Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MPG...in the real world...for GTI6/S16/Rallye boys
(27-02-2014, 05:14 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: It boils my piss all the "people" who go on about how wonderful 1. 2 corsas and the like are, "so cheap to run and cheap insurance" etc etc

Reality, you have to rag the shit out of miniscule petrol engines just to do the same road speed as everyone else, I actually think woefully underpowered cars are far more dangerous than 800bhp 180mph rockets, purely because they struggle to get up to speed when joining motorways etc

I guarantee that anyone with control of their feet will be far better off in a big engined car, better mpg, less dangerous to other road users etc

Tax has ruined driving for everyone :-(

Rant over haha

Agreed!

My sister has a 1.0 12v Corsa as her first car....and man is it slow! Doesn't appear to be overly economical either, but she doesn't brim to brim so haven't worked out the mpg properly. Plus, being a post Y reg petrol, the tax isn't even cheap! It's about £140 a year iirc...same as a Golf TDI of the same age that has 150bhp and does 55mpg. lol

As for slow cars being dangerous, they really are, and it was one of the things I really hated about the 106 NAD. Joining motorways, overtakes and trying to get out of other peoples way (when lorries move across the dually without looking for example!) was near impossible. Had so many more near misses in that car than I did the 180bhp Golf!

It's not the tax that's killed cars, its the emmsisons regs! They impact everything else. Sad

Also agreed with Piggy though, some of the very latest small petrol engines are epic, small boosted petrols are the way forwards imo.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: MPG...in the real world...for GTI6/S16/Rallye boys - by Toms306 - 27-02-2014, 05:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gti6 rallye ac pump advice please thomson 2 1,368 18-04-2013, 10:53 PM
Last Post: thomson