McLaren P1 > every car ever made, yes including a 306
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 07:11 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: McLaren P1 > every car ever made, yes including a 306

Agreed. If your going out to buy a car with your money you want the best.

Maybe going over the top with everything Tom. But it's the best
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 05:59 PM)Niall Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 11:29 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(12-02-2014, 10:28 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Edited for you tom

Hmm, that's your opinion lol.

I like clinical precision, accuracy and attention to detail...

But everything on the P1 seems over the top, it's like they've gone too far with it all - too much power, too much weight loss (not even lacquering the CF so it'll soon chip!), too expensive etc etc.

I'd rather have the MP4-12C tbh. Or even a Lexus LFA.... Clinical precision, in a subtle measured way. Wink

For once Tom, i do see where your coming from there but the P1 is not meant as a practical family car. The whole point was a "look what we can do...f*ck you everyone else" sort of thing and i think they have done a fantastic job of it.
The 4C is more desirable in the fact its a bit more comforting but....well its just not a P1 lol.

Niall hit the nail on the head, everything maclaren do is function over form, every last detail is designed/made by science and not the heart.

We went to the old maclaren factory where they built the below car, it was all white inside and you could eat your dinner of the floor in the factory it was so clean !

All I can say is ****, ******,****, **** does the below car fly as we were taken out in pairs on the track by their test driver

[Image: vesu8aqe.jpg]
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 09:20 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: We went to the old maclaren factory where they built the below car, it was all white inside and you could eat your dinner of the floor in the factory it was so clean !

I'd love to work somewhere like that! Big Grin

Niall is right in that it's meant to be the best it possibly can..... But that's just not what I'd want if I was buying one, it's down to opinion and preference at the end of the day though.
Thanks given by:
If I chose a car for the value for money and how it felt i'd choose the maclaren, if I chose a car with my heart...Lamborghini or Ferrari would win hands down

Tom that factory was an OCD's heaven. We were told if they drilled the car to fit something and they didn't hoover up the mess before continuing they would be fined £100 ! This instilled the perfectionist in them about their workmanship and their work area. Oh and all the mechanics were ex-chefs etc and not mechanics, so they could train them their way and they had no bad habits Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 09:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(13-02-2014, 09:20 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: We went to the old maclaren factory where they built the below car, it was all white inside and you could eat your dinner of the floor in the factory it was so clean !

Niall is right in that it's meant to be the best it possibly can..... But that's just not what I'd want if I was buying one, it's down to opinion and preference at the end of the day though.

Id love a P1 just because of how special they are (and the fact that even though its all mostly for aerodynamics etc, they look fantastic!) but if i had the money to buy one, it certainly wouldn't be a daily driver lol
That would be a XF-RS Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 09:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Yips love Thornton choc factory wan type hama when ever you touch your face, hair and beard nets on, coat washed every day, shoes washed everyday. You have to spend 5 minutes waking your hands.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why? How tired are your hands?

Oh and I watched the episode where they try to find the source of the Nile last night and it was such a good 2 parter! Can't believe I'd not seen it before!
Thanks given by:
Kent you really need to check your auto-corrects before posting mate! lol
Thanks given by:
The P1 has that similar "revolutionary engineering" design feel the old F1 had when it launched. Not necessarily the fastest car, but my god it's British engineering at its absolute best and it's a car for that will certainly go down in history.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Its on!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Shit. Just realised i've missed half of it! Doh

Now watching half hour behind everyone else, so no spoilers! Dodgy
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
bit of a meh episode.

Doing that drive would have been better in a hot hatch/super mini (fiesta st, abarth 500, gt pro ceed)

I REALLY REALLY defiantly want to go to Chernobyl later this year though! Supposed to be a class lads holiday in the summer with the nightlife!
Thanks given by:
HA

Smashing the limiter, that's how EVERYONE drives a '6!!!
Thanks given by:
lol! I did think how easy that would be to get below 20mpg in a 6!
Thanks given by:
That Zenvo was a pile of cack! Just think of how much money has been sunk into a project like that! Granted it was a wet lap but still. Catching fire when you've sent the car back as a demo model can't be very good publicity!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Tbh i think that zenvo ain't far off the reliability of our pugs haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah but our pugs don't cost £800,000!!

Thanks given by:
Only a few days late :-P but just watched the last episode on I player.

Is it just me who thinks that the coach built alfa is fugly???

Looks like a boat lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Looks gorgeous...came out in topgear mag a few months ago..
Its a etype esq thing of beauty in my opinion.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2014, 09:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd love to work somewhere like that! Big Grin
I applied and got rejected lmao
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
There's still loads of couch builders over here. If you guys remember that Jensen interceptor they had a few years back that was all modern. It's made by a company that couch builds Aston martins and bentlys

Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 01:11 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: There's still loads of couch builders over here. If you guys remember that Jensen interceptor they had a few years back that was all modern. It's made by a company that couch builds Aston martins and bentlys

I take it they make comfy cars then. Wink lol
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 08:58 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Is it just me who thinks that the coach built alfa is fugly???

No, he kept saying how good it looked but I can't see it... Looks worse than the original IMO. I think it's the flat front arches that make it look so weird. Sounded epic though.
Thanks given by:
(26-02-2014, 10:19 PM)Curt Wrote:
(26-02-2014, 08:58 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Is it just me who thinks that the coach built alfa is fugly???

No, he kept saying how good it looked but I can't see it... Looks worse than the original IMO. I think it's the flat front arches that make it look so weird. Sounded epic though.

Yep totally agree

arches where a fail but the exhaust made up for it Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
I was actualy there on wednesday, in the flesh the disco vilante is defiantly not ugly at all, the noise and design is breathtaking yo witness
Thanks given by:
Just caught it on Iplayer. Thought the Disco Vilante was awesome myself, Resembled a 60's vision of the future and reminded me of the Alfa Romeo Bat car concepts. Oh and that Caterham made a savage noise!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Very disappointed with tonight's episode. The whole make a video for a panel of judges wasn't funny when they first did it. Now it's the 4th time around and it's still not funny. And then make up most of the episode using it. Wish they would have thrashed the 918 and the p1 around Abu Dhabi to see who was faster

Thanks given by:
Yep wasted majority of the episode banging on about bicycle's
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeah the bike bit was boring tbh. I did prefer the Porsche to the P1 though, which is odd as I'm not usually a fan of Porsches!
Thanks given by: