Delete
Thanks given by:
Yeah they all do pretty well if you lift off mid corner

LOOS <3
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Delete
Thanks given by:
If you go round a corner smoothly and then turn the steering wheel suddenly a bit harder you can get the back to come out a bit more. its to do with the trailing arms passively steering. And then probably a ruined beam on top of that!
Thanks given by:
Delete
Thanks given by:
not any more i sorted mine Smile
the top engine mount cradle was broken i welded it up and chocked the top mount from moving too

used to step off the gas and the back end would go light and try to overtake the front scary!
Thanks given by:
Delete
Thanks given by:
[attachment=12769]

[attachment=12770]
Thanks given by:
Usual culprits are sticking rear brakes and worn out rear tyres. These are the only things which have caused oversteer for me, other than my accelerator interaction.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Are the beam mounts good? They can cause unpredictable turn in if they've collapsed.

Torsion bar snap back is also a problem with these cars
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2014, 11:18 PM)Wolverine1091 Wrote: Find my back end lets go quite often Dodgy

That can happen with age.

I'll get my coat.
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 08:21 AM)Scott Wrote:
(15-01-2014, 11:18 PM)Wolverine1091 Wrote: Find my back end lets go quite often Dodgy

That can happen with age.

I'll get my coat.

Please do.

When I had this it was knackered trailing arm bearings, there was actual play in the trailing arm Nospeak
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Just get on with it. It makes for a more interesting drive lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I had solid rear mounts on my previous car. Loved every minute of them. You've gotta 'adjust' your driving style slightly, but definitely an improvement. But thats just me. Not everybody's cuppa tea Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
If your not lifting off the throttle mid corner and its sliding out then something is very wrong as the cars are biased towards understeer.
Thanks given by:
Got Chinese Linglong budget tyres on the back? Such things are utterly dreadful in cold, wet conditions like we have now and yet still people fit them because they're a few quid cheaper than something reputable.

Assuming you've sensible rubber all round then I'd be checking the condition of the beam, the mounts and suspension componants very carefully - 306's will lift off oversteer to a mild degree, but certainly shouldn't be sliding around in normal daily driving in an unpredictable and unprovoked manner.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
If its cheap rubber boots on the back...that would do it

My old ph1 would act like a rwd hooligan on wet roundabouts with cheap yingyangs on
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 12:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: If its cheap rubber boots on the back...that would do it

My old ph1 would act like a rwd hooligan on wet roundabouts with cheap yingyangs on

Now imagine how I felt in the rain, with solid rear mounts and Spec II's lmao

Life threatening combination!

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
So youre telling me... that my car spearing off in a random direction whilst going in a straight line... being unpredictable in corners... isnt normal? D:

I think there may be something wrong with my car....

Seriously on a left bend it can massively spear off left more than i predicted. But it doesnt do it going right D:
Thanks given by:
Passive rear steering
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 01:52 PM)SRowell Wrote: Seriously on a left bend it can massively spear off left more than i predicted. But it doesnt do it going right D:

Ovalled front hub or loose pinch bolt will do just that - best way I can describe it is an unpredictable lurch mid-corner after you've turned in just unsettles the car, just like you've suddenly added quarter of a turn of steering lock.

Probably the drivers side hub if it does it on left hand bends.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
meridian spec front suspension? that'll have an effect.

EDIT: bloody mini northern pikey forgetting to log out!! This was samss, not little Jonny
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Im genuinely surprised you chose to state that Sam, rather than troll the hell outta him lol

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I have a hdi dturbo and if I give that some stick on a long tight bend I can feel the back end stepping out
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 02:11 PM)Grant Wrote: Im genuinely surprised you chose to state that Sam, rather than troll the hell outta him lol

well, I was tempted to do another "I'm coming out of the closet" thread again, but i was stumped for originality lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
Delete
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2014, 01:58 PM)powerandtorque Wrote:
(16-01-2014, 01:52 PM)SRowell Wrote: Seriously on a left bend it can massively spear off left more than i predicted. But it doesnt do it going right D:

Ovalled front hub or loose pinch bolt will do just that - best way I can describe it is an unpredictable lurch mid-corner after you've turned in just unsettles the car, just like you've suddenly added quarter of a turn of steering lock.

Probably the drivers side hub if it does it on left hand bends.

sounds exactly like the problem i have :/ Im sure Niall and Grant will find something obvious!
Thanks given by:
I just get lift off oversteer and a lot of it but then again my hdi is really low
Thanks given by:
I've heard lowering does exaggerate it
Thanks given by:
Continental whats? If they're eco tyres then they certainly won't help, but if you've got something similar on the front then start looking elsewhere for the root of the issue. I'd suspect something knackered on the rear beam is the culprit.

Sam, get someone capable to look at your car sharpish, if you've noticed actually an issue by yourself then it's probably about to explode in a ball of flames.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: