306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: How much do you pay for tracking?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I desperately need to get mine! Following the guide on GTi6 forum and didn't see that my Lemforder TREs have much longer threaded shaft than stock so counting the turns wasn't enough, measuring the length in MM would've been better. It's way way out now! But needed doing anyway...

As only the front can be adjusted, do garages know this and do cheaper rates at all?
It's usually anywhere from £10-£20 for front tracking depending on where you go up here
Got mine done for £25 the other day
£59 is best round my way Sad

thats why I do it myself old school with string!
Wilco Motosave do it for £20 for 4 wheel tracking, can't speak for them all but the one on Roseville Road in Leeds is good Smile
(23-09-2013, 03:31 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]£59 is best round my way Sad

thats why I do it myself old school with string!

£59?!?! Are they using gold plated tools or something? Protyre in glos is <£25 only place local to me that i can get the car and clamps on.
I paid £20 for mine about a month ago, although I was talking to a mate who uses one of the proper high tech thingys and he said the BMW that had just come off the ramps had been charged £125 for the pleasure!
I think mine has been ~£35 on its own. Although the last time I got it done free as a deal with the tyres.
Free Smile
29.99 with the laser ones.
£30 for laser tracking or £5 the old school mirror way.
£25 + vat a pop for laser tracking

getting stupidly expensive, as will need it done again soon and it'll be the 3rd time Sad
Say your trade and 15 quid thats at my local national tyres
£10. Carnt beleive people paying stupid prices. Dont matter if they use the top of the range thingy as long as its done.
£32 at hiQ today.
Local garage could do it cheaper but were fully booked.
I would not feel happy about paying more than £30
I didn't.
But prices went from 25-36
ball of string and a tape measure is cheap!
As above, did it that way, then did it again at work and it was dead on!
£0.00p
Definitely investigating the home method for this next time, I've got to go back to the place as the steering wheel isn't even straight...
£25 with wheel balancing up round Crewe way
My place charge 30+vat for front wheel alignment, using top of the range computerised super-tracker kit. Rear adjustment are charged separate per side if that model of car can be adjusted at all. The toe, camber and caster check us free if not adjusted.
Found another good place in Birmingham

tyres-r-us

http://tyresrus-birmingham.co.uk/

use latest 4 wheel laser computer jobbie - £20 for adjusting the front wheels Smile