GTi6 Idle Woes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi6 Idle Woes
Grrrrr,

The idle on my GTi is still playing silly buggers, after work this evening as I pulled out the car park at about 1000rpm it had no power and kankaroo'd very lightly, power was then fine throughout the whole rev range but it stalled a couple of times as I dipped the clutch at traffic lights.

When I got home if I revved it on the spot the revs would drop right down to 500prm but it juuust about saved itself from stalling.

It's had a brand new TPS and ICV (Magnetti).

It's more likely to stall if I am going down hill with the throttle closed i.e tb under vacuum and then engage the clutch. I'm guessing in this condition the throttle is completely closed and what little air the engine is getting is coming through the ICV or?

It also idles just a bit high imo which suggests a small air leak.

This is the first evening which has been noticeably colder, not sure if that is just coincidence.

I'm going to get a new throttle body gasket and take the lot off and check for anything obvious, will also check the MAP sensor on a multimeter as I've read this can cause all sorts of problems which can appear to be ICV related.

Any other suggestions/advice?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Lambda sensor?
Thanks given by:
Has recently passed MOT and I just got 38mpg from the last tank so unlikely I think.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erratic idle GTi6 rocker8742 18 3,404 02-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Last Post: PocketFighter
  Gti6 idle issue NottsPug 42 9,977 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Niall