How much do you pay for tracking?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much do you pay for tracking?
I desperately need to get mine! Following the guide on GTi6 forum and didn't see that my Lemforder TREs have much longer threaded shaft than stock so counting the turns wasn't enough, measuring the length in MM would've been better. It's way way out now! But needed doing anyway...

As only the front can be adjusted, do garages know this and do cheaper rates at all?
Thanks given by:
It's usually anywhere from £10-£20 for front tracking depending on where you go up here
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Got mine done for £25 the other day
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
£59 is best round my way Sad

thats why I do it myself old school with string!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Wilco Motosave do it for £20 for 4 wheel tracking, can't speak for them all but the one on Roseville Road in Leeds is good Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 03:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: £59 is best round my way Sad

thats why I do it myself old school with string!

£59?!?! Are they using gold plated tools or something? Protyre in glos is <£25 only place local to me that i can get the car and clamps on.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I paid £20 for mine about a month ago, although I was talking to a mate who uses one of the proper high tech thingys and he said the BMW that had just come off the ramps had been charged £125 for the pleasure!
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
I think mine has been ~£35 on its own. Although the last time I got it done free as a deal with the tyres.
Thanks given by:
Free Smile
Thanks given by:
29.99 with the laser ones.
Thanks given by:
£30 for laser tracking or £5 the old school mirror way.
Thanks given by:
£25 + vat a pop for laser tracking

getting stupidly expensive, as will need it done again soon and it'll be the 3rd time Sad
Thanks given by:
Say your trade and 15 quid thats at my local national tyres
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£10. Carnt beleive people paying stupid prices. Dont matter if they use the top of the range thingy as long as its done.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£32 at hiQ today.
Local garage could do it cheaper but were fully booked.
Thanks given by:
I would not feel happy about paying more than £30
Thanks given by:
I didn't.
But prices went from 25-36
Thanks given by:
ball of string and a tape measure is cheap!
Thanks given by:
As above, did it that way, then did it again at work and it was dead on!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
£0.00p
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Definitely investigating the home method for this next time, I've got to go back to the place as the steering wheel isn't even straight...
Thanks given by:
£25 with wheel balancing up round Crewe way
Thanks given by:
My place charge 30+vat for front wheel alignment, using top of the range computerised super-tracker kit. Rear adjustment are charged separate per side if that model of car can be adjusted at all. The toe, camber and caster check us free if not adjusted.
Thanks given by:
Found another good place in Birmingham

tyres-r-us

http://tyresrus-birmingham.co.uk/

use latest 4 wheel laser computer jobbie - £20 for adjusting the front wheels Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tracking Issue GTi6 gti6man 5 2,387 13-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  VIBRATION- balancing and tracking done thealphanoob 0 1,043 22-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: thealphanoob
  had my tracking done again today , and my steering wheel isnt straight jjenn20 22 4,875 10-04-2015, 07:15 AM
Last Post: welshpug