Any one up t'north move a car for me from Portsmouth.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one up t'north move a car for me from Portsmouth.
So wanna buy ginge's 205 but struggling with prices to get it back, having some really daft quotes.

So who thinks my 106 will pull it back? 215miles...... Im not overly confident but it did pull a 306 about 2 miles with out issue up a decent sized hill to, That was when the 106 was on the standard pump, now it has more toque on the bosch so that should help out more?

Failing that any one round chesterfield way either got a car with a tow bar i can lend/ you fetch it for me? Should be able to get a, a frame, if not a car trailer......

What you guys think??

Thanks given by:
Fix it there and drive back?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 09:18 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Fix it there and drive back?

Well i have thought this over tbh but will be shit if i carnt fix it, will be a waste of fuel and time.

Thanks given by:
The only space is kerb sides
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 09:24 AM)ginge191 Wrote: The only space is kerb sides

Think fixing it is out of question really, just wanna get it back.

It's weather the 106 Will pull it, if not some one will get it for me cheap.

Thanks given by:
Are you not with the rac? If its got tax and test they will take it back to your house no problems
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
shiply!
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 09:44 AM)td_dan Wrote: Are you not with the rac? If its got tax and test they will take it back to your house no problems

I am but it's abit dodgy that there's something snapped off in the locking point of flywheel, there gonna no something fishy is going off with it

Thanks given by:
No particularly if it doesnt turn over they would diagnose as seized engine and bring you home

Current cars
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 10:08 AM)td_dan Wrote: No particularly if it doesnt turn over they would diagnose as seized engine and bring you home

And if they try to start it and it slips cambelt or something like that mess about with engine, and it's risky going 215mile and they say they won't tow it Home will only tow me to garage or something like that.

Thanks given by:
True just tryin some viable options

Current cars
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 10:35 AM)td_dan Wrote: True just tryin some viable options

Yer thanks for the advice Smile but just wanna make sure I got a 100% fail proof plan before I attempt it cos don't wanna waste people's time and effort for nothing. Just wish a had a d turbo cos would pull it back easy with one of them.

Thanks given by:
Bit of scaffold pipe and some D clamps! drag it home. If you towed a gti6 easy the 205 will be a walk in the park!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 11:04 AM)Tom Wrote: Bit of scaffold pipe and some D clamps! drag it home. If you towed a gti6 easy the 205 will be a walk in the park!

Risky tho in it, I towed the gti6 2 miles, this is 215miles lol not sure about walk in the park

Thanks given by:
When i bought the 205 it was about 200 miles from max's down to me. And i got quoted 150quid with anyvan
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 11:14 AM)Tom Wrote: When i bought the 205 it was about 200 miles from max's down to me. And i got quoted 150quid with anyvan

Cheapest so far is £160, what I don't thinks bad, but I keep thinking in a d turbo/Veg powered car probably cost about £50 but need some one to lend me a d turbo or just risk it with 106.

Thanks given by:
What are you risking? If you can pull a gti6 the 205 will be a piece of cake, its like 300/400kilo lighter. Get someone half competent in the 205 and your away!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Bear in mind the speed you can tow at though.....it'd take forever dragging a car 200 miles without a trailer!

Plus you'll ruin the clutch in the 106, and the brakes are shit even just towing a trailer (from experience).

How much is it for you to hire a car trailer/lift thing on a transit? (forgot the name of them!).
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 11:28 AM)Tom Wrote: What are you risking? If you can pull a gti6 the 205 will be a piece of cake, its like 300/400kilo lighter. Get someone half competent in the 205 and your away!

Risking killing the 106 lol I'm tempted to do it tbh see if I can get some one to sit in 205

(02-12-2013, 11:36 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Bear in mind the speed you can tow at though.....it'd take forever dragging a car 200 miles without a trailer!

Plus you'll ruin the clutch in the 106, and the brakes are shit even just towing a trailer (from experience).

How much is it for you to hire a car trailer/lift thing on a transit? (forgot the name of them!).

It's nearly all motorway so would just be sat at a constant speed, so surly won't kill clutch Sat on a motorway, fair enough if it was stop start all way home it possibly would kill it, and £100 for day but then you got Fuel on top so be about £160/180 by time I done it.

Thanks given by:
215 miles? You're having a laugh if you want to tow it that far, it'll be an absolute nightmare.

£160 is more than reasonable to have it delivered, and would save you a day and a load of ballache.

Or just do as suggested and get it RAC'd back up to you. Just explain that you don't want it started as the flywheel is locked, the guys that come out just want to get you home, not try and wriggle their way out of helping you out.
Thanks given by:
That is so cheap at £160.

I can hire a beaver tail for £90 & thats without adding fuel/time!!

I wouldnt tow it 215 miles on my trailer with the vec let alone on a bar with a 106 nad!!
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 11:39 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(02-12-2013, 11:36 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Bear in mind the speed you can tow at though.....it'd take forever dragging a car 200 miles without a trailer!

It's nearly all motorway so would just be sat at a constant speed, so surly won't kill clutch Sat on a motorway, fair enough if it was stop start all way home it possibly would kill it, and £100 for day but then you got Fuel on top so be about £160/180 by time I done it.

You won't be able to keep a constant tbh, any acceleration with that extra weight puts strain on the clutch whether that's climbing hills or having to speed up after someone cuts you up.

Plus I didn't realise you were towing on the motorway, at max 50mph with such a short space between you and the towed car, if you had to brake hard the 205 would be in your boot.

There's no way I'd risk towing that distance - if it was 20 miles yeah, but not 200, it's up to you obviously though.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 11:52 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(02-12-2013, 11:39 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:

You won't be able to keep a constant tbh, any acceleration with that extra weight puts strain on the clutch whether that's climbing hills or having to speed up after someone cuts you up.

Plus I didn't realise you were towing on the motorway, at max 50mph with such a short space between you and the towed car, if you had to brake hard the 205 would be in your boot.

There's no way I'd risk towing that distance - if it was 20 miles yeah, but not 200, it's up to you obviously though.

Wouldn't be in my boot of it was on a a frame.

But i do take on board what you guys are saying. See if I can sort a bigger car out with a towbar then I would be happy to do it with an a frame

Thanks given by:
They ^^ have a point really. Im just cheap lol. I've had a tow bar bend and me go straight into the back of a mate, its not fun. 160 is a good price. Hurry up and decide because if i can clear some space im going to have that 205!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 12:22 PM)Tom Wrote: They ^^ have a point really. Im just cheap lol. I've had a tow bar bend and me go straight into the back of a mate, its not fun. 160 is a good price. Hurry up and decide because if i can clear some space im going to have that 205!

well nothing is set in stone with it, not agreed anything with ginge so if you get there before me you do, doing my best but its not looking good tbh, even my dad wont let me use his van Sad

Thanks given by:
Just pay the 160 quid -.-
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2013, 12:33 PM)Tom Wrote: Just pay the 160 quid -.-

Text ginge so hopefully will be sorting it Smile

Thanks given by:
ninja
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Any one used Shipley before? How does it work? Do I have to pay up front or pay when the car is delivered?

Thanks given by:
With anyvan, you have to pay a deposit to them was like 20quid, then had to pay the rest to the driver in cash. Different company but i assume they work fairly similairly?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Can't move my engine - Ideas/problem solvers help. Dum-Dum 47 8,219 27-10-2016, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Need parts collected between Nottingham / Portsmouth? Dazecoop 7 1,723 03-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Dazecoop
Thumbs Down My 205 XUD- the time has come to move on strictly_perv 32 6,580 25-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Last Post: ginge191