasonable for supplying a replacement tire, fitting/balancing etc and the labour in removing the old wheel bolt
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Ain't bad considering I asked for spare to be put on Sad
Thanks given by:
I have a few of these keys lying around... first thing I do is remove the lockers, theyre shit!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If they have done something without asking, then dont pay for it
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above, they can't do that.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
They wanted me to wait all day to get it off so I just paid and left. Too angry I protet
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 06:00 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I have a few of these keys lying around... first thing I do is remove the lockers, theyre shit!

This ^^^^ i always remove all the lockers they are jusy a PITA . besides who wants to dteal old peugeot wheels these days.

Also its prob not that a previous owner has kept the keys its more likely they have beem broke / lost

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(28-03-2014, 07:00 AM)puglove Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 06:00 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I have a few of these keys lying around... first thing I do is remove the lockers, theyre shit!

This ^^^^ i always remove all the lockers they are jusy a PITA . besides who wants to dteal old peugeot wheels these days.

Also its prob not that a previous owner has kept the keys its more likely they have beem broke / lost

I've lived where I have for 20 years, I've never once at a car on bricks cos someone nicked the wheels.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I've never seen it happen anywhere, wasn't it just a 90's thing??
Thanks given by:
Haha my old colt is sat outside my house, on bricks.

Sold the wheels though lol.

I'll post a pic of the lockers and see if anyone has a key i can use?
Thanks given by:
they are all differrnt . you need to find the code for it if you have any chance of finding another that might fit. but i suspect its unlikly you will find one

Thanks given by:
Fair enough. Jimbo said he's going to get the wheels off when my clones are ready Big Grin
Thanks given by:
just smash an old socket over em and be done with it lol

Thanks given by:
We will have to get them off when we lower your axle tony
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 12:44 PM)Frosty Wrote: We will have to get them off when we lower your axle tony

bledy 'ell, another hurdle.
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2014, 12:16 PM)Tom Wrote: Oven cleaner for wheels mate, just cheap stuff, like a quid a bottle for cleaning heavily soiled wheels.

So long as you don't mind it thinning the lacquer and eating into the alloy where there's any stone chips, yeah.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 01:48 PM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(27-03-2014, 12:16 PM)Tom Wrote: Oven cleaner for wheels mate, just cheap stuff, like a quid a bottle for cleaning heavily soiled wheels.

So long as you don't mind it thinning the lacquer and eating into the alloy where there's any stone chips, yeah.

Woudlnt reccomend it if you have a decent paint job on your wheels or at all value them...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 01:01 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(31-03-2014, 12:44 PM)Frosty Wrote: We will have to get them off when we lower your axle tony

bledy 'ell, another hurdle.

They won't be to bad to get off I reckon
Thanks given by:
No should be fairly easy Wink
Ive got some spare bolts we can wack in too
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure what type of security bolt it is, hammering a socket over the 206 style bolt didn't work for me as the head of them is designed to snap off. That's the type with 4 dimples around the edge?
But my 306 came with a grooved type.
Thanks given by:
(31-03-2014, 05:23 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: I'm not sure what type of security bolt it is, hammering a socket over the 206 style bolt didn't work for me as the head of them is designed to snap off. That's the type with 4 dimples around the edge?
But my 306 came with a grooved type.

When I get of the sofa, ill get a picture of the 2 keys I have, but theyre the same I think.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Put a nut over it and weld down the middle.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F**King locking Wheel nuts :@ Chris_90 18 4,890 28-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  help with choosing locking wheel nuts kingy 20 3,707 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii
  locking wheel nuts gazdtub 11 2,836 19-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Connor