Gov mod/LDA grind on standard turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gov mod/LDA grind on standard turbo
Thumbs Up 
Hello all, just wondering if it is worth doing the LDA grind and Gov mod with a tuned T2 blower?
I ask because i am currently running an ever so slightly tuned lucas woth an untouched t2 and have been thinking wether to upgrade to bosch or not, if i were to do this would it be worth doing the gov and lda mod without upgrading to the likes of a TD04 and a FMIC as dont want to spend too much money.

Cheers!

Phil
Thanks given by:
Definitely worth it.

FMIC, T2, 9mm Bosch, free flowing exhaust & filter can easily see 140-150bhp on a decent tune.

Feel nippy as there won't be much lag either.

I ran that setup for a good year before the "bigger turbo scene arrived".
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Even without the fmic, simple exhaust box swap and 130bhp is a done deal...see mattcheese!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2014, 06:14 PM)Piggy Wrote: Even without the fmic, simple exhaust box swap and 130bhp is a done deal...see mattcheese!

little bit more than just exhaust swap, not much though, i have free flowing backbox, front de-cat, ground LDA, and a fair tune up . . . .no Gov mod though, or extra advance for the below figures . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Looks like i'll be buying a bosch pump very soon then! Wink
just ordered a decat pipe, got a stainless centre section in the garage and a stainless powerflow on the way which is this weeks job, so the bosch will be next on the list along with some nimrods in a couple of weeks or so! Smile
Thanks given by:
Definitely get a bosch on your shopping list, gov mod it before it goes on the car. I had both mine resealed before I fitted them....but its down to £££, personal preference and whether you know the history of the pump (come off working/etc)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is LDA pin grind worth it with K03? johnny625 7 1,936 20-01-2021, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Martin306
  Bang and grind noise karl1989 7 1,521 08-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Last Post: karl1989
  Induction kit for a non standard turbo 306Puggy 14 3,017 26-10-2013, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Ricky