lucas to bosch swap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lucas to bosch swap
this has probably been asked before but i'm just curious, how difficult is it to replace the lucas pump with a bosch, is it easy enough to do yourself or best to get someone with more experience to do it?
Thanks given by:
Best to search the form and you will probably find your answer Smile

Thanks given by:
if you can change a cambelt, you can do a pump

piece of cake really
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that's the only bit I don't think I would be able to do, will have to do some readin up on it first
Thanks given by:
Darren put a video on youtube gives you a good idea of what to do!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Aright, just wanna get me car running first then figure out if I'm gonna Bosch it
Thanks given by:
The best way to learn imo is to dive in. But make sure you have someone around to bail you out should it come to that.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, easiest thing is to get someone to do it for me, but I'm quite interested in how everything works and get some satisfaction when doing a job myself, but yeah, a Bosch is definitely on the cards.
Thanks given by:
It's easy if you know what you're doing I.e cambelt change, I know what I'm doing but can't be arsed with the tight space in a 306 as I don't have the experience/nack to not take all day lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I could probably do the cambelt if I done some more reading up on it, but don't have the time to spend hours on end doing it, would rather be confident in doing it and knowing I could get the whole lot done without any major snags. I'll wait and see how I get on sorting the stop solenoid out in my lucas first .
Thanks given by:
Get a bosch asap will mate, made such a difference to mine, so much better!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bosch pump swap lydecker777 0 1,465 03-02-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: lydecker777
  Substitution pump Lucas with Bosch AmedeoRS 3 1,633 13-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Lucas to Bosch Conversion Phase 2 306 DTurbo FrostyHDI 2 1,696 01-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Dave