HDI FPR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI FPR
How is the best way to remove the fpr and also the best way to clean it, can it be taken be taken apart to be cleaned? or is it best to just replace it, btw when i put stage 2 map on it cuts out at 2500rpm, can be restarted in 5 sec of stopping, so im currently still running on stage 1.
Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
I would remove the fuel filter housing for more access. There are two types of FPR, one with a gauze and one without. If it has a gauze, blast with clutch/brake cleaner then soak in a suitable de-shitifier for as long as poss.
No gauze = just soak in de-shitifier.
Then thoroughly flush with diesel and refit, using a dab of copper grease on x2 torx bolts.
Thanks given by:
Remove the o-rings before deshitifying, the solvents won't do them much good.

If you're getting cutting out problems only once stage 2'd it's almost certainly not the fpr at fault, it'll be an issue with maintaining fuel flow and pressure - probably the low or high pressure pump.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm wondering if it's the injectors, I've since renewed them, I'll have to try it again
Thanks given by:
ok heres a update......ive put the stage 2 map on and it run fine for a good couple of hours driving fine, then it cut out after all that time, im guessing im gonna replace the fpr unless anyone else has got any better ideas?
Thanks given by:
How much fuel have you got in the tank, and did you carve any roundabouts or other long right-handers shortly before cutting out?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I had about 1/4 tank, yeh thinking about it, but they were gentle bends
Thanks given by:
Yeah they don't have to be much - i've managed it on the motorway before with a quarter of a tank before lol! Was cruising at eighty around a merger junction and the bugger cut out two minutes down the road, yet i never have a problem otherwise. Maybe worth running it for a while with a bit more in the tank to see how it gets on, could save yourself spending a few hundred on unnecessary replacement parts, speaking from experience... Rolleyes lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh rite ok then, certainly try more fuel then have another go lol
Thanks given by:
Mine use to cut out all the time got worse eventually. Got a FPR fitted on the pump been perfect ever since
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Ah rite ok, I'll try running more fuel in the tank, also I'll try cleaning the fpr, else I'll replace it!
Thanks given by:
Fuel pressure sensor too
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Ah rite I never thought of that tbh
Thanks given by:
I've yet to see a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor on one of these, I wouldn't bother unless you're getting weird readings off it. Have you got access to peugeot planet or anything?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No I haven't got access to that, I mush get me a copy
Thanks given by:
I'll see if I can get mine working before the weekend, no promises though lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ha ok mate thanks
Thanks given by:
I think your first move should be to see are all injector unions dry, then a leak off test on the injectors and then a new HP pump after that, a dirty fpr would cause more issues than cutting out giving it the beans Confused you are losing serious rail pressure somewhere and there is no point clutching straws
Thanks given by:
It's annoying! Because it doesn't always do it, since I've been running more fuel in the tank it's been fine! I did nearly 100 miles last night and it's fine, I'm confused lol
Thanks given by:
What happens is the less fuel in the tank the hotter the fuel gets, hotter fuel is more difficult to pressurise so you will find it happens more on warm days or after a long drive. Be honest with yourself and plant it in 3rd then through 4th and into 5th a few times, if it consistently cuts out then your pump is probably past it or you have some seriously leaky injectors. I think alot of people dont go full throttle or kind of baby it a bit convincing themselves it only happens occasionally.
Thanks given by:
What about if it's ok when I floor it in 3 4 and 5? But sometimes it's does it?
Thanks given by:
I would go out and do some testing, get the car hot the find a nice long uphill stretch and floor it in 3rd 4th and 5th, and keep it floored and see how many pulls up the hill you can do without it cutting out. On the stage 2 map obviously. you pump could be just on the limit of requested vs actual pressure
Thanks given by:
Ok I'll try tonight when I get bk from work. That's for your help
Thanks given by:
No problem, just be honest and mat it and keep it lit! it should consistently cut out if there is a pump issue. Some decent live diagnostics would also help
Thanks given by:
Right , I've been testing! I did 5 runs in each gear up a good long hill, it cut out once in 2nd and once in 3rd all the other times were ok, no loss of power etc. Not sure where to go now!
Thanks given by:
I think you need some live data now to see exactly whats happening
Thanks given by:
Yeh I think your right, is it worth my whipping out the fpr and putting it in the sonic cleaner at work? Or will that ruin it?
Thanks given by:
To be honest I think you are clutching straws Big Grin Get on a decent diagnostic machine and have a look at the injector correction values, if they are more than 2 either side of 0 a any point then do a leak off test.
Also look at requested rail pressure vs delivered as the difference in these numbers is what is making your car cut out, which is either a very leaky injector or a worn hp pump
Thanks given by:
Which runs did it cut out on? How many miles has your car done?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Once in 2nd and once in 3rd she's now now done 163000, but the engine has done 89000
Thanks given by: