Sigma 96 phase 1 306 gti 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 96 phase 1 306 gti 6
Been after a ph1 gti 6 for ages and when Ryan's cropped up for sale and being local and low milage I had to buy it Cool

So here she is

[Image: ubynevu8.jpg]

[Image: zu2ege7y.jpg]

[Image: ydu2u7ur.jpg]

[Image: anubutu8.jpg]

Needed bottom engine mount replaced, which I sorted yesterday, replaced it with a power flex bush.

It needs the catalytic converter replaced as it snapped, got the old 1 off and managed to round off one of the exhaust bolts from the manifold to down pipe Sad Had to dremel it off in the end. Just waiting for the spare cat from Ryan and a fitting kit from pug and it'll be back on the road Big Grin

Next job is to sort out the drivers window then start swapping over the rest of the poly bushes and coilovers from the d turbo
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
OMG he actually got round to selling it.

Hope you do the car proud and glad its gone to someone on here Smile

Were abouts in Wiltshire are you?
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Sigma GTI friend Smile. Got mine a month ago any other plans for yours? I need to get some more pictures up of mine.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Yep he sold it Smile I'm near Chippenham. Plans are to sort out window, sort exhaust out, get cooling fans working then swap tyres, coilover suspension, poly bushes and panel filter from my d turbo and give it a good clean oh and pump it full of waxoyl.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
He really let that thing go, such a shed , shame really. hope you can sort it out ThumbsUp

PS. im only in calne so drop us a Pm if you fancy poping round for a cuppa & a natter or a meet some where

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Nothing a bit of spannering can't fix. Will be a great car once that lot is sorted. Yeah ok mate, once I've got it usable again I may well do that. Really itching to drive it but can't till I've got the exhaust sorted Sad
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Went to pug at lunch and ordered a bits and bobs, nothing in stock as per usual Rolleyes ordered:
exhaust fitting kit
arch trim clips for when I tackle cooling fan bitron unit
nylock nuts for hub pinch bolt and rear shock bolts
weather proof lining for inside door (not cheap Sad)
window regulator clip

Also ordered a Hoffman sports cat Sleepy off Ebay, hope to get some of that lot fitted Wednesday after work then can use it again Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2013, 06:43 PM)puglove Wrote: He really let that thing go, such a shed , shame really. hope you can sort it out ThumbsUp

PS. im only in calne so drop us a Pm if you fancy poping round for a cuppa & a natter or a meet some where

Gay.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What you moaning about now you old git??? just weljel IMO

Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 06:57 PM)kingy Wrote:
(11-08-2013, 06:43 PM)puglove Wrote: He really let that thing go, such a shed , shame really. hope you can sort it out ThumbsUp

Gay.

Just jealous Tongue
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
You never invite me for a cuppa.
Thanks given by:
Your welcome any time Smile may be an expensive drink for you to come here though !
138 BHP XSI
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 07:12 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: Your welcome any time Smile may be an expensive drink for you to come here though !

Might take ya up on that one.
Thanks given by:
whats she said^

Thanks given by:
(12-08-2013, 07:31 PM)puglove Wrote: whats she said^

Arrrh bless. You can fit the arb while im their lol.
Thanks given by:
yay :/

Thanks given by:
The sports cat arrived today and picked up the bits from pug. Fitted the exhaust and swapped the clones to the lasers from the dturbo till I can get some decent tyres. No pics as got dark, but will get some up tomorrow. I have decided I hate the exhaust though as its just too loud Sad would happily swap for a standard GTi6 exhaust Smile Didn't manage to get the clip for the window on drivers door as pug couldn't work out what I needed from service box so that's still to sort out. Anyone got any tips on how to tackle this?
Thanks given by:
Jay-puglove had done a few window regulators...may be worth while taking some photos as the clips, if its the one im thinking they are different in different phases.

Hes on facebook-let me know if you want a linky Smile
138 BHP XSI
Thanks given by:
I don't have a face ache account I'm afraid, I'll have a look at my d turbos setup and go from there. lol

I've been trying to work out how to trace the issue with the cooling fans. Every search I've done points to a brown sensor on the stat housing which mine doesn't have, only sensor I can see for the fans is in the radiator. Would unplugging this make the fans kick in if they have power and the relays are ok?
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
yes it would.

speak to frosty he had exactly the same problem on his s16. think he resolved it now.

i assume it still has tje stop light issue along with the fans not working?

Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 07:44 AM)SKoob Wrote: I don't have a face ache account I'm afraid, I'll have a look at my d turbos setup and go from there. lol

I've been trying to work out how to trace the issue with the cooling fans. Every search I've done points to a brown sensor on the stat housing which mine doesn't have, only sensor I can see for the fans is in the radiator. Would unplugging this make the fans kick in if they have power and the relays are ok?

If you unplug the sensor on the radiator and bridge the 2 conections and with a bit of wire on the plug then the fans should kick in if the sensor is faulty.
Thanks given by:
Not got a stop light issue, although could be a blown bulb or its been removed lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
The stop light should come on when you switch the ignition on to tell if its working
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought so, I'll have to check it out, haven't really paid much attention to it lol
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Got paid today so ordered a shiz load of stuff which should be delivered in time for the bank holiday weekend Confused ordered:
New nissen alloy rad
Fan switch sensor in rad
Coolant
Thermostat
5.1 brake fluid ready for swapping to braided hoses
Bottom ball joints ready for swapping to poly bushed arms
Exhaust clamps ready for fitment of a OEM exhaust if all goes well Sleepy
Alpine sxe components as my OEM speakers are shagged
Stalk loom for my Sony head unit

Think that should keep me busy for the weekend Cool
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Got back from a week away in sunny Yorkshire (it actually was for most of it surprisingly) on Friday so got cracking. First job was to replace the exhaust with a standard 1 I picked up from JP

[Image: adanubuv.jpg]

No more blowy exhaust and its so much quieter Cool can hear the lovely induction noise now. Next I due wipered the rear, fitted xsara mist jets and normal wiper blades

[Image: y9ygy6e9.jpg]

[Image: dynarata.jpg]

That was Friday done as some of the parts hadn't turned up and it started getting dark. So Saturday got up early and started swapping the polybushed items swapped from the d turbo. First I tackled the rear beam mounts which are nearly new and have the tensioning kit fitted, first pic is the underside of the d turbo btw.

[Image: e9yhy6y8.jpg]

[Image: era3ymen.jpg]

[Image: ymupu5em.jpg]

Then fitted the bump stops

[Image: 6ypynyjy.jpg]

Then went to get some new tyres on the clones so I could refit them, whilst at the tyre place I decided to have a good look at the brakes, suspension etc.. at the front. Discovered this lovely surprise

[Image: a2uje7us.jpg]

[Image: te9eqy6u.jpg]

Angry wtf how can someone do that to a brake pipe, that's proper dangerous and it was nearly split. Got tyres fitted got home and made a start on the front wishbones and swapping brake pipes to braided from my d turbo. Here's how she looked on 4 clones before I got cracking

[Image: 4usa5e4a.jpg]

[Image: e8u6aze8.jpg]

[Image: qagumasa.jpg]

Cool got drivers side wishbone done along with new lemforder bottom ball joints and updated polybush

[Image: a8u9amug.jpg]

Took a fair while to get the brake pipe done as the steel lines union rounded off even when cleaned up and with a proper stout brake pipe spanner, had to resort to mole grips and may get a pipe made depending on if it leaks. Called it day after that and went for a few beers and all you can eat Chinese Smile

Today's jobs are finish swapping brake pipes, passenger wishbone, replace rad, fan switch and thermostat.
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
Coming along nicely mate. It looks like a really tidy example!!
Thanks given by:
how did you find that updated front polybush?
fitted a dream on mine. 100 times better!

how did you get the rear bump stops to fit? Mine seem oversized by quite a few mm!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Epic bit of brake caliper fitting there by ryan.......... kid really should be aloud to use tools on a car without adult supervision lmao

Thanks given by:
well...no, SHOULD NOT...not should!!! lmao

..good chance to go braided, theres some in for sale section came up today I think.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up FCS prep phase win sigma gearbox mounted mikey b 199 53,994 03-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: puglove
  My Phase 1 Sigma D Turbo. ADV_93 14 6,413 27-11-2014, 09:14 PM
Last Post: ADV_93
  Phase 1 Sigma GTi6 Project c.gerrard 75 19,084 04-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Last Post: c.gerrard