HDI FPR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI FPR
So that's cutting out on the second and third runs of five..?

Ok quite a low mileage engine then. I'd say its looking most like injectors at the moment, we'll do a leak-off test on Sunday if you like.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeh that would be good thanks, it cut out on the third run I'm 2nd gear, and the second run in 3rd gear
Thanks given by:
Right, so it's not down to the fuel heating up then, in which case we can probably rule out lp pump for now...

I really must get PP2000 working lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Who's map is it on?
If it's only cutting out occasionally the pump is most likely on it's way out, I can stop that if you don't want to fit a new one.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Mr Whippy did me the map in January
Thanks given by:
Ok, you can either clean regulator/fit a new fuel pump (possibly injectors), or get dave to raise the limits at which the ECU shuts the engine off.
The first is the best solution but on some of the earlier ECUs (162, 163 1976) they tend to always have problems with cutting out unless these values are tweaked due the the way the ECU is set up from the factory.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Ah right, my car is 2000 v reg, would it be in one of those ecu groups?
Thanks given by:
No you probably have a 362 Ecu, the cutting out business was a ridiculous feature added, all the later cars now go to limp mode instead of cutting out as its so dangerous
Thanks given by:
I always thought that, imagine pulling out infront of somebody only to find peugeot programmed it to cut out, not a good plan at all!
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Yeah, first discovered that in the outside lane on a busy motorway, not cool.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
All sorted now, ive cleaned the fpr and ive driven about 300 miles now and it hasn't cut out on WOT Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad to hear it mate, always worth checking the little things. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: