Top mount intercooler and pump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top mount intercooler and pump
how far could you push the TMIC before upgrading to a front mount?

second question is a 11mm bosch and gov mod abit of a over kill for a stage one tune? would i run into any problems installing one to replace my standard lucus pump (not looking for silly boost btw just a very light tune and veg is why i purchased one)

cheers
Thanks given by:
It will be alright just very smokey and youll struggle to boost cleanly with a "mild tune"
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Isn't Dave still on a TMIC?
Thanks given by:
yeah.
tmic can be used for 170bhp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
so really no good then with a standard turbo? or would it just need abit more then "mild tune"
Thanks given by:
i ran an 11mm with a t2 @ 24psi for about 4/5months. just turn the fuel down n drive it appropriately
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
The more a turbos pushed the higher the heat crested. So if your pushing a stock turbo to its limit IE 25-30psi it's going to create a lot of heat. So it will need a FMIC.
A bigger turbo running the same power and more at a lot lower psi will create a lot less heat.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(29-10-2013, 07:27 AM)strictly_perv Wrote: The more a turbos pushed the higher the heat crested. So if your pushing a stock turbo to its limit IE 25-30psi it's going to create a lot of heat. So it will need a FMIC.
A bigger turbo running the same power and more at a lot lower psi will create a lot less heat.

I'm surprised this needs to be said.

Psi does not equal power!!!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
As said bigger turbo will help...but at the end of the day, you could make 300hp on a top mount if you wanted..but it would only do it for 30 seconds...the problem with the tmic is that it has shag all air flow, so once hot dosnt cool down again...having FMIC isnt about making more power to me, its about making the power you have, available all the time....whats the point in having it if you can only use 100% of it for 10 seconds before you loose like 25% of your power to heatsoak... A better cooler / water meths is pretty important imo. Arse dyno does nothing to proove this as it will feel just as fast when you first jump in either way, thats not what it effects.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top mount intercooler upgrade jordanhdi 10 2,484 01-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Front Mount Intercooler ?? Buzzdturbo 1 871 07-12-2014, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  Top mount in a 306 with a td04 and 11mm pump will it cope with cooling? Paul_13 8 2,047 29-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Last Post: toseland