f*cking fuming!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
f*cking fuming!
Well some of you might have seen my post earlier in the week with regards to is

[Image: 4f7ef568.jpg]

Well now to add to the headache of sorting that, I've now got to sort this....

[Image: 42b19710.jpg]

[Image: cf0fb457.jpg]

[Image: 069d91b3.jpg]

[Image: 418abbdd.jpg]

Parked outside my girlfriends house over night. Her old man woke me up this morning to tell me there was damage to the car (not what you want to hear from the man who drove into the back of the car when you first got it.....). Went outside to find that the new neighbour over the road had reversed into it.
In all fairness to the bloke, I thought he was going to cry with shame! Got all his details but it's got to go through the insurance. Just had a nice argument with the insurance as they told me that I have to go to their local repair shop (Russell parry.....bunch of cowboys!) so insisted that it goes to the guy who does all my body work for me.

Not happy!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
hm im sure you have some say in where the car goes...

you dont HAVE to take it anywhere, if they're agreeing to pay for the damage, you should have the say of where you want it done... why pay isnurance for some bodge-shop - take it straight to pug!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Oh dear. Surely the insurers have more than one approved repairer?
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Nah it's going to my garage that does all my bodywork. They only tell you to use their approved garage because it's cheaper for them. I trust the guy who does all the work on my car. I wouldn't trust Russell parry to look at my car without causing more damage!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Only damage I can see is a tiny crack in the bumper and some scratch marks that will probs come out with buffing?

Either way it's still damage to your car and id start parking away from the street,bad luck to you so far fella.

Insurance companies should have more than 1 repair company and you do get a say especially if your guy is cheaper than theirs they will happily use him then
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nah there's a dent and a crease in the wing which I've tried to show. Just fuming as that bumper was brand spanking new 6 months ago!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
insurance is a funny old game.. the way it works is weird, say if it gos to the cowboys you pay £50 excess for exsample as its non fault claim its diffrent but lets keep it simple. but you will pay that, but if it gos to another repairer they may charge more then the repairer that they was going to get. so basicly they will try and charge you the diffrence in cost.

so say there repairer can do it for £150 but your repairer will cost £200 they will try charge you the £50 becouse they will say we can get it cheaper and it "will be of same standard" witch you know dam well its not going to be. so thats how they get you. so yes you have a choice but, they can say they will charge the diffrence.

best bet is let them do the work then complain about it, do it again, complain about it, untill you have completly correct parts with no bodge, if its still not right ring up insurance and say look its not to the same standard now your going to have to pay to get it done right, then take it to your mate your happy with it insurance still gets charged
Thanks given by:
Hmmm he didn't mention this to me. He just said obtain 2 quotes and we will pay the cheaper. Garage I'm going to will be cheaper I reckon.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Bad times Sad Yeh they should pay out for whatever damage without saying where you have to take it Sad
Thanks given by:
yeah thats why, it means if you want it to go to another garage, you will prob have to pay the difference becouse they can get it cheaper.

but it also depends on your insurance, if your with rsa, direct line, more then, groupama, i dont mean like your with insuremycar.com.. for exsample as there just insurence brokers, its the acutal company who insurance your, as seprate companys have some do a thing called a fixed price repair, basicly the insurance company pays £1000 no less no more, so if its a bumper quids in for the company, if its a full side... then company looses out and everything is bodged back together to get it cheap as, i cant remember the insurance company that does it tho :/ pretty sure its hastings direct that do it.
Thanks given by:
Gutted mate, not your week!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'm with admiral and he's will elephant (same company as I'm sure you know). They have just phoned me about it and I'm taking it to the garage today for a quote (gotta love a garage open on a Sunday!). Insurance has practically said its fine for me to use them!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Good news mate. Hope it get sorted. How comes it went through insurance though? Would you neighbour not agree to do it between you? Surely cost him more in the long run
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:Good news mate. Hope it get sorted. How comes it went through insurance though? Would you neighbour not agree to do it between you? Surely cost him more in the long run

Heh as only lived there for a day. He said normally he would pay but he can't afford to what with moving. What a welcome eh? Haha
He's been really good about it tbh. I was expecting the "it's a old car anyway. It's only a few dents".
Insurance phoned me again to ask for a updated value on the car and what condition it's in. I said it was worth about 2k (other than the roof, it's bloody tidy!) and they agreed to that so at least I know if the bill is less than 2k, I'm ok! Lol
Just been and had a look and whipped the bumper off. It needs a new wing, new hockey stick and clip and the bumper repairing. Lucky the crack in the bumper has mostly followed the line of the rubbing strip so worst case is, it can be plastic welded. It's broken some of the plastic welds on the inside of the bumper but they will be easy to fix. Garage might just decide to fit a new bumper!
Oh and while the bumper was off I might of made a little mod ninja

To add to my day, just found a door dent that i didn't have yesterday......need a protective bubble for my car I think!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That sucks mate. Im sure peoples driving is getting worse these days.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's f*cking Friday!!! C.A.R. 16 3,237 31-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Last Post: SupaStar88
  F*cking virgin media cpikey316_ 14 4,262 31-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Jonny b
  F*CKING PAISLEY FREIGHT!!! Oil-burner 12 3,726 08-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Oil-burner