Any bikers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any bikers?
Wondering if anyone here has a motorbike; or more
Specially use it for commuting.

2 days running now, 30 minuts journey takin hour and half..

Worth forking out for a bike licence plus leathers etc for traffic dodging...??
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Just get your self a slow ped
£500 for a bike
£20 tax
£100 insurence
£150 for cbt
£150 for coat & helmet

All that is cheaper than a big bike test alone and will allow you to ride up to 125cc

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I don't think it's worth it for cost saving measures. I have already taken a CBT which I was lucky to pass (being quite nervous with the controls) and I am going to need at least half a dozen more lessons on a 125 before getting on a grown up bike. Once you factor in the cost of gear (£500 pounds) a decent bike (1500+) and insurance (250+) you are making a massive outlay and you don't have the flexibility of a car in that you can take everything with you. But if you want to do it for the fun of it I would certainly recommend it. Just don't try to rush things and have as many lessons as possible because it is quite hard unless you are a super confident riding god.
Thanks given by:
And a 125 moped is good for 70mph?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Weather will have a huge impact on how much you want to do this - going anywhere on a bike in heavy rain is not much fun.

Perhaps get a 125 on a cbt and use it on dry days and keep the car as a backup for when the weather is crap / you need to carry more than a bag / want to turn up looking presentable.

125 will be fine for most short journeys, and will give you a taste without having to sink a lot of money into full license / big bike.

I think most raining centres run cbt training as a loss leader, normally what about £100 for a full days training? Bargain imo
Thanks given by:
I think best thing to do is the cbt and get a 125, you can pick up a cheap 125 and then get some bike wear and a helmet and what not and go from there. I used to have a 125 for work, great in the summer but once the weather turned in the winter it was horrible riding when it was -3 or 4 and there is ice on the road and it rains and you cant feel your hands. Give me a traffic jam anyday not and let me sit in the warm and listen to the radio!
Thanks given by:
I use my zzr600 for work every dry day, it halfs my fuel costs and knocks 15mins off my journey time, when I had a cg125 I regularly saw 120-130mpg from it cruising to work and still faster than the car.
My journey to work is 43miles 10 in towns the rest open road
Thanks given by:
Ginge where you travelling to and from?
Thanks given by:
Sholing mark..
Thanks given by:
Been riding motorbikes since i was 4 and will always suggest a Honda cg125 as a first "real" bike, thay are cheap, reliable, really easy to ride and so simple to fix. Oh and cheap on fuel ( used to get 130 mile to a tank)

personally i think everyone should get their cbt and spend a year on a ped/ motorbike (especially new drivers)

yes the initial outlay costs a bit but its like driving a car for the first time, its gunna cost.

if you want a bike with gears but cant get along with a clutch try a Honda c90, the worlds best bike, and your allows on dual carriageways because its over 50cc.
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Can't get a moped then as you need to go on the motorway. Let me guess eastern road traffic.
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 02:21 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Can't get a moped then as you need to go on the motorway. Let me guess eastern road traffic.

M27 mate.. stupid traffic along there. really had enough of it..

interesting info, thanks for the input..
Thanks given by:
Is that due to the average speed cameras. Normally not to bad.
Thanks given by:
Get a bike! But if you get hooked you'll only ever see your car as wet weather transport.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bikers vs. Range Rover C.A.R. 53 12,340 03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Last Post: devils_fuel