buying a car in ireland??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying a car in ireland??
Information 
as above.. all the cars i really like are based in ireland .. after checking out gumtree ive shortlisted a few potential whips... has anybody on here got any info related to bringing a car bk on the ferry ... is it just a case of roll on roll off .. would i need to pre book ?.. and would i need to re-register the car once iv got it bk? .. excuse my lack of knowledge .... cheers in advance .. mike ;-)
Thanks given by:
Hi Mike. Please have some consideration for people reading your post. Using text speak and a million full stops makes me want to cry.
Thanks given by:
im guessing there probably would be a customs import tax then a regestration fee with DVLA

thats a guess though i suggest a phone call to customs and the dvla would answer the question
Thanks given by:
Is it 306s you are interested in? If so don't waste your time haha
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If its from the North then I'm fairly sure you just bring it straight over, from the South would be a bit more complicated.
But as rd070707 says, why? Most of the time people bring cars the other way because they're cheaper in the mainland!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Might want to take some torsion bar raising equipment with you, as I doubt 'felt spec' would even get onto the ferry. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 09:16 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Might want to take some torsion bar raising equipment with you, as I doubt 'felt spec' would even get onto the ferry. Tongue

exactly this!
Thanks given by:
Very expensive. One of my cousins paid £2200 for a 406 HDi 90 on 110k not long ago, that would be under a grand here...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
It's the other way round for me, anything I want is either from the North or mainland UK.....

If you buy something here, the owner has to send his plates and book to Shannon, then gets a VRT rebate of some kind. Then ship it from wherever suits (usually Rosslaire). However you register a car over there beats me though....

From the North its buy it and ship it over, no crap with re registering

What had you your eye on?
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think if you bring a car in here you have to declare it to HMRC and pay import duty, f*ck knows how that's worked out though.
Thanks given by:
cheers for your input. surely i wouldnt have to pay import duty on it if i was bringing it over on holiday like?. im sure people bring cars over here for allsorts of "temporary" reasons. ide just have to sort it out with dvla once ive got it over here. i havent been able to find much about it on google ;-(.. im pretty much over it now anyway's!. jus gotta find something more local , the search continues....

>> however, ive just had a quick search and come up with this.. i know its old but its quite interesting ,i doubt the regulations have changed that much over the years..
http://www.pistonheads.com/Gassing/topic...659888&nmt=
Thanks given by:
You wouldn't have to pay import duty on holiday, only if you wanted to UK register it.
Thanks given by:
Not hard to buy a 306 and make it N.I spec. 306 are nowhere near as popular here as they were 3 or 4 years ago over here. Everyone was going to England for them. You'll be disappointed, all the nice cars have gone tatty now.

Like i say, just get a nice one in England. 3 nicks, cut the fronts, Volcanes, Megane splitter.
Thanks given by:
4 easy steps to ruin a 306
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
mind out for the gippos selling the cars
they will try and sell ya a dag as well
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2014, 11:52 PM)Ollie Wrote: Not hard to buy a 306 and make it N.I spec. 306 are nowhere near as popular here as they were 3 or 4 years ago over here. Everyone was going to England for them. You'll be disappointed, all the nice cars have gone tatty now.

Like i say, just get a nice one in England. 3 nicks, cut the fronts, Volcanes, Megane splitter.

Lol spot on !
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Postage from ireland Daniel306 3 923 19-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Last Post: ConorTRG
  Couriers to ireland Ben Jay 5 921 29-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Ben Jay