Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 1.5Dturboooooooo
Go big or go home.

Piggy did point out that I should probably get a stat. So the cooler will be blocked off from air flow for now. Left myself a nice big area for a chunky intercooler too which I'll mount in a similar way in front of the rad.

pics:

[Image: 2iht6p2.jpg]

Got it mounted snug against the radiator for dem airflow efficiencies. everyone loves eBay

[Image: 35n0u9t.jpg]

Got my gauge installed too! It's genuine, I've got a whole heap of them. Oil pressure, boost pressure, water temp etc. Just oil temp for now. Not sure where I'm going to put the rest yet.

[Image: hsvvhx.jpg]
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
Just a wee update

I've chosen a turbo I'd like to fit, it's perfect for my target power output. I'm going to get a GT2052V, just china specials. I've had good experiences with cheap turbos so I'll stick with it. The compressor map is ideal.

So I'd be looking at about 140-150hp at 5000rpm and about 80hp mid way up the rev range. In theory this should be nice and progressive.

the GT15 is just out of puff on this engine, it'll get me to 135-140hp but it all happens in the mid range which I don't want - mid range boost is heavy on the rods, it's safer to apply high boost at high rpms.

ALSO I'm going to prep the car to allow it into Road Car sprints. Big Grin because my new car arrives in a few weeks and this leaves me with a "spare" car Big Grin

Going to swap out my Lucas DPC pump and fit a 9mm VE pump - this should supply enough fuel for 140hp as Sam has already f*cked about with it so happy days.

Any suggestions or ideas are welcome.
Thanks given by:
Oops

[Image: 2ag403d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well pictures tell many many words.

They also show wonky brackets, but that's fine.

Just needing to trim that top hose a little bit so it sits at the correct angle!

[Image: dxfmz9.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So here it is, in it's very first form!

Not quite getting enough fuel, the Lucas pump fuel screw won't go in any further so new fuel pump time!

Thanks given by:
Must say that is awesome! Like to see how well the engine lasts with the boost.

Thanks given by:
(05-03-2019, 06:31 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Must say that is awesome! Like to see how well the engine lasts with the boost.

It's been 3 days so far, so lasting longer than the turbo  Rofl
Thanks given by: