Falling out of love with MYA

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Falling out of love with MYA
I am in the same position as Liam, Do I fight on with an old car or do I scrap it and walk away as it drives like shite !!

It also doesn't help that I don't have anywhere to work on the car, not all the required tools, no XUD cambelt experience and very little dollar so this is draining my love for MYA like water down a drain!

Here is a list of jobs off the top of my head: -

-fit Bosch pump kit which includes buying and fitting a timing belt, tensioner and w/pump as current pump will fail on emissions
-buy & fit twin optic stalk as indicator won't stay on so MOT fail.
-fix intermittent rev counter and speedo
-get welding done on n/s/r arch - fit new complete inner wheel arch
-fix gutter rot under top door seal
-fit partner p-bushes (tap new threads etc)
- fit pirelli's on the front wheels, get balanced etc
-buy & fit HDI Front discs and pads due to car wobble at any speed when applying the brakes - possible NOT failure?
-fit both front wings
-fit side skirts
-source & fit replacement bumpers
-get shell repaired under boot lock
-get windscreen replaced as leaking like a sieve.
-replace all door/boot seals as they're fecked and the car fills up with water, thank god the matrix is not leaking
- sort leak by aerial
- get it through the MOT at the start of April

If I could beg/borrow mechanical experience (cambelt & Bosch conversion), some tools and somewhere dry to do the jobs it won't seem like such a mountain to climb..

...or do I dowse it in petrol, flick a match and then claim on the insurance lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
If you were close i'd happily lend a hand. To be honest, a little mini meet in some form of garage you could do most of that in a weekend...

But like you say its all about your financial situation...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I could break it down to needs and wants.

Needs for MOT are: -

-P bushes as they're fecked
-Swap over front tyres for non worn
-Twin optic stalk

I could test the car and see if it fails on front brakes and emissions.

The thing that annoys me is I mainly need dry space to crack on with the jobs! A spare pair of hands and a threat cutting kit to fit the partner p-bush would be nice and the rest I could push on with Smile

Thanks given by:
I feel the pain as I think this every day with 205 but just crack on get it sorted, I'm sure if people are local to you I bet there willing to help out Smile

Thanks given by:
If money is an issue I would forget mods for now and concentrate on getting it through it MOT.

Buy the bolts for the new P bushes there only pennies.
Thanks given by:
although its hard i always try to stay on top of jobs that need doing to my cars.

Before you no it you have a massive list of stuff that needs doing and no motivation/love to do it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Thanks given by:
Just get it fixed better the devil you know and all that shit

I'll be down your way tomorrow but refuse to do any more Bosch conversions
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys Smile. Guess I'm falling out of love with an older car due to the list of issues/repairs getting larger by the day and fighting a losing battle!

I will have to get it legal before I decide anything, the cambelt needs doing soon as well so also deciding if I should Bosch convert it or just change the cambelt etc and sell the full Bosch kit?

But but but Danny why??

Thanks given by:
Mmm.. I'd sell up and get another one.

Or a brand new Citreon DS3 for £114 a month for 12 months.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I've decided it's best to move on buddy, with the list of stuff mine needs it's a false economy and I just don't have the love for it any more. I'll no doubt be back in a 306, but it's time for a change. At best it's worth £500, it's just not worth pouring money into. Done me well though Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I don't really have money for a new car at the moment due to family outgoings but if I did a second hand car, that would be a gamble... Structurally its ok with new struts, springs, tyres, good engine & gearbox.

A DS3 for £1,368 after 12 months...I bet there's a whack at the end of 12 months which I can't afford Sad

Basically I think I need somewhere that's free, flat and inside. Then I could crack on and do the MOT stuff I.e. p-bushes etc

Thanks given by:
I refuse to do them unless I see the pump running on a car before I fit last 4 pumps I have done have been f*cked so had to remove and refit lucarse, charge customer twice but it's just a ball ache don't have time to be f*cking about like that lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 10:47 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I refuse to do them unless I see the pump running on a car before I fit last 4 pumps I have done have been f*cked so had to remove and refit lucarse, charge customer twice but it's just a ball ache don't have time to be f*cking about like that lol

Ah I get your point Danny but at least you would be time efficient in doing the job, it's a reversal of what you've just done lol

Seriously, I have removed parts to find the part incorrect, so had to replace the original

Thanks given by:
If you're fitting a bosch, ensure someone takes it apart and reseals it before fitting it - that way you know it's been resealed and that it's not screwed inside.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Not read the rest of the thread but I've got an ariel with non leaking base and what I'm sure is a twin optick stalk in the garage you can have.
I'll also give you a hand fitting the brakes and wings.
Thanks given by:
Aww thanks darling [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️. I am chatting to zack about visiting his, so you're more than welcome to come Smile

Thanks given by:
Chris can you please have a look for the twin optic stalk? [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

Thanks given by:
I wouldnt be able to tell if its twin optics just be looking at it. its a ph2 or ph3 stalk and I dont know what car it came off. have a feeling it was poodles old HDi
Thanks given by:
We all have that feeling. Ive been extremely tempted by a mint 6 but ive got so much invested in the 1.8 atm that id lose a lot!
Thanks given by:
You just got to plough through it. I always have tomes where I don't want to.
Once it's all done I give it a good wash and a good drive I fall back in love.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 11:41 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I wouldnt be able to tell if its twin optics just be looking at it. its a ph2 or ph3 stalk and I dont know what car it came off. have a feeling it was poodles old HDi

i guess it should be a twin optic then? How many beer tokens ?

(04-03-2014, 12:42 PM)SRowell Wrote: We all have that feeling. Ive been extremely tempted by a mint 6 but ive got so much invested in the 1.8 atm that id lose a lot!

(04-03-2014, 02:25 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: You just got to plough through it. I always have tomes where I don't want to.
Once it's all done I give it a good wash and a good drive I fall back in love.

There is a side of me thinking this, maybe i will just get a 12month ticket on it and then decide to keep or bin before next MOT...

Thanks given by:
You can have it for nowt
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 04:04 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You can have it for nowt

Grrrrr ***big man hug**** [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

I was hoping to go to zacks April 5th if that's ok with him - would you be game??

Thanks given by:
Sadly I'm working early turn.

Whens the next south west meet?
Thanks given by:
If you need body shell parts to weld in and don't mind red i have a P3 HDI that has a side impact that i am going to have the engine and gearbox removed to put into my estate. the guy that will be doing it (just down from the airport) builds rally cars and fixes all the land rovers for the farms so you are welcome to have as much of the shell cut out as you want. Just the driver side B pillar and doors that are fecked. .
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 06:26 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Sadly I'm working early turn.

Whens the next south west meet?

Ah that suck donkey balls... Could you post it if I pay the dollar?

(04-03-2014, 06:31 PM)Andy! Wrote: If you need body shell parts to weld in and don't mind red i have a P3 HDI that has a side impact that i am going to have the engine and gearbox removed to put into my estate. the guy that will be doing it (just down from the airport) builds rally cars and fixes all the land rovers for the farms so you are welcome to have as much of the shell cut out as you want. Just the driver side B pillar and doors that are fecked. .

Is this mountain biking Andy ?? If so welcome to the darkside...if not apologies lol

Is it a 5dr?? I need the inside of the rear passenger pillar, from the roof to way under seatbelt anchor as it's gone around the a/b anchor area - rusted from where the inner plastic arch is only a 3/4 not a full arch on early cars - common problem Sad

Thanks given by:
I think the ariel is corroded into the base so would need to be posted in a tube and I dont have one of them or anything to make a decent one out of. Just commented on the SW meet thread, if its the 23rd I'll bring the ariel, base and stalk down.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 09:09 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I think the ariel is corroded into the base so would need to be posted in a tube and I dont have one of them or anything to make a decent one out of. Just commented on the SW meet thread, if its the 23rd I'll bring the ariel, base and stalk down.

Cheers mate but aerial sorted now Wink. Just the stalk

Thanks given by:
Mate why did you move, your old place would be ideal for all this work. Shame I don't have the space either :/
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 09:48 PM)Connor Wrote: Mate why did you move, your old place would be ideal for all this work. Shame I don't have the space either :/

I know mate, it is such a shame Sad

Well I'm going to zacs on 05/04/14 if you fancy it? There's lots of jobs lol

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seriously falling out of love RJDubya 31 9,032 10-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Last Post: RJDubya
  I love cats, I love every kind of cat. Ruan 6 1,753 19-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Last Post: puglove