Help Diagnose (Video's included)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Diagnose (Video's included)
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Top mount bearings I believe Smile
Thanks given by:
yep, sounds like a clunk to me.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Top mount. Euros or GSF sell em quite cheaply including the bearings. Think I paid £40 for a pair not too long ago.
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:Top mount. Euros or GSF sell em quite cheaply including the bearings. Think I paid £40 for a pair not too long ago.

i've only just installed new mounts, this side has brand new mounts on :| :|

Any chance someone can link what i need...??
Thanks given by:
new bearings aswell?
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:new bearings aswell?

i assumed so - they said that included everything i needed - sec, ill take a photo of what i was given... i just assumed pug gave me everything...

[Image: wVuCF.jpg]

when fitting - the top spring of the coilover has a cup, that then just slot up in? or have i done something catastrophically wrong...
Thanks given by:
When you put it all together, are you sure the bearing was seated properly? I've seen this done before and it wears the top mount really quickly
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:When you put it all together, are you sure the bearing was seated properly? I've seen this done before and it wears the top mount really quickly

i put it together as it was in the pack... unless the do this to space save... more pictures, hold on..

1) - how it also fits?

[Image: goAqf.jpg]

2) - how i put it on, and was in the pack

[Image: zBKjT.jpg]

edit: looking at the first image, there is a lot more "bearing" movement as there is rubber for it to 'stick' to the actual mount which allows free roatation movement, whereas, where i have fitted it, it gets quite 'sticky' with little rotation movement.. hmm..
Thanks given by:
that last pic is correct. Youve got everything you should have.

Could be the spring incorrectly seated? Or broken?
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:that last pic is correct. Youve got everything you should have.

they're brand new - there is no sign of it being "any different" to the other side, which is fine - except that has an original top mount.... :| , this is also where i get stumped
Thanks given by:
any more ideas? Sad
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:that last pic is correct. Youve got everything you should have.

Are you certain? I'll double check when I'm not taking funky shit for septicemia, but I'm sure it's supposed to be the other way around as the inner flange sits into the top spring seat.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
I might be wrong here so don't quote me but I thought the bearings where reversed when using coil overs?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well the way that's sat I'd expect the centre of the bearing to hit the inner cup on the top mount as the mounts flex
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
ooh what have i started - im assuming the mount which sits ontop of the coilovers stay's there AS WELL AS the bearings...
Thanks given by:
anyone know for certain then which way up this bearing should be :| ?

i know with the spare one i have, it feels like it should be the other way round to what i have fitted - but iirc, it wouldnt go that way for some reason or another
Thanks given by:
Mine are like your 2nd photo but I'm not running coilovers. I'm sure when I saw kris fitting some, the bearings went the other way up
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:I'm sure when I saw kris fitting some, the bearings went the other way up

as in picture 1?
Thanks given by:
Yeah
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Yeah

hmm ok.. i may give swapping it over a go... bit of a nuisance...
Thanks given by:
Check with others first. As I said, I'm not sure on this one.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Check with others first. As I said, I'm not sure on this one.

seems no one is at the moment :|
Thanks given by:
This sucks... It seems to be getting worse and now hearing
A creek across the entire car, sounds ARB related...
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:2) - how i put it on, and was in the pack

[Image: zBKjT.jpg]

This is how it goes on " standard springs and shocks" not sure for coilovers but its how it is on my Bilsteins and Eibachs. But then the set bearings on mine didnt have the extra lip type bit from the first photo. Maybe that was the design change you said peugeot mentioned
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:This is how it goes on " standard springs and shocks" not sure for coilovers but its how it is on my Bilsteins and Eibachs. But then the set bearings on mine didnt have the extra lip type bit from the first photo. Maybe that was the design change you said peugeot mentioned

hm well the car is in for an MOT in about 4 weeks now, i could wait until then and see if they could diganose it but im worried this could be causing further damage...

but then again, the coil'y on the O/S is fine, which is on original top mounts.

I know it's missing that cup spacer, but surely that little part couldn't cause such dramatic noises?! <-- if anyone has one, would be appreciated.
Thanks given by:
Just flip the bearing over and see if it makes a difference?
Thanks given by:
That cup spacer is pretty important, it's there to stop you cracking the top mounts....
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
One more thing, noticed today that it also seems as the arb is getting involved in the creaking, in assuming that if the bearing is wrong - its not allowing the strut to move properly resulting in a 'sticky' drop link??

I'll head to the scrapyard tomorow to grab a spacer, you think I could fit the spacer without taking the entire strut and top mount apart, just removing the top nut?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Near Side Rear Knocking (video included) Tom85 4 1,179 04-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Tom85