Ladysteve went JDM

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ladysteve went JDM
(13-03-2014, 09:51 PM)LadySteve Wrote:
(13-03-2014, 09:46 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Bike carbs = carburettors from a motorbike, one per cylinder, giving impressive power gains and popping and spitting on overrun, although completely ruining fuel economy Wink

Ahah ahh I see now Big Grin

You definitely have to do it, both me and Dum Dum think it's a good idea therefore you KNOW it's a good idea! I'll even supply hammers!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Also bike carbs/bodies will be cheap for it as nobody really wants the bodies off the 3 cylinder bikes to put on cars as most cars are 4 cylinders.
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 10:07 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Also bike carbs/bodies will be cheap for it as nobody really wants the bodies off the 3 cylinder bikes to put on cars as most cars are 4 cylinders.

Never thought of that. I also know of a Triumph 650 that could donate it's carbs, not sure they'd be big enough though?
Thanks given by:
I done my apprenticeship with daihatsu and used to own one of these. They are an awesome drive. Look shit. Got nick named boxy. 50+mpg. Went four up with luggage to newquay and back. Was awesome little car. My other half who now drives a 205 said she used to love driving it as well Smile I sorta miss the comedic hack

PS I also have a brand new genuine oil filter for one still sitting in my tool box at work if you want it for free?
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
No way is someone here comparing this to a Micra?!!!!

This is epic Ladysteve...crack on!! Ignore the jealous haters
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. One of the main reasons i bought it was because I just had a massive grin on my face the whole time I took it for a test drive. It is just a Funny car!! and it really makes you smile when you drive it. Stephen agrees. Always laughs his head off when he's behind the wheel.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with a Micra, I quite fancy a K10 on wide alloys with some JDM arches and lows.
Thanks given by:
I had a k10 and a k11 too they both have nothing on the curoe trust me way more of a fun drive
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 09:22 AM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: I had a k10 and a k11 too they both have nothing on the curoe trust me way more of a fun drive

It's the wheel at each corner thing, just like a Mini.
Thanks given by:
Its the grin factor Smile Smile

Not yet owned a mini, but borrowed and driven a couple...and from the moment I sat in it, despite the awfil driving position, lack of comfort and power...I just grinned from ear to ear for every second of the journey!! So much fun
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 09:47 AM)Piggy Wrote: Its the grin factor Smile Smile

Not yet owned a mini, but borrowed and driven a couple...and from the moment I sat in it, despite the awfil driving position, lack of comfort and power...I just grinned from ear to ear for every second of the journey!! So much fun

Same here, and it was only a 998 City that I had a go in. That driving position is awful though, feels like driving a tiny bus...
Thanks given by:

Just wait til you drive one of these. Despite my mini being 'newer'... It was no where near as fun to drive as this. My mini was heavy, Not easy to just throw around, yeh it was fast but not very fun. This is just ridiculous! You can just throw it round corners. Its not fast but its got a lot of fire in its belly.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 09:55 AM)LadySteve Wrote:

Just wait til you drive one of these. Despite my mini being 'newer'... It was no where near as fun to drive as this. My mini was heavy, Not easy to just throw around, yeh it was fast but not very fun. This is just ridiculous! You can just throw it round corners. Its not fast but its got a lot of fire in its belly.

Think he means a proper Mini Wink
Thanks given by:
Oh hell yeah.

Freaking joke of a BMW rip off.. Mini my arse.

I am a die hard fan of the original Mini...new mini can suck old minis exhaust pipe and die!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Drove the bmw knock off once, didn't care for it. Couldn't see out the windows properly and when I turned the steering wheel I could feel the rack rubbing on my feet, still it was punchy for a 1.6

This however is just..I don't even know how to describe it...dumb fun? Ragging the balls of a 3 cyl to throw it into a corner and have the whole body roll so much yet grip superbly is just grin-tactular. The engine is very agricultural though, not sure if it's a daihastsu thing or just this car , still can't wait to have a tinker with it though will try the airbox mod next time she's round see how that goes

Would just popping the carbs on benefit the engine? Just thinking if it was a case of just bolt on and drive then maybe have them as a show session thing and just the original inlet on for general mpg
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
New minis are shit, i can see the cooper works being fun on a track, but apart from that...

That's just three cylinders for you, they're all like it and there's f*ck all you can do about it tbh. You can make it sound rude though. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 06:15 PM)lolsteve Wrote: The engine is very agricultural though, not sure if it's a daihastsu thing or just this car , still can't wait to have a tinker with it though will try the airbox mod next time she's round see how that goes

OH WILL YA NOW
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 10:04 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(12-03-2014, 09:34 PM)C2K Wrote: What happened to the mini? Was more betterer tbh

What, are you a girl?!

No. I bought an r56 Cooper diesel for my girlfriend and it's a cracking little go kart tbh. As much as I love Japanese turbo products, this vehicle has little going for it aside from its economics, which seemingly are about to be pissed up the wall.

If you think it doesn't corner, you're doing it wrong tbh. Our mini, whilst compromised by run flats, is tremendous fun, all the while having achieved 65mpg lifetime.would love a go in a gp works.

Still, each to their own. It's functional, and you find it fun, so good on you.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Still u cant have much of an opinion on comparison between this and a mini...unless youve driven both...which i have
French Wench
Thanks given by:
(14-03-2014, 10:44 PM)LadySteve Wrote: Still u cant have much of an opinion on comparison between this and a mini...unless youve driven both...which i have

QFT.

I can't help but wonder if people think new cars handle well because they can throw it into a corner and it's promptly fixed by the the traction-control/stability-control/abs/lane-departure-prevention/other-miscellaneous-talent-substitutes...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I can assure you that 'handling' in General was very low on the agenda when they developed this Daihatsu Cuore. It's primary objective was probably more to do with how few recycled tins of baked beans they could build it out of!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
haha true and its never going to win a rally event but doesnt mean it isnt a fun drive/throw about

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(15-03-2014, 01:41 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(14-03-2014, 10:44 PM)LadySteve Wrote: Still u cant have much of an opinion on comparison between this and a mini...unless youve driven both...which i have

QFT.

I can't help but wonder if people think new cars handle well because they can throw it into a corner and it's promptly fixed by the the traction-control/stability-control/abs/lane-departure-prevention/other-miscellaneous-talent-substitutes...

101% this. All the new cars I've driven handle relatively well but thats all because whenever you get remotely close to the limit of even seeing a bit of under/oversteer or loss of grip, a computer fixes it all for you. Worst for that was the 320d i had for a week. Yeah it went into a corner quite well but it was just boring and all computer aided.
Give me an old car where you have the option what to do any day!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Same here. Can't help but think this is why so many people drive like retards these days, they think they're invincible with 14 airbags and tractionstabilityslipactiveyawbumholecontrol....
Thanks given by:
Cant believe ive actually got a car the majority of this forum like hahah! Its a nice feeling for sure. Will definitely be dragging it along to pugfest this year so yall can get a better look....if she makes it that far... Tbh i was pleasently surprised when i managed to get it past 70mph on the motorway haha!! Getting it down south is another question.
French Wench
Thanks given by:
Needs a blower!
Thanks given by:
Just tried the airbox thing, turns it from a whine to a v6 growl...or a just cone filter sound

Thanks given by:
I dunno why but this car's total win Big Grin

got anymore pictures?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Can I has a drive if you bring it to pugfest pretty please
Thanks given by:
I would also love a go... I'll let you take the Merc for a spin?
Thanks given by: