Phase 1 door cards into phase 3?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase 1 door cards into phase 3?
Obviously it's doable, but is it a lot of hassle?

The door pins look different, the window switches / looks are different and so on. Is there a guide somewhere?

I also understand you need to drill off the hanging brackets for the door panels and stick some phase 1 versions on. This sounds like it would be hassle.

If it's more trouble than it's worth then forget it, but I much prefer the design of them.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
A lot of faff imo, but then its down to the individual to see if its worth it or not
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I did this to my ph1 when I did a ph3 conversion, The door card does need the pl2/3 central bracket and the upper bracket which if just under the window switch on the door card. The top bracket can be used, by getting 2 nuts used as spacers as the ph1 thread is much longer. I never put the later brackets on and the card its self still held ok. When it comes to the wiring there are old guides on the .net forms easily found using google search. As this is what I did. The left switch is easy to do but the drivers side takes a little working out.

This is how far I got once. As your is a ph3 you may have the problem I did when it come to them changing the colours.

http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...itch-looms
Thanks given by:
Chris, it's doable, as I had them in my 6.
Luckily for you I have everything needed for sale including keeping the auto drivers window.

You need the door pin, brackets and screw holders to physically bolt the card on.
As for the wiring I've grafted in the ph1 wiring to the ph3 looms. You probably could just use a ph1 loom in all honesty.

All I do to remove the brackets is use a hammer and chisel to knock the rivits out.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What about the electric mirror adjuster though? Had that thought after posting this thread. Shirley you have to lose it of relocate it?

How much would you be wanting for the parts Chris? And what about everything minus the actual cards?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Mirrors still work on mine. Was a pita to wire it though.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Itd be some hard work. Youve got it pretty much spot on with the wiring, drilling and brackets :/
Thanks given by:
Well Chris is offering up the complete converted looms etc. too, so the only issue is going to be the door pins and the hanging brackets attached to the doors.

Hmmm...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 1 (?) wheel into Phase 2 ? Sinbad 0 883 22-08-2021, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Sinbad
  component speakers for a phase 2? DonGonzo 0 937 16-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  5 door phase 3 interior parts for sale Teeharv 1 2,131 15-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Teeharv