Breakdown cover

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakdown cover
Just a random one, as i've just taken out a new breakdown policy, wanna compare policies and prices, see if i've been taken for a mug. lol

Considering the fact we (well, most of us anyway) drive 10+ year old french cars, who's got breakdown cover, what does your policy cover you for, and how much?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've got rac for me and the fiancee covers us for home start, Recovery any were with in the uk, and personal use so if I'm in a mate's car and they brake down its covered, cost £95 for the year, but to be fair I caught the sales man on a shit day were he made no sales and I knocked him down £20

Thanks given by:
In my 5 years of driving and ownership of 8 d turbos I have never had breakdown cover ....
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
got mine in with insurance, recovery where i want, no home start though coz i don't need it, was £50 extra
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I'm with the AA I pay £7.00 a month and that's with relay as well.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Hmm....i got roped in to a policy with Swinton Insurance, comes with uk recovery and homestart. First 3 months free, but £10.49 a month after that.....might just cancel the thing. lol
Thanks given by:
Most of us literally only need it to get us home again, that all i need anyway, if i cant fix it at the road then i need them to take me home lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Got mine through my bank account, 5 calls a year, homestart ect ect
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Got mine through my bank too. Got everything and as much as i can use it, on any car
Thanks given by:
got a joint policy for me and the wife
being it as driver or passanger in any car, Roadside and recovery no homestart with the RAC I paid £110 this year
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 03:33 PM)cully Wrote: being it as driver or passanger in any car, Roadside and recovery no homestart with the RAC I paid £110 this year

Same as mine, will be up for renewal next month though.
Thanks given by:
Rac £6.50 a month think it's the second package which gets back home not to the nearest garage.Since having it and owning no Peugeot I've used it twice so easily made my money back, booth times got to me in about half hour.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Last year it was a freebee with the insurance this year was a optional extra which I haven't taken but can apply at any time throughout the policy for £25 regardless of when in the year it's taken but it will expire when the policy does, for the sake of £25 I should have taken it but every penny counted then and even more so now so still goin bareback at the moment ;-)
Thanks given by:
I just dont have breakdown cover.

The estates battery went flat in Hursley and Poodle came and helped me out so I owe him beers.
The estates fuel lines got pulled out and I lost a tank of fuel in the dark and had no idea what the problem was. Dad towed me home!

It is something i need to look into though!
Thanks given by:
Tbh, i think i know enough people nearby that can help if necessary that i can afford to live without breakdown cover, its only really long runs i worry about, and they are so few and far between that its just not worth the money!
Thanks given by:
Exactly. So i drive between london and home every weekend. Its all dual carriageway and the car has never let me down yet. Because we are always working on our cars you know whats going on. Unless youre a tuned dturbo owner... then you could loose a conrod at any minute. Tongue
Thanks given by:
[Image: 46418590.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 03:07 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Got mine through my bank too. Got everything and as much as i can use it, on any car

Me too...£12.95 a month bank account gets me holiday and mobile insurance, and full breakdown cover, inc my wife, on both our cars.

Account had other advantages too...but those saved me some dollar immediately
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Once only had breakdown cover once, it came with my insurance for extra £2 a month with home start.
Never needed breakdown cover but when I had it with insurance I used it twice.

It's a jinx :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Britannia Rescue through CSMA.

£103 per year for car complete cover throughout Europe in any car covering both me and my partner.

Works very well and on the odd occasion I've had to use it over the years I've always received exceptional service and none of the hassles that friends seem to get with AA and RAC.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
I've got mine with lloyds premier account. Good deal with relay home start etc. Only ever used it to get me back home when my wishbone snapped Sad
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

Thanks given by:
I'm with aa, £8 a month and I've got roadside, relay and stay-mobile. I had RAC last year through my insurance and when I had that mishap in cornwall and tried ringing them for atleast half an hour with no answer i decided to go for aa + my mates missus works for them so if I can't get through I'll just give him a ring Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
AutoAid, covered as driver or passenger of any vehicle, home start, recovery to anywhere in the UK, various other features, £39 a year. You pay the cost of recovery upfront and they reimburse you. By all accounts it works very well at a fraction of the cost of AA/RAC.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
£7.77 per month for RAC with recovery as I would only ever want to get the car home
Thanks given by:
If you have a credit card then go for Auto Aid. £39 a year for the full package (home start, onward journey etc). The only problem is you need to pay up front and then claim it back, hence saying to do if you have a credit card.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Breakdown Cover Toms306 14 4,561 03-06-2018, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Iceman299
  Best Breakdown Cover Eeyore 47 8,283 09-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Last Post: chylledapps
  Breakdown Cover? JTaylor2005 44 6,946 17-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005