RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RetroPug's Ph.1 Diablo Gti-6
I'Ve have this Ph.1 for about a month and a half, it's got 53k on the clocks.

It's got a lot of potential, but it does actually need a fair bit of TLC which I've started to give it, beginning with a wash, dressing all of the plastics, osram nightbreaker plus bulbs and xsara mist washer jets which really are a big improvement. The indicator plastic is missing as it was a bit loose and they are both full of algae so will be getting the other one off to remove it on that side as well.

There are lots of other things that need doing, such as fixing the leaky roof and leaky rear lights. Fortunately I managed to source a pair of mint, barely used rear lights that had been dry stored since the mid 90s for 2.99!
[Image: 20usi88.jpg]
[Image: xcswmx.jpg]
[Image: 2nizi47.jpg]
[Image: 2lcwsr4.jpg]
An ecosystem that had developed each indicator:
[Image: 5v511w.jpg]

In the meantime, I've begun taking apart the Ph.2, shown here at the ring:
[Image: hrbwbk.jpg]

Inlet Manifold removed:
[Image: 23ur6sg.jpg]
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looks very nice mate can't beat a ph1 Gti (I'm biased as I have a sigma ph1 gti) Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 08:07 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: Looks very nice mate can't beat a ph1 Gti (I'm biased as I have a sigma ph1 gti) Smile
Thanks, this is my 2nd ph.1, no prizes for guessing which colour the other one was... Itwasntme
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looks like a clean example you got there! Really low mileage as well which is a bonus.

If your after some new front indictors there about £16 for a pair posted off of ebay
Thanks given by:
The fronts of the indicators aren't held on that well with the factory glue so I'm pulling them off, cleaning them, and re-bonding them on. Got one side off by accident!

Unfortunately in the long term I can only really keep one of them, so I'll fix the Ph.1 up and either keep it or repair the Ph.2 and sell the Ph.1 to someone who'll treasure it!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Ph1 love!!

You can buy those indicators new for about £6 a piece Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
your phase1 reminds me of my phase 1 Dturbo
Thanks given by:
Just ordered a new indicator as the plastic on the other one shattered!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Going to crack on with this again in a couple of days.
I need a working Ph.1 clock for the centre console/dash if anyone's got one lying about?

Thinking of potentially bringing this to Ace either this month or the next, or maybe to the Bicester meet that's planned but I don't know anyone!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Well I haven't had much time for this, however I have fixed one indicator and replaced the other with a new one:
[Image: x29zys.jpg]

I've also cleaned the algae off of the lights:
[Image: 2daeohi.jpg]
[Image: 2qlr8cp.jpg]

Lovely.

While I was there, I discovered that I only have one engine fan, hmm...
[Image: 124g9yo.jpg]

I also did the lights yellow with amber indicators, not sure whether or not I like it in some lights it looks a nice shade of classic yellow, in others it looks a bit garish.
[Image: okcqw8.jpg]
[Image: 2uoi16w.jpg]
[Image: 4tul2r.jpg]

I was going to purchase some TD Pro Race 3s in white for this, but the insurance cost would be too high, not happy with Adrian Flux already. Undecided

I've got some white cibie covers for the fog lamps as well which may or may not go on.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Orange indicators yes! Yellow headlights not so much
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking smart! Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Orange indicators.. Win! Yellow fogs.. Win! Yellow headlights.. Hmmm!
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very tidy ph1 Smile Prefer the standard clear lenses though personally!
Thanks given by:
Yellow headlights are win! Only the most awesome of people have them Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2014, 05:30 PM)sam Wrote: Orange indicators yes! Yellow headlights not so much
(09-01-2014, 06:52 PM)Mike306 Wrote: Very tidy ph1 Smile Prefer the standard clear lenses though personally!
On one hand, I agree with both of you and like the orange indicators and yellow fogs...

(09-01-2014, 06:57 PM)Matt Wrote: Yellow headlights are win! Only the most awesome of people have them Wink
but on the other hand I also agree with this.
Itwasntme

Might remove it from just the headlights, I've heard a few people having trouble with the rozzers because of them despite being allowed to emit yellow coloured light. Plus it is weird driving at night with everything bathed in yellow.

One indicator is going twice as fast as normal now, will investigate why soon.

Next few things on the list include getting an aerial base seal from Peugeot to fix the roof and fitting my HU once the stalk adaptor arrives.

Thanks for the comments!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Man I need a ph1 gti6 in my life again :-(
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
This is my 2nd Diablo Ph.1 lol
My pictures have broken...will fix soon

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looking good. Not to sure on the yellow lights myself though
Thanks given by:
Yeah me neither, it might be a bit much really.
Cheers!

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Not really a fan of the yellow headlights or the indactors but each to there own.
Thanks given by:
You got twin optic lights?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I believe so. Twin optics are those which have a separate bulb for High beams and the dipped beam is an H7 bulb aren't they?
They're certainly not too terrible with osram nightbreaker plus bulbs in which sounds about right for the twin optics.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
My autoleads cables came so fitted my HU and got it to work with the stalk adaptor etc:
[Image: 29xunb4.jpg]
Has a connector for an ipod and a usb in the top glove box, the cable allows full ipod control via the HU which should be nice. This I haven't tested yet but the USB input works as does the radio etc.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Looks nice that
Thanks given by:
Thanks!
The HU really is great, full ipod control and works with the stalk etc.

Fitted aero wipers the other day.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Done a fair bit to this in the last couple of days.

The sound quality was improved but still very poor with the newer HU, especially the low frequencies, so I checked the speakers to find that they looked like this:
[Image: 2nth109.jpg]
I swapped the speakers for the Ph.2 speakers.
Much better:
[Image: 2444gvo.jpg]
This massively improved the sound quality up to a decent standard that I'm rather happy with.

I cured the hesitation at low revs by changing the ICV, changed the gearbox oil for the genuine peugeot stuff from Total, which has made the gear changes silky smooth, and my friend and I spent many hours wrestling the standard exhaust from my Ph.2 off and fitting it to this car, so now it purrs quitely and pulls much better without a holey exhaust. I also managed to bolt the driver's seat in properly as the one difficult bolt next to the centre console had not been bothered with by the previous owner, and fitted my pristine condition rear. new lights to replace the corroded and leaky old ones. Finally, I removed the yellow tint from the headlights and fitted my cibie fog lamp covers (crap pic in the dark):
[Image: 2qjgcye.jpg]

The car then went to Kwik Fit today to have brand new Uniroyal Rainsport 3s fitted, which felt great on the drive home!
[Image: 2s1p56g.jpg]

Next jobs on the list are an engine oil change, fixing the leaky aerial (peugeot dealer said they don't have seals so couldn't find one nor send me one so will investigate), and fixing the rev counter and hopefully the remote central locking as well by checking the loom and plug near the rad and making potential repairs.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Not a lot's happened, oil change, bit of hoovering in the interior, siliconed up the aerial base and have hopefully tackled some of the humidity issues in the car with some rechargeable dehumidifiers. One hidden/squeezed behind the headliner to catch the moisture that condenses on the cold roof and in the air around the sunroof before it enters the cabin and a large one in the cabin to generally cut down on the moisture in there.

How the car currently stands:

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Prefer the clean look of clear indies Im afraid...

Still a cracking car tho :-)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
15 seconds to pull it off if and when I decide to!
Might do as that tint film is crap and bubbling already. :/

Thanks though, planning on bringing it to the bicester meet!

Project Thread
Thanks given by: