VAG Content: Golf GTD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VAG Content: Golf GTD
Buzzing like a kid full of sherbet and coca cola on Xmas day today, having treated myself to a first - a brand new car. It's been at the dealers a few weeks already waiting for today.

Picked her up this morning!! Mine was deffo one of the first 14 plates on the road as we were in and out haha. Only seen one other 14 plate all day and i've done about 120 miles so far.

Started well with an unveiling!
[Image: IMAG1712.jpg]

Shiny!
[Image: DSC00748.jpg]

Checking out the paintwork in the sunshine - this is why I opted for Night Blue..
[Image: IMAG1672.jpg]
[Image: DSC00752.jpg]
[Image: DSC00750.jpg]

Looking pimp in the handover bay!
[Image: IMAG1716.jpg]

And home. I'll clean it up at some point and wax it, it's dirty already from enjoying it. Tongue
[Image: IMAG1721.jpg]
[Image: IMAG1722.jpg]

Weather was glorious after an icy start, and enjoyed a great drive home. Unbelievable smooth to drive and great fun. One very happy bunny. It is to replace my HDi ultimately, I still have a couple of jobs to do with her, and she will forever remain in fond memory after 200000 fantastic miles in her. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Looks good. I like the colour, looks similar to my Audi Smile
Thanks given by:
Very nice dude.

The wheels remind me of those on the V10 R8, look after them if they're diamond cut though! And that tyre size looks...expensive!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yes theyre diamond cut, they will be treated to gtechniq wheel sealant and some wheel wax too!

they are 19s, so yeah a bit on the steep side lol.
Thanks given by:
Looks gorgeous matey, hope you're happy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That looks awesome Simon! Well worth it imo! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looks great mate! Thrash = still 60 mpg
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome mate

Does it have dsg?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Very nice. Big fan of the new Golfs myself, very sharp looking.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 01:26 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looks awesome mate

Does it have dsg?

No, iI test drove one with dsg and found it to be clumsy and dim witted, it also costs 1600 quid. As a motoring enthusiast I much prefer a manual, and the fact I couldn't have one on an a class merc meant I could only chose this.

Very happy with her. Tons of nice touches like auto dim mirror, auto lights, bluetooth, xenons, awesome stereo etc. The ride is super smooth even on 19s, let my mate with a passat cc drive it and he thought the same.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Thanks given by:
Not a fan of VWs my self. Out of the few I've driven, they have all been horrible but i must say, i do love the colour and the MK7 is a fairly good looking!

Edit: Did they not offer you a discount for taking a 63 plate? I know when i got my work car last year, they were going to hold on to them until the 13 plate came out as our lease company always prefers this for some reason but Marshalls offered them quite a substantial discount to register and take early as they arrived early...although there was 14 of them for us sitting at the dealership lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I found the same til I test drove this. The variable steering and adjustable dampers make for a very nice drive, very precise.great fun, although not like my rallye fun!
Thanks given by:
Still don't get it. Wink

Looks very shiny though, hope it does you well. Haven't driven one of the new ones yet, be interested to see what they're like. I didn't find the older ones bad to drive as such, just a bit boring/numb, that goes for most new cars though i guess.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Niall, they didn't call as he knew I wanted it as a 14 plate from day 1, plus I had pretty much maxed out the discount lol.

It has electric steering which is variable and 2.1 (iirc) turns lock to lock, it's actually very precise but a touch soul less. It's very nice to drive tbh.
Thanks given by:
Bet it hasn't got a patch on the Fiat 500 we hired last week, complete with 'limp-wristed' button which makes the steering lighten right up! :p
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Looking very pretty mate, mucho jealous Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the kind words. It's the culmination of a few years hard work this, whereas a few years ago my financials weren't great. I'm very lucky tbh, but I have worked hard also.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Umm.....a dirty golf....... Toms306 86 18,697 16-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Toms306