Virgin Media Mates Rates offer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgin Media Mates Rates offer
cwspellowe Wrote:Because Virgin like to rush products out claiming they are "futureproof" when in fact yes, they are a steaming pile of dogshit. I still use my D-link 615 instead of the superhub but then i'm only on 30Mb. Virgin even recommends that you are hardwired for packages over 50Mb as opposed to wireless, an indirect concession that the superhubs aren't all that. As a modem they are capable up to 200Mb but they are crap wirelessly.

Should never have taken the Netgear contract imo but what do I know? I'm just a technician that gets called out to peoples houses when they can't get their Superhubs working, usually because they've died a horrible death...

:o 30 meg im lucky if i get 5 lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Try and get some deals for upgrades please Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:Because Virgin like to rush products out claiming they are "futureproof" when in fact yes, they are a steaming pile of dogshit. I still use my D-link 615 instead of the superhub but then i'm only on 30Mb. Virgin even recommends that you are hardwired for packages over 50Mb as opposed to wireless, an indirect concession that the superhubs aren't all that. As a modem they are capable up to 200Mb but they are crap wirelessly.

Should never have taken the Netgear contract imo but what do I know? I'm just a technician that gets called out to peoples houses when they can't get their Superhubs working, usually because they've died a horrible death...
I'm using 2 of the 615s which were both supplied by Virgin 8-) Installed DD-WRT firmware and now have the two working well together for great signal everywhere in the house.

I disabled the router 'function' (I say function since it doesn't actually work) on the superhub straight away. I'm just glad that we can, as when they first came out it wasn't possible to have modem-only mode!
Thanks given by:
No virgin in our street - not even the neighbours daughter and she's still at school :angelic-halofell:
Thanks given by:
Right, at the end of my tether now and will be phoning VM tomorrow but thought you might know the answers to my questions...

Our 'upgrade' to the 50mb package (extra £8 per month, included upgrade HDD VM tv box) included the Superhub.

I still don't know how they came up with that name, since it clearly wasn't based on either how it looks or how it performs.

Video content is most noticeable. It will only buffer the first 'bit' of a video, start playing, then stop. It won't then try to re-buffer, you have to refresh the page. Utter crap. It's also noticeable in online gaming - occasionally dropping you out of a lobby if it decides you've been playing too long (over 30 minutes).

Now, I've hard-wired it to work like a modem because it can't handle being connected to more than 2 wireless devices, so it's hooked up to our old router.

I have our old Modem here from VM, can I start using that again and send my Superhub back? Will VM 'activate' the old modem and will it be able to achieve the same download speeds?

Such a pile of wank this hardware, you can see where the cost-saving has been made.

Any help appreciated buddy!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Shit only just seen this sorry mate, did you speak to Virgin or still wanting help? Dop me a PM if you do
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me.....I have been having so many problems with SKY and am due to finish with them in over a months' time. I am thinking of moving over to Virgin, but before I do, how is their service? I guess what I am asking is, are they reliable and stand by their promises? Please let me know.

I am hoping to get a better experience with VM and hopefully get a good deal.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers.
Thanks given by:
i know nothing and DONT work for virgin but stay at sky ninja
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
JDavies Wrote:Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me.....I have been having so many problems with SKY and am due to finish with them in over a months' time. I am thinking of moving over to Virgin, but before I do, how is their service? I guess what I am asking is, are they reliable and stand by their promises? Please let me know.

I am hoping to get a better experience with VM and hopefully get a good deal.

Thanks for your
Cheers.
In my experience as a virgin customer (and blueyonder and telewest before that)they have been pretty consistent in terms of speed and quality of service . Their customer care dept leaves a little to be desired, buy on the whole they provide a decent service. Their speeds are mostly what they quote (if you're on cable) and their free newsgroups service is pretty reasonable too.
Thanks given by:
I've got BB & phone with virgin. (just finishing a half price offer with sky for tv!) Do I have to have had my virgin contract for over 12 months before I can ask for this 'mates rates' offer? (thinks i've had it over 1 year anyway but thought i'd check)

regards . . . .
Thanks given by:
Right think I should update this thread seen as I've been getting a few one post wonders asking for the deal.

This is only available to valid contributing members to the site and is at my discretion as at the end of the day, you are being vouched for by me. The term "mates rates" doesn't mean "free for all", at least hold a conversation with a few people here before asking to be signed up. All too easy to google a Virgin offer, sign up and ask for it.

This has been arranged as my part in giving something to the community, not to everyone that wants it.

Sorry, sounds like a rant, and I guess it kind of is. Ach well.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think that's fair enough Chris. It's very good of you to be offering this but I guess it needs to be reiterated that it's for members for the community, not for people who think they can sign up and take advantage of it without offering any format of contribution.
Thanks given by:
I was biting my tongue Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:I was biting my tongue Tongue

First fuckin time ever lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thats hell of a deal, i think our sky bill is near 80 a month and our phone and broadband are separate :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I am with virgin and love it, guys if you are a member and contribute, and you want to get virgin do it.

I am on the 120mb broadband and tv and phone, and have had little to no issues with the service.

I do need to look at upgrading to the TiVo box though. Last time they offered me the upgrade for free, but it's a little more extra a month and with no job it's hard to warrant the upgrade with no income.

Soon I might have to downgrade if my job front does not change.
Thanks given by:
Any chance of internet only deals? Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm agree with Pompey306Mark, been with Virginmedia since they took over from NTL and haven't had any snags. Been on cable (never Sky) since NYNEX, so mid 90's.
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eurocar parts offer daddyfixit 0 998 26-05-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: daddyfixit
  2017 New Car Tax Rates Herby7 12 5,174 05-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  offer pugmanxud 12 2,787 07-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Last Post: pugmanxud