Flatbed truck or trailer south wales

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flatbed truck or trailer south wales
In need transport 306 just after christmas a distance of around 20miles Shipley want to charge me 70quid. There's got to be a cheaper way. Newport area south wales
Thanks given by:
Realistically its not an unfair price, wages for the time to load it up and unload it as well as getting there and home, fuel, wear and tear on the truck and comission for shipley its not terrible

Is the car otherwise road legal? have you considered joining the AA and getting towed home (think youd need relay for a more than 10mile tow)
Thanks given by:
20miles aint all that far...late night tow?!

it will take longer to load and unload it that to drive the 20miles!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's currently declared sorn. But it will drive hasn't been used since september
Thanks given by:
Where abouts in newport and wheres it going? May be able to sort something out for ya im only in cwmbran
Thanks given by:
If you tow it on a solid bar it classed as a trailer but late night toe no one will c
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
It's in rogiet atm and it'll be going to abercarn I don't drive at the moment funding got low due to baby so this is my little project. It doesn't have to be moved till after Christmas Smile
Thanks given by:
Just buy a straight bar. I got mine from Screw-fix. Under £20 as well.
Thanks given by:
I would do that but then I don't know anybody with a tow bar lmao

Looking into things online you can't tow a vehicle on a straight bar unless its t&t as its classed as diving a motor vehicle Sad arghh sonmuch hassle
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 07:53 AM)mikey b Wrote: If you tow it on a solid bar it classed as a trailer but late night toe no one will c

Its not cos you still need a driver in the car to stop and steer. Only once its on an A frame is it classed as a trailer.
Thanks given by:
That's what I read
Thanks given by:
Have you tried to hire a trailer if you have somet to tow it with some places hire them out fairly cheap

(12-12-2013, 09:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 07:53 AM)mikey b Wrote: If you tow it on a solid bar it classed as a trailer but late night toe no one will c

Its not cos you still need a driver in the car to stop and steer. Only once its on an A frame is it classed as a trailer.

This is only what I was told by a cop once so that's wrong
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Put plates of an identical car on it...

I have never done this.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Lmfao identical plates seems like more hassle.
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2013, 07:10 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Where abouts in newport and wheres it going? May be able to sort something out for ya im only in cwmbran

What'd you reckon you can sort out ?
Thanks given by:
Haha on another note just had a quote off someone for £109. I swear some people are nuts. Were gonna risk it and drive the 24 miles haha
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trailer Questions tigerstyle 4 1,226 12-02-2017, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The weird 306 trailer is for sale Orta 12 3,460 10-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Just bought a truck!! Dum-Dum 77 22,591 04-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Last Post: puglove