Any one up t'north move a car for me from Portsmouth.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one up t'north move a car for me from Portsmouth.
(02-12-2013, 03:19 PM)Tom Wrote: With anyvan, you have to pay a deposit to them was like 20quid, then had to pay the rest to the driver in cash. Different company but i assume they work fairly similairly?

Thanks just sorted it Big Grin wait for the guy to be in touch with me now..... Paid for car to Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Good lad. Plans with it?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Works exactly the same Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 03:49 PM)Tom Wrote: Good lad. Plans with it?

Not sure tbh just keep it sleeper, plans in my head are gt2052 fmic maybe 10/11mm pump, but see what happens in real life, first thing is sort all the issues out then go from there really Smile

Can any one tell me of the stdt clocks fit straight in?

Thanks given by:
Yes they do may need the top dash surround and loom aswell i just sold my complete setup to silverzx
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 04:10 PM)td_dan Wrote: Yes they do may need the top dash surround and loom aswell i just sold my complete setup to silverzx

How much you sell it for if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks given by:
You wouldnt pick the top dash up for what i sold that lot for lol, i done it for £30posted

Current cars
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 04:22 PM)td_dan Wrote: You wouldnt pick the top dash up for what i sold that lot for lol, i done it for £30posted

Wow! Just looking at some clocks £45 just for clocks! But if I'm gonna need loom and bits of dash to not sure it will be worth it

Thanks given by:
You can run a rev counter off the w terminal on the alternator im sure max looked in to it

Current cars
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 04:25 PM)td_dan Wrote: You can run a rev counter off the w terminal on the alternator im sure max looked in to it

Speedo don't work in it so needs New dials any way. Wait till I get it then will look in to it Smile

Thanks given by:
So been let down by the guy on Shipley (his clutch gone in his truck apparently) so need to get this moved again asap this weekend really to save messing Ginge around! Any one else got any ideas? Most Recovery people seem to be booked up for the weekend or want silly amounts of money!

If I haven't sorted anything tomorrow then I'm gonna go down and try rac see if they can get it back on my brake down cover but I'm hoping it doesn't get to that And I can get something sorted tomorrow.

What a pain in the arse this is, this is why I hate relying on other people I always seem to get let down. Sad

(02-12-2013, 09:09 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: So wanna buy ginge's 205 but struggling with prices to get it back, having some really daft quotes.

So who thinks my 106 will pull it back? 215miles...... Im not overly confident but it did pull a 306 about 2 miles with out issue up a decent sized hill to, That was when the 106 was on the standard pump, now it has more toque on the bosch so that should help out more?

Failing that any one round chesterfield way either got a car with a tow bar i can lend/ you fetch it for me? Should be able to get a, a frame, if not a car trailer......

What you guys think??

Thanks given by:
Oh, what about the company that Jonny and Vaughn rented a recovery truck off. Get train down, rent truck, pick up car, drop car home, drop off recovery truck, get train home.

Or if its ginge thats got the car for you then ask him to hire the truck and drop it off. Hell if you can wait till my next rest days (4 days time) I'll do it if you cover ALL my expenses.
Thanks given by:
Not sure what that would cost, plus if there is age limits? As I was looking at getting. A hire car/van with a towbar but struggle with being 23 most places said I need to be over 25 or didn't have one with a towbar, thing is really could do with getting it moved this weekend to save ginge any more cost traveling to sort the car out.

I will keep your offer in mind tho if I'm still stuck after weekend Smile

Thanks given by:
I believe it was £220 from abbacus. Need to be over 21 with no points.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2013, 11:14 PM)vlj Wrote: I believe it was £220 from abbacus. Need to be over 21 with no points.

Just for the truck? Wow that's expensive! There was a company I found that was £98 for a day, but didn't read in to it to much will have a look tomorrow see if I can find it again.

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2013, 11:21 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 11:14 PM)vlj Wrote: I believe it was £220 from abbacus. Need to be over 21 with no points.

Just for the truck? Wow that's expensive! There was a company I found that was £98 for a day, but didn't read in to it to much will have a look tomorrow see if I can find it again.

What for a 200 mile old flatbed transporter with all the gear? Not really.
Thanks given by:
Like I said Chris my mate will go down in his truck pick you up on the way £200 can do this weekend too

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2013, 11:23 PM)vlj Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 11:21 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:

What for a 200 mile old flatbed transporter with all the gear? Not really.

It is when you can get Recovery truck for under £100 for the day, but thanks for the heads up with it Smile

(07-12-2013, 04:18 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Like I said Chris my mate will go down in his truck pick you up on the way £200 can do this weekend too

Thanks Danny Big Grin hopefully sorted now thanks to Danny.

Thanks given by:
No problem mate Smile glad to help

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help. Dum-Dum 47 8,216 27-10-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Need parts collected between Nottingham / Portsmouth? Dazecoop 7 1,723 03-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Dazecoop
Thumbs Down My 205 XUD- the time has come to move on strictly_perv 32 6,564 25-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Last Post: ginge191