Tom's China HDi DTurbo 2014

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom's China HDi DTurbo 2014
Looking really good there.

I would give that HP pump a go that you have for sale on it to see if that improves things.
Thanks given by:
Don't really want to put any more time/effort into it if I'm honest, especially messing with the cambelt again, when I may have done something wrong with that in the first place lol. Very tempted to just use the moonstone instead. Will give it another week though, as the moonstone will need tax and I'm not losing 3 weeks lol, then probably SORN this (so the tax wont cost me much for the moonstone) and stick it up for sale.
Thanks given by:
Has to be something obvious tbh, had plenty of pull when I sold it. I used to overtake with ease everyday, that was the point of remapping it. Either something is out of kilter or the fpr is clogged or something silly.

I did say not to worry too much about minting it and just drive it. Sad
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2014, 09:58 PM)C2K Wrote: Has to be something obvious tbh, had plenty of pull when I sold it. I used to overtake with ease everyday, that was the point of remapping it. Either something is out of kilter or the fpr is clogged or something silly.

I did say not to worry too much about minting it and just drive it. Sad

Tbh, I'm wondering if the turbo's dying. Can actually feel the boost kick in with the moonstone, even though its standard, whereas I can't in this - that said the engine itself has less than half the milage lol.

Fuelling 'seems' ok from the diags vid above (or possibly previous page) but pretty annoyed that the new injectors made no difference except less ticking.

Should also add the flatulant noise is now almost constant, though it'd been masked a lot by the undertray/engine cover, I'm now running with both removed to rule those out as noise causes, but its got much louder haha! Its actually more of a metallic rattly/tinging noise now its in the open and echo'ing off walls etc. Sounds like an old petrol pinking under heavy load so wondering if I did get the timing out slightly and its knocking more than normal, I don't see how though, it was locked off right, checked by hand and tensioned as close to the old belt as possible.

As for just driving it, I did think I would....but as I don't do much milage, and spend a lot of time idling in traffic (getting vibrated around the seat lol ) or on a rough B road that sets off all the rattles and squeaks it just does my head in tbh. Cant even turn the radio up as the parcel shelf is usually out for carrying loads and the drivers speaker is intermittent so that only leaves the passenger one lol. Think I'm just too much of a perfectionist to be owning 15 year old cars tbh. Even if I go with the moonstone for a month or two, I cant see it lasting much longer with me. My 'life' plans have failed/changed as well now, which has made some of the car decisions futile, but shit happens lol.
Thanks given by:
Sounded like MYA, less derv knock and more pinking - have you advanced/retarded the pump? Have you tried pulling away in the car, does the engine die under load?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Hmm, the pump isn't timed on the HDi's it only provides pressure, electrickery does the rest, the only thing you can change with the belt is the valve timing.

I've driven it hundreds of miles like this lol, so pulled away many times! lol Make a lot of noise under load, but doesn't die.
Thanks given by:
Hdi's are a completely different beast then to the XUD.

I may be joining the hdi crew, viewing one tomorrow
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Yeah HDis are completely different....I wouldn't know where to start with a mechanical pump lol!
Thanks given by:
If anyone would be interested in buying this next month, please drop me a PM. Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tom's China 1.8 Meridian 2014 - Project Deja Vu Toms306 33 8,594 23-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Toms306