RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6
I hope so. I've heard really good things about the sound these systems make!
Gasket on the way, need to give it a polish up as well.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Ah you got one finally Big Grin i have always run mongoose and the noise is immense (on Mk1 Renault Clios anyway) Big Grin
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Nice car you've got there Smile I miss the noise of my old '6.

My Mongoose wasn't raspy at all though, it was very deep and just sounded awesome. Get it on!
Thanks given by:
It will be going on soon...just the small matter of my final thesis to hand in first . lmao
Should have more updates on the way once this torment is over...

Thanks for the comments. Smile
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I've been doing a bit of polishing this evening.

Before:

[Image: 4rbyvs.jpg]

[Image: 1z3m6ap.jpg]

[Image: eiv1xi.jpg]

During:

[Image: 2u8lco8.jpg]

After:

[Image: 28w080.jpg]

[Image: 359h89s.jpg]

[Image: faylo8.jpg]

[Image: j6hk7r.jpg]

I'm pleased with how it came out. I've de-rusted the bolts as well...I think I'll leave the centre-section to another evening. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
That looks awesome Smile good work.
Thanks given by:
Cleaned by hand or machine, a tidy job mate Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys.
By hand, with microfibre cloths, autosol and some fine wire wool for very stubborn bits.
It took a while. lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
damn,thats shiney. more patience then i would have had!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
To be honest it only took an hour and a half or so I think...I'm not actually sure I lost track of time!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2014, 09:54 AM)RetroPug Wrote: To be honest it only took an hour and a half or so I think...I'm not actually sure I lost track of time!

It looks brand new again. Undecided such a massive difference.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks, can't wait to get the centre-section done as well, and get it on the car!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Good man, done a great job with that, as said above i would of gave up lol. Good to see you had Hendrix watching Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha yes got a little record collection there. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Well, as I've pretty much finished my final thesis bar re-reading and formatting some more, and the weather was absolutely gorgeous outside:

[Image: 11ahox3.jpg]

I decided that the best use of my time would be to stay inside polishing the centre-section to match the backbox all morning... lmao

Before:

[Image: 2ih1cuo.jpg]

After:

[Image: fkxmyq.jpg]

Still a bit of tarnishing on the sleeve that goes over the cat but it was really difficult to get off and I've injured my thumb boxing and it was really starting to hurt after all this. You'll see in the before picture it is pretty much black.

Pretty happy with it though!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome. Shame it's going under the car!
Thanks given by:
Damn that good work

Did mine but realised how much work was involved and stopped :lol

I'm slowly doing the cylinder head and manifold with autosol and fine sandpaper but it's taking awhile.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Yeah I think I'll be painting the inlet manifold, not going to polish that...especially as it isn't smooth.
The exhaust wasn't too bad really just tarnised and dirty. I could have done with some tar remover but I don't have any. I'll maybe remove the remaining, stubborn tar spots with some next time I'm under the car with it fitted.

(13-04-2014, 12:00 PM)Curt Wrote: Looks awesome. Shame it's going under the car!
Tempted to hang it up on the wall lmao

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Whys it not fitted yet? :O Only need to park on a curb to get under there :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(13-04-2014, 03:26 PM)Tom Wrote: Whys it not fitted yet? :O Only need to park on a curb to get under there :p
Because the final year of an engineering degree and free time don't exactly go hand-in-hand. lmao

It will be fitted soon though.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Finally got around to fitting my shiny exhaust, plus a couple of other little bits I painted up, which looked very out of place compared to the rest of the underside...it'll all get done this summer I think. Big Grin

[Image: 4tne2u.jpg]

[Image: e9uu6h.jpg]

I also managed to snap a couple of mounting studs for the heatshield. As the backbox hangs pretty low, away from everything it won't be a problem, and I'm aware that lots of others who run stainless zorsts don't run them either.

The tailpipe looked huge off the car but it looks pretty spot-on on the car I think:

[Image: 2ujs8s2.jpg]

[Image: a179t3.jpg]

[Image: akx26f.jpg]

No video yet. It's excessively loud because I left my exhaust paste at home and the join at the end of my cat is really flakey with a little hole in it. Will rectify this with gun gum soon!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looking good dude :-)

Snapped the studs off on my heatshields too removing it yesterday :-\

Been debating whether it's worth drilling the holes out again and reattaching it with some normal bolts
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I have a spare heatshield that I was going to re-rust and refurb and paint it all up. I think if you've got a really nice silver one it is worth getting it back on, I suppose I'd like to eventually if I do do the underside. I knew they might snap so did it really gently and slowly and two still did anyway. lmao

Thanks!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Spent some time yesterday sealing the exhaust properly (my cat join is getting pretty flaky!) and modifying an exhaust strap from halfords to fit the third mounting for the mongoose backbox as one hangar on it is a bit far away to use a rubber exhaust mount.

Spent a bit of time this morning trying to find my sunroof drain pipe blockage with no luck, so put the car back together, washed it, hoovered the inside and dressed the plastics in there, and used plasticare trim dye to restore the plastic trim on the outside which really was letting the car down. It's made a huge difference and now the plastic looks nearly new.

It's still being let down by the rusty tow hook and rusty number plate bolts, but at least it is nice and shiny!

[Image: 1445gn9.jpg]

[Image: 2mqvvv8.jpg]

[Image: 3097vh4.jpg]

[Image: 2d9a2ae.jpg]

[Image: 2m4q3w0.jpg]

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I like it! Looks great Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thank you. Smile

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
looks nice when polished Wink
Thanks given by:
Thanks!
Going back down the M40 to Oxford tomorrow so that'll be a good test of the exhaust...I'm sure it'll be less shiny again in no time as well!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Exhaust looks great along with the rest of the car Big Grin

You running the exhaust as just cat back or do run a decat?

Any boom at 3k ?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2014, 04:54 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Looking good dude :-)

Snapped the studs off on my heatshields too removing it yesterday :-\

Been debating whether it's worth drilling the holes out again and reattaching it with some normal bolts

Who snapped the studs off? Tongue My bad!

(19-04-2014, 08:55 AM)RetroPug Wrote: I have a spare heatshield that I was going to re-rust and refurb and paint it all up. I think if you've got a really nice silver one it is worth getting it back on, I suppose I'd like to eventually if I do do the underside. I knew they might snap so did it really gently and slowly and two still did anyway. lmao

Thanks!

I managed to snap a couple of studs on Zakks '6 over the weekend, most annoying thing ever but they always do it.

The diablo is looking very very nice now though Smile especially witht he 'goose poking out the back Tongue
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: