Drop links.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop links.
Just a word of warning. On ebay there are many folk selling cheap drop links. Well, they are just that - Cheap.

I got a pair, the first one stripped the thread as I put the nut on. I didn't bother changing the other one. I got a pair from a shop in town and fitted them, cost a bit more but they were not made from monkey metal.
Thanks given by:
Oh dont worry, were all aware of cheap ebay shite here. Some more than others. Personally ive had both wishbones snap on my car (ones that were on the car when I bought it) have a little search, ive posted the pics
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 11:03 PM)Alex Wrote: Just a word of warning. On ebay there are many folk selling cheap drop links. Well, they are just that - Cheap.

I got a pair, the first one stripped the thread as I put the nut on. I didn't bother changing the other one. I got a pair from a shop in town and fitted them, cost a bit more but they were not made from monkey metal.

Oh yes, as they say, cheap things aren't good and good things aren't cheap. How do you think the dealers parts departments are still in business.
Garages around here make a fortune on suspension parts. They put cheap parts on, then in 12 months time, when it fails the MoT again they blame the thousands of speed humps.
Thanks given by:
Just take off the ARB and fit stiffer springs.
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
drop links are cheap enough for decent ones anyway.....but i get yer drift lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Damn spinning drop links Iaitoo 24 6,264 02-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Drop links - and now tie rods :) Iaitoo 11 2,102 16-12-2015, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Drop links spec mattbarker32 27 4,296 06-08-2015, 04:05 AM
Last Post: maxzy