The wee 106 beasty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wee 106 beasty
wOOO, nadwagon powaaaaa! Tongue

I got mine for free off my uncle with a lot of work for mot needing. all sorted, taxed tested and insured for less than the cost of my '6 insurance! As I'd already budgeted on that, any fuel saving from here on in is a bonus lol

What's the best mpg you've had out of it so far? I managed 58mpg the other day Tongue This tank has been significantly less, mostly because I've been starting it, then going back in the house for 15mins to have breakfast etc, cause the heaters so shit you have to give it a headstart at warming the damn cabin up! lol
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
They're great aren't they! And actually, not as slow as you might expect...

Ha nice, you managed to get an even better deal than i did! I'm half-tempted to fix the beam as well, cos that plus a little tlc and she'd be pretty top-notch tbh.

Seems i got 63mpg out of the first lot i put in there, but could have been a bit left over from before. Do these have a fuel-warning light? Was happily running it down when it suddenly occurred to me they might not have a light, so bottled it and filled up lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
So tempted to get one as a daily if I get a '6 or a VR6, my dad had a 1.5D van and got 40 mpg round town loaded up!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:I've been starting it, then going back in the house for 15mins to have breakfast etc, cause the heaters so shit you have to give it a headstart at warming the damn cabin up! lol

Put a jacket on or MTFU lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
@ Poodle; they have a 50l tank, but you'd be well advised not to push it far beyond 45l.
Mine does have a light; goes off if you go down-hill or corner hard right. Cornering left has the opposite effect.
I'm also pretty sure mines been owned by a really fat person at some point; the drivers side front is lower than the passanger. Never upset the handling ninja but it's there...

and shit 63mpg, were you doing a deliberate economy run? See the problem is I a. rev the tits off it, b. change gear hard enough to pull the gearbox into the boot, and c. make it my mission to overtake *literally* everything on the road. It's so lolworthy; I know my commute so well now I end up overtaking some seriously expensive metal. I got a supercharged Jag the other day Tongue

But yeah, as a result, my economy isn't maybe as good as it could be... if i was a bit more mature...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed some people have genuinely had 75mpg out of these on motorway runs.

Boys if your having issues with the heaters id cable tie a plastic board in front of your rad to stop the air flow
Thanks given by:
pmsl, seconded connor!

Nope, i don't really hammer her yet cos of the wheel bearing, but i don't hold back on the revs either. I do have a 15 minute chunk of motorway/a-road on the way to work though (with 5 mins either side for engine-warming/cooling time, ideal! lol). Got a feeling the injectors aren't exactly in great condition, get random surges when she's cold. Will whip it all off and have a look when i get a day spare. Am i right in thinking that sticking some two-stroke oil in these smooths it out a bit..?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The 2-stroke thing works for all old IDI diesels, XUD engines love it, can't see it hurting a TUD...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Ha ha my 106 1.5 that I ran last winter was a legend it never failed to get anywhere in the thickest of snow and ran for ever on a tenner!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Awesome, gonna get me some two-stroke.

It's looking to keep it's mad mpg, put £30 in t'other day and it's done 100 miles and nearly showing half-full! Big Grin
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: