another bloody wiper question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another bloody wiper question
My wifes wipers have started playing up on her 1.6 LX (2000) the auto hasn't worked for a while now(but I wasn't that bothered) they don't return properly and when you switch them off, they just stop and the other day they just wouldn't work at all. I swapped the stalk over with my car as I knew it worked and hers started working but still no auto and still not parking, but mine work fine with her stalk ? I've read about various relays on here or should I just swap the wiper motor? please help, her moaning is doing my nut!Doh
Many thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
Swap the motor or service the tracks and electrical contacts inside the motor gearing and it may fix it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'd give the motor a service first, doesn't cost anything other than a bit of manual labour on your behalf. If that doesn't work, try swapping for a known working motor. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2014, 01:12 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I'd give the motor a service first, doesn't cost anything other than a bit of manual labour on your behalf. If that doesn't work, try swapping for a known working motor. Smile

and hope it works . . .:/
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Cheers, I've just picked up a working used one for 25 quid so I'll give that a quick clean up and swap 'em over
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bloody low speed fan (or lack of...) Chr1sch 5 1,229 07-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Last Post: C2K
  Rear wiper & MOT question PartyJas 4 1,249 13-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: PartyJas