306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 106 1.5D TURBO!! (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Welcome to the thread of Turbo NAD, currently still a Slo-NAD with stuck inlet valves Tongue

Some of you may recognise this bit of kit:

[Image: Turbo1.jpg]

[Image: Turbo2.jpg]

[Image: Turbo3.jpg]

Bought from Sam last month, and picked up from Jonny in Kendal, because a 400 miles round trip was cheaper than postage! haha.

Here is the 106 that I shall be fitting it to:

[Image: 400782_10200148150401918_1340963873_n.jpg]

Here's the engine I won't be fitting it to:

[Image: 538847_3298431655053_1983098532_n.jpg]

Reason being, one month after I took this photo, the TUD5B decided to show me how a conrod breaks. So I've got a TUD5 from an M reg in it, only 160,000 on the current engine block. 130,000 on the shell.

That is all Smile
Image fail.

SOUNDS like it should be an epic little project, depending on what the top 3 pictures show. lol
What plans you got for the clutch?
How did you chuck a rod in a NAD???
Welcome nice to see you on here mate

Interested to see what is in the top pics
(11-12-2013, 10:36 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]Image fail.

SOUNDS like it should be an epic little project, depending on what the top 3 pictures show. lol

They all show for me, and show on my other PC too Tongue

(11-12-2013, 10:41 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]What plans you got for the clutch?

Not sure, might what a 106 GTi clutch on it, but I expect it to slip as well. It's the torque that kills them. I can see me ending up with a paddle on it.

(11-12-2013, 10:48 PM)strictly_perv Wrote: [ -> ]How did you chuck a rod in a NAD???

Just too much power Wink

I seized the engine 15,000 miles previously. it had been so long I thought I'd gotten away with not changing the big end bearings. Guess I was wrong.

Bent the crank and everything when it finally gave up, ruined the oil pump. rod was so bent I had to use a 4lb hammer to get the piston out of the bore.
106gti clutch will do fine
Haha awesome. I've just bought myself one of these, yes slowest car I've ever driven but the engine has got potential as it's very rev happy. I remember Samass taking me out in his Go-NAD and it was very quick.
(11-12-2013, 11:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]106gti clutch will do fine

I'm not so sure, we'll see what happens. I'm going to boost it until I bend a rod. Tongue

(12-12-2013, 07:18 AM)strictly_perv Wrote: [ -> ]Haha awesome. I've just bought myself one of these, yes slowest car I've ever driven but the engine has got potential as it's very rev happy. I remember Samass taking me out in his Go-NAD and it was very quick.

Yeah, peak power at 5000rpm, and the governer under load stops you dead on 4800-5000 so you can't even get peak hp!

I only ever saw videos of it driving fast Sad Sam had no rev counter though, I've got one of those Wink

The inlet mani was leaking helluva boost though, could have done much more with it.
Wonder what 30psi would be like in a nad... DO IT! lol
(12-12-2013, 09:15 PM)Dean Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder what 30psi would be like in a nad... DO IT! lol

Its epic! Sams old TNAD kept up with my 6 until about 50 lol
(12-12-2013, 09:17 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2013, 09:15 PM)Dean Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder what 30psi would be like in a nad... DO IT! lol

That was probably down to your driving skills though Tongue
(12-12-2013, 09:23 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2013, 09:17 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]

That was probably down to your driving skills though Tongue

Probably but regardless, it was still bloody quick for a 1.5 lol
Anyone know what the break pressure is for the injectors coupled to a Bosch VE pump is?
(12-12-2013, 06:28 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2013, 11:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]106gti clutch will do fine

I'm not so sure, we'll see what happens. I'm going to boost it until I bend a rod. Tongue

(12-12-2013, 07:18 AM)strictly_perv Wrote: [ -> ]Haha awesome. I've just bought myself one of these, yes slowest car I've ever driven but the engine has got potential as it's very rev happy. I remember Samass taking me out in his Go-NAD and it was very quick.

Yeah, peak power at 5000rpm, and the governer under load stops you dead on 4800-5000 so you can't even get peak hp!

I only ever saw videos of it driving fast Sad Sam had no rev counter though, I've got one of those Wink

The inlet mani was leaking helluva boost though, could have done much more with it.

Thats interesting info....... *runs off to gov mod my nad* Wink
(12-12-2013, 10:24 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know what the break pressure is for the injectors coupled to a Bosch VE pump is?

anyone? ^^^

Also, I've got a choice for head gaskets too for the TUD 5.

Now, There's a fibre head gasket or a multilayer steel one available. Which one do I go for? both appear to the the same thickness, but my thinking is the MLS gasket will be better for me boosting?
Mel's gasket even on a standard engine fibre ones are shite
(15-12-2013, 03:01 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Mel's gasket even on a standard engine fibre ones are shite

Thanks Smile

I've just had like, 6 replies telling me fibre is a waste of time Tongue

MLS gasket it is! Big Grin
Can someone tell me what's so bad about the Lucas pump?

There also appears to be a threaded plug which can be removed for added boost compensator? at least the hole is in the right place anyway.
Were is this threaded plug? you sure your not looking at the black plastic cover that covers the max fuel screw?

Bosch 106 injectors brake at 120bar i believe, Im using 106 lucus injectors on the 306 bosch ve pump, i believe samass was still using the lucus injectors so wouldn't worry about injectors.
(16-12-2013, 09:53 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]Were is this threaded plug? you sure your not looking at the black plastic cover that covers the max fuel screw?

Bosch 106 injectors brake at 120bar i believe, Im using 106 lucus injectors on the 306 bosch ve pump, i believe samass was still using the lucus injectors so wouldn't worry about injectors.

I was just seeing things. No, not the black plug Tongue I've already been in there Wink

There was a threaded blank along to the right and "up" a bit. But it's not that.

Yeah I know the spec of the 106 injectors Smile 120-125BAR. was just wondering about the VE pump, if it was suitable. I know it worked on sams one though so I'm not too worried Big Grin

Lucas are 130-135BAR.
306 bosch injectors brake at 175 bar i believe, like i say tho dont worry about them, if you are worried just get them to a diesel company and make them brake at a higher pressure
(16-12-2013, 12:08 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]306 bosch injectors brake at 175 bar i believe, like i say tho dont worry about them, if you are worried just get them to a diesel company and make them brake at a higher pressure

I know how to change the break pressure Wink

My only difficulty would be splitting the injector to change the shim. 0.1mm shim adds about 15 BAR to the break pressure.

So I need to add 0.3mm to make them 175 BAR. Big Grin

Or I could just get somewhere to do it for me Tongue probably easier that way.
Everyone should now be able to see the top 3 pics Smile I had them linked from 106oc before, but hosting them elsewhere now Big Grin
Yawwwwwwn I've been lazy, and also it's dark when I get home from work but lighter evenings are coming!!!

[Image: SCjurdH.jpg]

Anyone got a Bosch pump they want rid of?
How did I miss this? Any progress?
(24-01-2014, 06:07 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]How did I miss this? Any progress?

I've been asking for ages, about just whacking the turbo on with the NAD pump and seeing what boost it makes and not touching fuelling yet. Everyone keeps putting me off, oh you'll get high combustion temps blah blah.

afaik, diesel engine would simply slow down if I added too much air.

I'm stuck, because it's my only car and I can't get the armour off the pump. So I really need to source a DT pump I think, I can't have my car off the road.

Sad
Scrapyards still turn up Bosch pumps now and again, go scouting!
(24-01-2014, 06:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Scrapyards still turn up Bosch pumps now and again, go scouting!

guy at my local yard can be a bit of a prick.

I did see a Bosch pump on an old disco, how similar do you think it was? looked identical to the 306/405 one.

Might go for a scan again tomorrow, I'm sure I could make up a story about how much I don't need it. lol
No good mate, it'd have a 6 pot camplate on it if its a 200/300 TDI...
Pages: 1 2 3 4