So I'm no longer a Moderator

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I'm no longer a Moderator
Well I made a decision last night that I've been considering since the summer and I'm not going to be a moderator here any longer. It is very much my decision and I have jumped rather than being pushed.

The very abridged version of this is I decided that regarding keeping this forum fresh and improving things for members here that if I wasn't being part of the solution that I was part of the problem and in 6 months barely anything has changed, my views aren't listened to. I'm not part of the main clique of staff and don't want to be either.

I hadn't really made my mind up but 2 things happened at the Christmas meet that sealed it for me. Firstly we didn't have a car meet that included everyone, everyone buggered off to go and do something completely un car related that most of us couldn't afford to do and secondly and most importantly when I went to get some parts off a member one of the other moderators very publicly told people that he didn't trust me, told the other member not to trust me and basically accused me of trying to steal the parts with no grounds. I wont work with someone who thinks that of me especially as I consider my honesty and trustworthiness some of my best qualities.

I'm still staying here, I'm still gonna build stupid projects and own too many cars and most importantly I still want to see us a one big happy community.
Thanks given by:
Just want to say thanks Chris, you've been with us from the start.

I know you have your reasons and that's cool with me please do stay around and thanks for your help over the last 2 years Smile
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Sorry to see this Chris.
Good to see you keeping active on here!

Hopefully certain particulars can see this isn't a petty battle against each other, but it's impacting a lot more.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Chris, fair play mate. It's a shame but I fully understand your reasons. Also, can you PM me your current number?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 11:09 AM)Fooby Wrote: Just want to say thanks Chris, you've been with us from the start.

I know you have your reasons and that's cool with me please do stay around and thanks for your help over the last 2 years Smile
Cheers mate. Means alot to me, its been an awesome 2 years.

(01-12-2013, 11:57 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Sorry to see this Chris.
Good to see you keeping active on here!

Hopefully certain particulars can see this isn't a petty battle against each other, but it's impacting a lot more.
Yeah one or 2 knobs shouldn't be allowed to and in all honesty wont ruin this place, my decision is bigger than that and thats why its been 6 months I've been considering this.

(01-12-2013, 12:00 PM)Niall Wrote: Chris, fair play mate. It's a shame but I fully understand your reasons. Also, can you PM me your current number?
Cheers mate, I know you've seen the slightly less abridged version in the staff section. Its been a surprisingly painless thing to do. I was expecting to wake up this morning wishing I hadn't but I've got a new found vigor for the estate now and don't have to worry about who I offend.
Thanks given by:
SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSad

I can completly understand you have your reasons, but shame to see this happen!

One reason we didnt go to the xmas meet is due to the reasn's above-nothing planned as a whole and Jamie was fitting ninja stuff at last Big Grin

I can imagine that the amount of money spent would keep adding up and when you have bills to pay you cant do this .

Can't wait to see the magic on the state Smile
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
shame dumdum...

you the only Mod I trust
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 12:43 PM)Mrs puglove Wrote: I can completly understand you have your reasons, but shame to see this happen!
Sadly actions speak louder than words

(01-12-2013, 01:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: shame dumdum...

you the only Mod I trust
Cheers mate, means alot.
Thanks given by:
ummm did i miss somthing at the xmas do?

bummer chris
dont know what to say didnt see that coming
Thanks given by:
Theres always drama at these things.

It was too far north for me.......

Chris was genuinely helpful to me in the past! I look forward to seeing his next thing!!
Thanks given by:
Ahh forum politics! Not sure what to say really. Hope you had fun? Keep doing what your doing? Best of luck in the future? lol :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
don't know what all this shit is about but as far as i'm concerned Chris you're straight as a die, there's a few i don't trust and you're not one of them . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 02:07 PM)cully Wrote: ummm did i miss somthing at the xmas do?

bummer chris
dont know what to say didnt see that coming
Nah I don't think you missed much. It was the idea for nobody to see this coming as I didn't want people to behave differently to change my decision. Only one person knew before about 8pm last night.

(01-12-2013, 02:16 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: Chris was genuinely helpful to me in the past! I look forward to seeing his next thing!!
Cheers mate, means alot. Next thing will be wither an AX or the 2.2 getting fitted.

(01-12-2013, 02:44 PM)Tom Wrote: Ahh forum politics! Not sure what to say really. Hope you had fun? Keep doing what your doing? Best of luck in the future? lol :p
LOL yeah all of those things mate Smile

(01-12-2013, 02:45 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: don't know what all this shit is about but as far as i'm concerned Chris you're straight as a die, there's a few i don't trust and you're not one of them . . . Smile
Cheers mate, means alot Smile
Thanks given by:
Real big shame dude
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 02:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cheers mate, means alot. Next thing will be wither an AX or the 2.2 getting fitted

Why not put a 2.2 in an AX Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thats a real shame dude, but as said before I can appreciate your position. I don't envy whoever replaces you as they've got a hell of a lot to live up to, you've always been one of the hardest working staff imo and a great public figure for the club. I sincerely hope this is converted into a positive move and is used to learn important lessons, this club could benefit greatly in the long run.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sorry to lose you bud, but I know you'll stay around and I'm glad of that Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Shite the bed !!! That's a shame Chris because despite all the negative banter about how you'll keep a car for etc, you are as honest as the day is long -that's my 2p's worth Smile

Feel so man loving coming on...**big burley hug**
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
one of the reasons i joined this forum is because of your projects dumdum! you make some good threads and you helped me alot on .net when i had my hdi. i pmd you and you always got back to me with good advice. your a sound guy and glad your still sticking around :-)
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 03:01 PM)sam Wrote: Real big shame dude
Yeah mate, but things need to change.

(01-12-2013, 03:02 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote:
(01-12-2013, 02:58 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Cheers mate, means alot. Next thing will be wither an AX or the 2.2 getting fitted

Why not put a 2.2 in an AX Big Grin
Too heavy and definitely too tall.

(01-12-2013, 03:03 PM)Poodle Wrote: Thats a real shame dude, but as said before I can appreciate your position. I don't envy whoever replaces you as they've got a hell of a lot to live up to, you've always been one of the hardest working staff imo and a great public figure for the club. I sincerely hope this is converted into a positive move and is used to learn important lessons, this club could benefit greatly in the long run.
Yeah I hope its a positive move too, i hope it pushes this club onto bigger and better things.

(01-12-2013, 03:39 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Sorry to lose you bud, but I know you'll stay around and I'm glad of that Smile
Where ever there is broken 306s, people with accents i don't understand and whatever the people in the middle of the country class as "cheep beer" I'll be there.

(01-12-2013, 04:00 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: Shite the bed !!! That's a shame Chris because despite all the negative banter about how you'll keep a car for etc, you are as honest as the day is long -that's my 2p's worth Smile

Feel so man loving coming on...**big burley hug**
Cheers babe, always up for a bro hug.

(01-12-2013, 04:19 PM)tim 306td Wrote: one of the reasons i joined this forum is because of your projects dumdum! you make some good threads and you helped me alot on .net when i had my hdi. i pmd you and you always got back to me with good advice. your a sound guy and glad your still sticking around :-)
Thats really good to hear mate. Hopefully the 2.2 starts moving forward in the new year as I'm working 2 bank holidays over Christmas so will be enough money to buy the final bits i need. If the car fails the MOT badly I might need to re assess that though.
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear this Chris, but as you have said, you have your reasons. You're not the only one to notice what you have, and for it to be led to this is a shame. I know it doesn't need to come from me but thanks for what you have done to make this forum work. I spend enough time on it and without people like you it wouldn't work, and I would have to find other, more productive things to do with my free time.

Props to you mate

x
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Never saw you as a "member of staff" anyway.... Saw you more of a mate. Hope it wont change much.
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Always been a honest and helpfull bloke sad to see it happen but glad your staying around
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 05:01 PM)Grant Wrote: Sorry to hear this Chris, but as you have said, you have your reasons. You're not the only one to notice what you have, and for it to be led to this is a shame. I know it doesn't need to come from me but thanks for what you have done to make this forum work. I spend enough time on it and without people like you it wouldn't work, and I would have to find other, more productive things to do with my free time.

Props to you mate

x
Cheers mate, means alot from you. My more productive thing for my retirement is going to be fitting my 2.2. Even got the last couple of bits of second hand OEM parts that I needed sorted today.

(01-12-2013, 05:08 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Never saw you as a "member of staff" anyway.... Saw you more of a mate. Hope it wont change much.
Cheers mate, I need to come down for a micks sometime soon and join in one of your late night under Tesco meets.

(01-12-2013, 05:13 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Always been a honest and helpfull bloke sad to see it happen but glad your staying around
Cheers dude Smile
Thanks given by:
I haven't trusted you since you gave me that funny tasting drink , leading to a black out and sore rear end ....

Only joking Wink
Shame forum politics has led to something like this, at least you're still here
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
You A lady garden and in glad your no longer a mod.

Im kidding. Was too much chris loving in here!

xx
Thanks given by:
I've only met you in person the one time at fcs and we had a good chat and laugh together and you seemed like a good guy. Not sure what has gone down and with who but either way I'm glad your sticking around and not doing something stupid like returning to the dark side!! Lol
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I've read the first post, no more. But can I just say...

Dum Dum is the nicest, most friendly (and potentially stupid?) person you'll ever meet. Totally harmless, would never rob anyone of anything and I have and hope to continue enjoying a good few beers with him.

Whoever it is that's got a problem Dum is not worth the hassle. In my own words "f*ck 'em".

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Basically what JP said mate. I see you more as a mate than anything else. It's a shame someone has spoiled it for you. I don't see how someone can see you as an untrustworthy individual because it's obvious that it's not the case. Seeing as you're a copper too haha.

Looking forward to seeing you again you rather tall ass mofo! <3
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 05:29 PM)lolsteve Wrote: I haven't trusted you since you gave me that funny tasting drink , leading to a black out and sore rear end ....

Only joking Wink
Shame forum politics has led to something like this, at least you're still here

(01-12-2013, 05:32 PM)Just Sean Wrote: You A lady garden and in glad your no longer a mod.

Im kidding. Was too much chris loving in here!

xx
Knew I could count on you two to lighten the mood.

(01-12-2013, 05:56 PM)londondan86 Wrote: I've only met you in person the one time at fcs and we had a good chat and laugh together and you seemed like a good guy. Not sure what has gone down and with who but either way I'm glad your sticking around and not doing something stupid like returning to the dark side!! Lol
Cheers mate, dont think I could ever fully go back there

(01-12-2013, 07:08 PM)jammapic Wrote: I've read the first post, no more. But can I just say...

Dum Dum is the nicest, most friendly (and potentially stupid?) person you'll ever meet. Totally harmless, would never rob anyone of anything and I have and hope to continue enjoying a good few beers with him.

Whoever it is that's got a problem Dum is not worth the hassle. In my own words "f*ck 'em".

JP
It's bigger than one person mate, it was just that one person happened to be the final straw. I do really need to catch up with you for a beer. You gonna have a garage warming party when you finish your new man cave?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Longer in the Fold C.A.R. 9 1,453 29-06-2015, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Matt
Sad No longer a 306 owner Bassman85 11 1,876 25-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Mole man