FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted
This is running more boost than mine (IIRC) and probably/most defianately pull more torque too....got to be just over the 200 mark. Only benefit I have (i suppose) is that the turbo is bolted right on to the head...though once yours it up and swinging, it should produce the power. Take that air filter off before hand! Smile

So...

210hp & 270lbft
Thanks given by:
This looks great. Making me want a dturbo to play with even more D:
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 04:18 PM)SRowell Wrote: This looks great. Making me want a dturbo to play with even more D:

Thanks she's getting there slowly hope the bhp is up were I want it prob is when you get used to it and then you want more boost lol

(23-07-2014, 02:36 PM)mr_fish Wrote: This is running more boost than mine (IIRC) and probably/most defianately pull more torque too....got to be just over the 200 mark. Only benefit I have (i suppose) is that the turbo is bolted right on to the head...though once yours it up and swinging, it should produce the power. Take that air filter off before hand! Smile

So...

210hp & 270lbft

I would love it to be up there mark would need some time alone if it was that high lol
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Mike let me have a drive of this back along.

Can say it definitely pulls, may have the slightest bit of lag due to the g/box mount but nothing to worry about. When its on song she pulls well.

The 11mm needs feeding in though else you have a fog situation behind lol

Hopefully it will go on the dyno soon so we can see some power figures. But would say it's pulling harder than mine.

Also it's very smooth at pulling, unlike mine which is loud and rattly.
Thanks given by:
Well it happened yesterday got it on the rollers was hoping for more but my boost controller making my turbo surge you can hear it in the vids but not to bad for my first attempt at a boosted fast xud on the road she pulls like a train so I am fairly happy was hoping for more but we always do lol here is my graph see what every one thinks

[Image: D8B33E34-4787-4E56-99F9-1892FBE37A63_zpsj89qhiig.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Still making power at 5k lol
Not bad first shot. Maybe find a different way of controlling the vanes??
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gotta be more in that surely buddy??? Epic turbo, epic build
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yep I know was hoping for somet like mr fish same turbo so will ave a look into what's up only thing I can think of is my mbc is making my turbo seam to sure will try and get a vid up soon As so you can hear what it does the boost gauge bounces bit odd

Thanks given by:
Bit of playing round and sorting the boost control issue and hopefully be around 200bhp mark.

It was coaling like a beaut on the rollers
Thanks given by:
This very well for the first time.
Courage and see if you improve that mark soon!
Thanks given by:
Very good mate, it might not be as much power as some others but just remember that it's still pretty close on double stock power from an engine thats nearly 20 years old.
Thanks given by:
Surely it makes power over 5k? In which case the graph would be wrong?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Doesn't sound like enough .. ?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Its a solid figure to be fair. But a lot less than I would have thought when td04s are making similar/more power. But the shape of that graph shows something aint right to me, I aint no expert but sure someone who is can tell us whats not right by just looking at it!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The fly figure seems to be pretty high relative to the wheel figure, for example our HDi S2 ran 134.4 ATW and 155 ATF... Yours is 137 ATW and 175 ATF.. Sure ruan will be along to explain
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah the tranny losses are pretty high...
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
To be fair, that's a cracking curve... However probably slightly unrealistic as to how it really is on the road, remember dynos will falsely load the car - you can change the curve by simply altering the dyno load!

Remember guys, the torque figure on variable geometry turbos is wildly adjustable - the peak figure generally isn't, that 220lb.ft just indicates that the vane stop screw isn't very far in, currently it won't spool up that fast, but won't produce high exhaust manifold pressures. Again, the dyno load will affect how the turbo spools... I wouldn't be surprised if you turned down the dyno load, it'd make another 20lb.ft less!

If you screwed in the vane stop it'd spool up much faster, I reckon would give you around a 250lb.ft torque figure. To me that graph looks pretty bob on, though from the looks of the curve, your actuator line might be a bit long, you get a spike as the vanes open up - try making the hoses from the take off point to the actuator as short as possible, this is also affected by boost pipework since it takes a fraction of a second for everything to fill before the actuator actually sees the pressure and adjusts the vanes accordingly, it'll overshoot and undershoot as you can see in the graph.

Don't get hung up on torque figures, it's the 175hp figure that's good in my eyes, also the fact it's a great curve that finishes at 5200rpm with you still making 175hp! It's not often you see one of those! The torque figure can be adjusted with simple turns of screws, but be aware that you may end up feeling like you prefer the lower torque figure so it doesn't feel pointless in revving the engine to 5k, if you massively screwed in the stop, you'd find it comes on harder and faster, but will feel worse at the top end - that's a personal preference thing.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Video Time!

...from Saturday, Mike stuck his coaling wagon on the rollers.

Absolute Chronic Coal out the shed ‘exhaust’ (we said don’t shut the doors)

Can hear from the video the MBC having a fit, I haven’t looked too close at it but there is a mini issue there. Still pulls like a stabbed rat on speed.

Thanks given by:
Load is deffo not an issue, that dyno is running a really good load ramp to be fair, much better than most places....

Id say thats a good run, seems a bit smokey / un happy, is your intake / exhaust nice and free still Mike? What boost is she blowing down the intake? might also benifit from a tad more timing listening to it...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2014, 11:31 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Load is deffo not an issue, that dyno is running a really good load ramp to be fair, much better than most places....

Id say thats a good run, seems a bit smokey / un happy, is your intake / exhaust nice and free still Mike? What boost is she blowing down the intake? might also benifit from a tad more timing listening to it...

Thanks for all the comments not really sure what's up with it goes well on the road it's running bout 25psi haven't a looked at the vanes yet to see if they are clean only prob I have is the fuel is turned down lots and still smokey may play with timing a bit see what happens

Thanks given by:
Fair coal that, would have thought that turbo should blow fairly clean with lots of fuel
Thanks given by:
Yeah dosnt sound / look happy, its either struggling for air / retarded / struggling to get air out, Predict a fair hike if you find what...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2014, 05:38 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Yeah dosnt sound / look happy, its either struggling for air / retarded / struggling to get air out, Predict a fair hike if you find what...

Yep hoping to have a play soon and see what's going on few bits In mind that I can change / adjust and get the power up

(11-08-2014, 05:22 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Fair coal that, would have thought that turbo should blow fairly clean with lots of fuel

That's my thort as well james coaling people is fun but this thing smokes on a different level lol

Thanks given by:
That curve is beautiful!

Nice results for the first try, always nice to go home and know where to improve Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I do miss my old phase1, sometimes I do think I should step a way from the rover scene and get on the act of 306 tuning!
Thanks given by:
any recent ideas of what you will be doing next mikey b? havnt seen her for a while! Wink
Thanks given by:
Haven't really done much to this for a while just been driving it lots and it seams to be getting better still need to play with vnt control a bit but I thort I would try it on 15s for a bit needs so good tyres cus traction is a bit of an issue lol

[Image: 8C616588-2694-4200-A97B-AC2059BB11AF_zps72uvu3d0.jpg]

Thanks given by:
I really like it on silver wheels tbh, suits it well
Glad its still pulling well with no real issues most with td04s have thrown a rod by now Wink
Thanks given by:
Need to lower the front a bit now 

Thanks given by:
Does look good on them wheels mike. But as you say you do need to lower the front a bit more
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gearbox mounted turbo - manifold darrencurry0808 0 1,332 22-01-2020, 08:57 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
Thumbs Up Ph1 Estate. Gearbox mounted vnt ash23 439 145,502 24-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Last Post: welshpug
  Sigma 96 phase 1 306 gti 6 SKoob 76 27,215 10-02-2015, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Frosty