Two companies for you avoid!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two companies for you avoid!
OK, so a little something to brighten up your days...

Prepare for a very long, but very funny story.....

So, once again last week my company Astra broke down - no change there. Recovered by the AA and taken to Vauxhall garage, car dropped off and taken on to an Enterprise Rent-a-Car place.

Guy comes out with an Aygo - will this do? Errr, no, not really. I do 30k a year for work, on the motorway... don't fancy it. Long story short, he has nothing else so I take the Aygo.

Next day, apparently I'm getting an upgrade and there's a knock at the door. Corsa has been delivered. Still not all that happy, the guy left it, but did not take the Aygo away. At this point, with 2 shitty small cars I decided to take matters into my own hands.

I take the Aygo to Enterprise and again, long story short leave with a nice new Black Mondeo. Weekend goes by, Corsa still parked outside. Monday comes, Corsa still outside and a phonecall telling me that I've had an upgrade delivered in the form of a Silver Mondeo. "We've put the keys through the door" they say. I tell them I've already got an upgrade and didn't need it.

I get home, no car, no keys. Where is this mysterious car that I've been delivered? Drive up to the new house to go and check on builders progress and there is a silver Mondeo parked outside. Coincidence? Doubtful... but they have never been given my new address!

Anyway, fast forward to last night and my return home from being on the road. Letter through the door stating that there is loads of damage on the Corsa. Weird, the Corsa I'd never driven?? Damage on the drivers side... weird, the side that was parked away from the road?? I smell billy bullshit. Complaint left and strict instruction to work NOT to pay for ANY damage, as I disagree.

I wake up this morning to a phone call telling my Astra is fixed, and it's ready for collection. Brilliant. Head down to Vauxhall, car not washed, Vauxhall badge missing off the bonnet, big scratch on the side. Great. So what's been done? Well, it's had an ECU update and they couldn't find any faults. Weird? I have photographic evidence of 9 fault codes from the AA man's code reader, and video evidence of it conking out. Get it in to drive home, all my fuel is gone and not 1 thing I asked them to fix has been sorted.

2 companies I will try my utmost, and urge you all to avoid. Vauxhall and Enterprise Rental.
JP
Thanks given by:
f*ckers.
Thanks given by:
Aygo's are bad ass.

1.0l 3 cylinder, 68bhp, managed to get 110 down a hill out of one maxing out the speedo.

Ideal!

Edit: And they do 60+ MPH in 2nd!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Aygo's are epic tbh.... Group 1 insurance, band A tax and about 60mpg.... But I guess none of that is relevant for a company car when you don't have to pay! lol

I agree on Vauxhall dealers though, I've frequented various main dealers and Vauxhall are by far the worst...I assumed it was just the local one though. Confused
Thanks given by:
Just read this on Facebook that's pretty bad... Hope you can get the legal side sorted.

Also agree with the vauxhalls being shit. Only had one and it went wrong 7 times in the 6 weeks I had it all totally unrelated problems.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Which vauxhall dealership? As there are different franchises
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 03:24 PM)silverzx Wrote: Aygo's are bad ass.

1.0l 3 cylinder, 68bhp, managed to get 110 down a hill out of one maxing out the speedo.

Ideal!

Edit: And they do 60+ MPH in 2nd!

I got almost 60MPH out of my brothers W reg 1.1 206 (whilst bouncing it off the limiter).
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Holy crap dude, I hope you get this sorted!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I would of been going mad. We have 2 rental vans both get faults mainly brake warning lights all they do is turn them off and they come back up again
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Fair play for being able to find that funny, i think i'd struggle with that saga. What ever happened to the silver mondeo?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Silver mondeo is still sat outside my new house, keys under the plant pot by the front door, waiting for collection.

New piece of the puzzle is that at 6pm there was a knock at the door and a bloke delivered an Audi A3 TDI.

You'd think it would be ace people throwing cars at you - but now it's just getting annoying!
JP
Thanks given by:
Ive been having a similar situation with a local Kia dealers with my headlights keep cutting out. First time i drop it in, come home and Thrifty have dropped me off a nice 320D Msport estate (well i say nice, was nice to look at but horrid to drive). 3 days later they phone me back "hello sir, your cars ready. there is nothing wrong with it. We have taken it on a 5 mile drive over all sorts of bumps to get them to cut out. You must be imagining it" (they actually said that to me on the phone!)
So, they don't realise the car is trackered. Log onto the tracker and guess what, its just been round there trading estate! Go to the dealership and ask to speak to the manager who then it turns out is the guy who took it out for a drive! Even better. I stick the tracker report under his nose and he's bloody speechless! Brilliant!
Anyway, 1 month on and its back in again for the same thing because they didn't fix it. drop it off at 8am, get home (to be greeted with a nice Freelander HSE. Lovely car!). 3 hours later.... "hello sir, we have fixed your car. It was a bad earth between the battery and the body"....oh really.
So, back to the dealership and ask the tech to show me what he's done. Que him telling me that the single earth lead from the battery to the strut, 3 inches away, is the primary earth for the headlights. Err nope! When i ask him why nothing else is affected, he tells me thats all earthed separately....now in all my years of electrical engineering, I've never seen wireless earthing!
Complained to kia at the shoddy service and they just skirted around it. Wankers!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
They will do ANYTHING to get out of fixing stuff that costs them money.

I can't wait until I can order my next car (6 months away) but I have no idea what to get, because honestly - what's reliable these days?!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
As boring as it was to look at and drive, my old Octavia was bullet proof! Did 70k in that and i only had to put bulbs in it and a few services. And I'm sure some on here will tell you how much shit i gave it!
3 months ago i would of also suggested a new kia ceed. I was very shocked at how well built it was but now? Nahhh just turned into typical kia shit!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm tempted with a mondeo estate 2.2 tdci. Good towing weight, lots of kit and 200hp... BUT... how long till it goes wrong?
JP
Thanks given by:
Id go for a new mondeo, but then im biased lol tbh we haven't had any in other than servicing that I can think of
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh I really don't think ιt matters what NEW car you choose!! They are all much of a muchness! Shit ain't built to last nowadays. Ιts not good buisness sense! How many off these new cars that have digital this digital that, remote parking, touchscreen dashes will still be on the road in 10 years time?? Fuckin none of them!! Look at the scrap page scheme! What a fuckin joke, they ( government/car industry) don't want us sharing info ɑnd fixing cars, my s16 for instance ιs still on the road 19 years after ιt was made! How ιs ιt environmentally friendly for me to scrap ιt ɑnd buy a Prius! Ιts not!

Sorry got a bit off topic lol

If you got company car allowance buy a big ol v8 motorway mile muncher! 750i can pick em up for peanuts! Spend the money on fuel ɑnd enjoy a real car while we still have petrol lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 07:42 PM)Connor Wrote: Id go for a new mondeo, but then im biased lol tbh we haven't had any in other than servicing that I can think of

Actually, this. Well, i tell a lie, we had one in a couple of months back for a broken coil spring, but it was handed up to us from the body shop who were repairing it from a trip down a 20' embankment, so you can kind of excuse that. lol Unlike vectra-cs, lost count of the number of coil springs we've done on those bloody things.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 07:07 PM)Niall Wrote: Ive been having a similar situation with a local Kia dealers with my headlights keep cutting out. First time i drop it in, come home and Thrifty have dropped me off a nice 320D Msport estate (well i say nice, was nice to look at but horrid to drive). 3 days later they phone me back "hello sir, your cars ready. there is nothing wrong with it. We have taken it on a 5 mile drive over all sorts of bumps to get them to cut out. You must be imagining it" (they actually said that to me on the phone!)
So, they don't realise the car is trackered. Log onto the tracker and guess what, its just been round there trading estate! Go to the dealership and ask to speak to the manager who then it turns out is the guy who took it out for a drive! Even better. I stick the tracker report under his nose and he's bloody speechless! Brilliant!
Anyway, 1 month on and its back in again for the same thing because they didn't fix it. drop it off at 8am, get home (to be greeted with a nice Freelander HSE. Lovely car!). 3 hours later.... "hello sir, we have fixed your car. It was a bad earth between the battery and the body"....oh really.
So, back to the dealership and ask the tech to show me what he's done. Que him telling me that the single earth lead from the battery to the strut, 3 inches away, is the primary earth for the headlights. Err nope! When i ask him why nothing else is affected, he tells me thats all earthed separately....now in all my years of electrical engineering, I've never seen wireless earthing!
Complained to kia at the shoddy service and they just skirted around it. Wankers!

This is why you should of bought a Toyota Sir.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Lol!!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 12:00 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(24-10-2013, 07:07 PM)Niall Wrote: Ive been having a similar situation with a local Kia dealers with my headlights keep cutting out. First time i drop it in, come home and Thrifty have dropped me off a nice 320D Msport estate (well i say nice, was nice to look at but horrid to drive). 3 days later they phone me back "hello sir, your cars ready. there is nothing wrong with it. We have taken it on a 5 mile drive over all sorts of bumps to get them to cut out. You must be imagining it" (they actually said that to me on the phone!)

This is why you should of bought a Toyota Sir.

Do you honestly think I would have a Kia through choice? lol
It's a company car. I have no choice what I get and if I did, it wouldn't be a avensis!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 01:46 PM)Niall Wrote:
(25-10-2013, 12:00 PM)silverzx Wrote: This is why you should of bought a Toyota Sir.

Do you honestly think I would have a Kia through choice? lol
It's a company car. I have no choice what I get and if I did, it wouldn't be a avensis!

A GT86 sounds like it's very suitable for you Sir, would you like some brochures sent in the post?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Towbar companies. bashbarnard 5 977 12-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Delivery Companies chylledapps 3 1,398 10-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Hoffman standard exhaust - buy or avoid? j-n-88 6 1,149 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Eeyore