Help Diagnose (Video's included)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Diagnose (Video's included)
*cough* ^^^^^^
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
If the weight of the car is on the strut, you should be able to, yes.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
might not help but i have a similar noise again only on corners got coilovers too and have swapped them round , and the noise is still on the same side.. My mate told me to plaster white grease all over the strut and as far up as i could get it, the noise did stop but slowley reapeared , also trying to solve this noise?
Thanks given by:
raymond76 Wrote:might not help but i have a similar noise again only on corners got coilovers too and have swapped them round , and the noise is still on the same side.. My mate told me to plaster white grease all over the strut and as far up as i could get it, the noise did stop but slowley reapeared , also trying to solve this noise?

ah ok, thanks for this - i might a rediculous amount of WD40 on it to try and lubriate this up a bit.

but yes, it is interesting where i get NO noice at all when turning right, only ever left! weird... going to the scrapyard today, try and get this spacer
Thanks given by:
So, went to the scrapyard and got hold of a spacer...

Here's the result on the new mount - 3 images compiled:

1 - N/S which is fine
2 - O/S Dodgy WITH additional spacer from pug
3 - O/S Without additional spacer from pug - spacer sat next to it..

[Image: AkFUr.jpg]

Went for a drive with the final image and was shocked! The turning CRUNKING has stopped, strangely, but over LARGE bumps and instant bangs on the strut, still get a small amount of clunking..
Thanks given by:
Also, to anyone that is still concerned :

went to get a valve replacement today - whilst the wheel was off i took a ganders, and the top of the strut is literally "resting" against the bear/mount - its not slotted in or anything - is this normal?? i really can't remember what my other sides look like
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Near Side Rear Knocking (video included) Tom85 4 1,179 04-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Tom85