Posts: 95
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: cornwall
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
13-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Can anyone help me with my dash lights.
I've got no light at all so can't see when it's dark.I've checked the fuses all fine and I changed the dimmer switch thing and tried different bulbs but still nothing.anyone no what's going on???
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
Possibly a fuse as you've tried all those other things! I don't know which fuse I'm afraid though.
Posts: 95
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: cornwall
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
Ok I'll look again when I got time but if anyone nose which one and how much strength thing it is can you let me no
Posts: 95
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: cornwall
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
Posts: 5,847
Threads: 169
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
91
Location: South London
Car Model/Spec: 2003 Jaguar S-Type Sport 3.0V6
So the dials still operate as per usual, but have no illumination?
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Posts: 95
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: cornwall
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
(16-03-2014, 08:21 AM)Grant Wrote: So the dials still operate as per usual, but have no illumination?
Yeah all the dials work apart from the temperamental rev dial but that don't bother me.all the symbols work to just not the illumination lights to see your speed and that.
Posts: 6,482
Threads: 226
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
24
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: A3 TDi
Do any of the dash lights work? Like the heater controls or whatever other lights are down there?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Posts: 95
Threads: 12
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: cornwall
Car Model/Spec: 306 hdi
(19-03-2014, 11:02 AM)Tom Wrote: Do any of the dash lights work? Like the heater controls or whatever other lights are down there?
Come to think of it they don't nor the hazard ones.only high beem and the ones like that work.
Posts: 6,482
Threads: 226
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
24
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: A3 TDi
Have you checked the fuse again since you tried the lights again? Could be that its popping straight away, something earthing out somewhere and drawing to much current.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Posts: 560
Threads: 45
Joined: Apr 2013
Reputation:
0
Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
Car Model/Spec: HDi DTurbo 2001(Y) Astor
I'd say fuse or wiring. Popping the fuse if they do keep popping.
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it
Team disASTOR?