mot time..... veg oil+petrol

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mot time..... veg oil+petrol
So my car has got petrol and Veg Oil mix in the tank will it be ok for mot? Or will it mess with the emissions?

Thanks given by:
just turn max fuel down if you're worried . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It should be fine, just restrict/adjust the throttle cable so it's nice and slack.

Or turn the max fuel down a few turns (if on a bosch).

Other then that no reason why it should fail.

It's smoke density right? Not emission based.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
No idea tbh it hardly smokes on the Veg any way it's just a haze so should be ok, guess we will find out when it goes

Thanks given by:
I'd be suprised if you failed.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2013, 11:33 AM)silverzx Wrote: I'd be suprised if you failed.

Just booked it in for Friday so will see pretty sure it will fail on something probably not emissions if you guys think it's ok

Thanks given by:
i enquired about this when i motd my car running 100% veg, they didnt have a clue and just said bring it in, it initially failed on over 2x the legal limit which i couldnt believe as it only just smoked on boost. So i just turned down the fuel screw infront of them and it went straight through. But as a fuel it shouldnt make a difference Smile
Thanks given by:
I ran my in veg oil turned, restricted the accelerator cable and passed no problem
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Veg usually burns a whitish grey, Diesel burns black.
Veg registers alot lower in emissions as it's seen as being much less dense smoke.

Mine often reads really high on the first pass, then subsequent readings are much lower.

Always a good idea to give it an Italian Tune-up on the way to the test Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's just the petrol in mix that I'm worrying about if that will mess it up, not to worried about the veg oil

Thanks given by:
I didnt even downtune mine, passed easily.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Never done anything with mine either, passed just fine except for an advisory once for 'black smoke' lol
Thanks given by:
As said further up its not the Veg Oil I'm worried about its the petrol in the mix

Thanks given by:
well with petrol burning cleaner than diesel or veg...whats the problem?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2013, 07:27 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: As said further up its not the Veg Oil I'm worried about its the petrol in the mix

And most people have said it's fine.. Good hard pull a couple of times on the way to the MOT, although from what I understand, they'll generally give it a damn hard rev prior to the smoke test anyway.

In other words, don't worry!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(14-11-2013, 07:32 AM)Piggy Wrote: well with petrol burning cleaner than diesel or veg...whats the problem?

Didn't no petrol burnt cleaner than derv!! I no Veg does but not petrol thanks for clearing that up captain sarcasm Wink

(14-11-2013, 07:32 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote:
(14-11-2013, 07:27 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: As said further up its not the Veg Oil I'm worried about its the petrol in the mix

And most people have said it's fine.. Good hard pull a couple of times on the way to the MOT, although from what I understand, they'll generally give it a damn hard rev prior to the smoke test anyway.

In other words, don't worry!

Ok cool thanks will give it a good thrash clear it out abit lol

Thanks given by:
Last MOT, I didnt adjust mine, but i just scraped through....the limit is 1.50 whatever its measured in, and mine made 1.49! lol

I also took mine out half hour before it was due for the MOT, and just went for a spirited drive, delivered the car to them with a lovely warm engine, and they literally drove it straight in and did the test. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My 106 was MOT'd two weeks ago running on 95% veg 5% petrol. Emissions were well within limits. The only complaint from the tester was the smell giving him the munchies.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2013, 02:13 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: My 106 was MOT'd two weeks ago running on 95% veg 5% petrol. Emissions were well within limits. The only complaint from the tester was the smell giving him the munchies.

This haha!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
We'll it's just got back from mot passed not sure if this means any thing to u guys

[Image: DSC_0224_zps7fefec9e.jpg]

No idea what it means but it passed so all good Smile decide if I'm keeping it now

Thanks given by:
You flew through.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Easy peasy!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
See, told you veg gets you a lower score.

Mine went thru fine this weekend too, didn't get a emissions report tho.
Thanks given by:
1.5 1/m The test limit should be 3.0 1/m, thats what all my Mots say
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2013, 04:28 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: See, told you veg gets you a lower score.

Mine went thru fine this weekend too, didn't get a emissions report tho.

I no Veg Oil is lower on the emissions but as I said a few times in this thread it was the petrol in the mix I was worried about

Thanks given by: