306 dturbo with 2.0 hdi conrods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 dturbo with 2.0 hdi conrods
(08-04-2014, 09:44 AM)nominous Wrote: Exhaust charge piping = scrapheap challenge ftw !!

Paddy could be eligible for some sort of eco-challenge/green energy prize by the looks of the recycling that's gone into this but something tells me the clouds of black soot he'll be seeing out the back of this thing won't go in his favour lol Smile
I bet his wallets a fair bit healthier than it would have been otherwise tho! Good progress mate Big Grin
Thanks given by:
heres a video of her first run today sounds cool I think ;.) any ways I will let use deside . seams fast bt cant get out of 2nd so its hard to tell till its on the road lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGw2G0aaN0
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 08:15 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: heres a video of her first run today sounds cool I think ;.) any ways I will let use deside . seams fast bt cant get out of 2nd so its hard to tell till its on the road lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGw2G0aaN0

Nice one! Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Paddy do you want me to still stick the video up that I took a while back??
Thanks given by:
Paddy do you want me to still stick the video up that I took a while back??

Lol ur a laf did u check out a few other peoples threads lol ye put it up if want lol :-)
Thanks given by:
Hands down best intercooler piping I've seen for a long while.

Great work throwing all this together so quickly and on a shoestring.
Thanks given by:
(08-04-2014, 11:08 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Hands down best intercooler piping I've seen for a long while.

Great work throwing all this together so quickly and on a shoestring.

:-) thanks good to hear that just have to put the (new) radiator in to it nw and put to 6"inc fans on the intercooler lol then build the front up and try her on the road :-)
Thanks given by:
You want fans on the rad mate, not on the inter-cooler. Wink Good move putting a new rad on. Pugs do not like being cooked!
Thanks given by:
Just a video of this engine again just after the turbo was fitted and just before the fmic was fitted http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD7HQeXbAs&list=WL
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 01:38 PM)Sean12303 Wrote: Just a video of this engine again just after the turbo was fitted and just before the fmic was fitted http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD7HQeXbAs&list=WL

Video is private..?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2014, 06:37 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 01:38 PM)Sean12303 Wrote: Just a video of this engine again just after the turbo was fitted and just before the fmic was fitted http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD7HQeXbAs&list=WL

Video is private..?

Sorry I sorted it out the now go ahead and try again http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKD7HQeXbAs&list=WL
Thanks given by:
Yup that doesnt work either Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Works for me Smile
Thanks given by:
[attachment=15299][attachment=15298]battery in boot check just wires to tidey up nw [attachment=15297][attachment=15296][attachment=15295]fans on check
Thanks given by:
Love the no fucks given, just get on with it approach. And how fast you done it damn! Top job :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Love the no fucks given, just get on with it approach. And how fast you done it damn! Top job :p

Lol thats wat its all about man :-) . hws ur car running
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9s0bJ_5YgI

my intercooler fans switched on for testing lol
Thanks given by:
I know its been mentioned before...duno if you missed it...
But all those fans are guna do is restrict air flow if anything.
You need fans on your coolant rad though, asap!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I know its been mentioned before...duno if you missed it...
But all those fans are guna do is restrict air flow if anything.
You need fans on your coolant rad though, asap!

Lol i no bt i will try it for a bit and see hw it gose :-) way u do urs lol
Thanks given by:
Its just, it wont help fmic temps and wont help rad temps!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It'll help fmic temps just fine if they're running and the car is stationary...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(14-04-2014, 05:43 AM)Poodle Wrote: It'll help fmic temps just fine if they're running and the car is stationary...

well yeah...but Im assuming he wants to drive the thing!

Lash on though, I do love this project Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
See piggy gets me lol its for if i am in the town and i want to beat a nother car from a set of lights lol i will have a swith inside if i want to switch them off like :-) good to hear use enjoy this project :-)

well yeah...but Im assuming he wants to drive the thing!

Lash on though, I do love this project Smile
Thanks given by:
Fans will take a looooooong time to cool a hot fmic to do anything...so as long as the other guy is willing to wait 10minutes then yeah it may work...

Better off having a couple washer jets and a second bottle n pump connected to that switch...intercooler spray be much more effective.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
OR get one like zx_volcanes. The VNT turbo obviously helps with temps but we checked the inlet just after a few spirited pulls the other day and it's actually cold to the touch, definitely cooler than ambient!
Honestly Paddy, those fans will just restrict the flow of air thru your inter-cooler AND to your radiator. I can see your reasoning behind what you've done but they just aren't needed. Wink
Thanks given by:
OR get one like zx_volcanes. The VNT turbo obviously helps with temps but we checked the inlet just after a few spirited pulls the other day and it's actually cold to the touch, definitely cooler than ambient!
Honestly Paddy, those fans will just restrict the flow of air thru your inter-cooler AND to your radiator. I can see your reasoning behind what you've done but they just aren't needed. Wink

Ye maybe use are right because im nt running any fans for my radiator any more so the more air the better :-) lol thanks for the info dow hope to finish her this week :-) sum time
Thanks given by:
You WILL need fans on your rad.

You DONT need fans on your intercooler Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You WILL need fans on your rad.

You DONT need fans on your intercooler

Understud lol hws that bus of urs running do u think all the work i have done to my car will pass m.o.t :-) any more plans for ur car :-)
Thanks given by:
If that battery in the boot is secure, it's not too loud and doesn't smoke too much (certainly shouldn't with a standard pump!) then the MOT should be a doddle if the rest of the car's up to it.
Like I said make sure this doesn't get cooked, get a decent rad fan sorted and make sure it kicks in when the car needs it, make sure it's bled properly and that your low level water light works. That turbo and the inevitable ragging this things going to get is going to put extra stress on the cooling system so you want to make sure it's tip top.
Thanks given by:
[attachment=15445][attachment=15446][attachment=15447][attachment=15448][attachment=15449][attachment=15450][attachment=15451][attachment=15452]

just sum pics because it was a nice day lol all most finished

[attachment=15453][attachment=15454][attachment=15455]

intercooler mounted that's that done lol
Thanks given by: