Whining noise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whining noise?
Fitted my new sump yesterday which is all good now, got a whining noise now though. That either wasnt there before, or nowhere near as bad. Sounds like its coming from the aux belt rather than the cam belt, any ideas what it might be? and how terminal it is?

cheers, laurence
[Image: th_IMG_20321_zps9508360e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Belt covers?

Anything rubbing should be fairly evident on inspection.
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 02:20 PM)Alan_M Wrote: Belt covers?

Anything rubbing should be fairly evident on inspection.

pretty sure its coming from the aux belt... whats the best way to check? take the belt off and see if it still does it?
Thanks given by:
Id say that was agood shout
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ac pump? Mine sounded like that when mine went. Just a thought.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 08:14 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Id say that was agood shout

I'll try that

(03-11-2013, 09:03 PM)kingy Wrote: Ac pump? Mine sounded like that when mine went. Just a thought.

The a/c doesn't work anyway so could be that... Did you replace yours to get the a/c working or to get rid of the noise?
Thanks given by:
Yeah it did. Thats after I changed the water pump cam belt and ideler pulley. Got the bastard in the end. Im not saying that thats your problem but it could be. Make sure you buy the right ac pump if this the problem as I was told all ac pumps are the same. There not. Had to strip both down to make a good one
Ac still dont work but the noise has gone. Or get a shorter belt and do away with the pump altogether and save weight.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2013, 09:34 PM)kingy Wrote: Yeah it did. Thats after I changed the water pump cam belt and ideler pulley. Got the bastard in the end. Im not saying that thats your problem but it could be. Make sure you buy the right ac pump if this the problem as I was told all ac pumps are the same. There not. Had to strip both down to make a good one
Ac still dont work but the noise has gone. Or get a shorter belt and do away with the pump altogether and save weight.

Yep cam belt + water pumps at the top of the list to do. ah right I'll look into that, cheers for your help Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.8 whining in 3rd and 4th PugRory 4 1,908 13-01-2014, 09:06 PM
Last Post: PugRory