Childrens Names

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childrens Names
So a thought popped into my head the other day after hearing someone had named their child something stupid. Surely its child abuse naming your child something stupid cos they'll get bullied to f*ck and its well known that people with stupid names are less likely to get jobs and possibly university places etc

So what do you think, abuse or should we carry on as we are?
Also where do you draw the line at whats acceptable and whats not?
Thanks given by:
My mates called his kid noah. Nuff said
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 02:31 PM)Just Sean Wrote: My mates called his kid noah. Nuff said

Some people would argue that was acceptable though cos its the name of a bible character

Two I've come across recently where I wanted to slap the parents were Biddie and Princess.

Oh and John Boy really annoys me. Boy shouldn't be part of a name.
Thanks given by:
My two are called macie georgia and lola rose Smile but i do think you should take into consideration there last names before you choose one! I know a little girl in macies nursery is called molly morgan. Bit mean!
Thanks given by:
It doesn't matter what they have, if kids don't fit in (fat, ginger, geeky, whatever) they'll get bullied anyway lol....
Thanks given by:
Our little girl is called Florence or Flo for short. It's a very old fashioned name you don't hear often, so hopefully she will be unique in her class but not feel stupid for it!

In a year or so if things have improved financially we are planning to have another sprog (hence clearing our debts now...) If it's a boy I'll call it Dum Dum just for you.

Or Chris II

Or Thor

Or something awesome.

Naww probably just something normal tbh...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 03:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It doesn't matter what they have, if kids don't fit in (fat, ginger, geeky, whatever) they'll get bullied anyway lol....

Bit mean! Ha
Thanks given by:
A lad in my school was called chris peacock haha
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 03:22 PM)Sian Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 03:11 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It doesn't matter what they have, if kids don't fit in (fat, ginger, geeky, whatever) they'll get bullied anyway lol....

Bit mean! Ha

Come on, we all went to school, we know what goes on there! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 03:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 03:22 PM)Sian Wrote:

Bit mean! Ha

Remember the majority of members on here are ginger haha ! careful!
Thanks given by:
Jesus........ Gotta grow up to be special tho lol
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Well I fort I would name my child Lillie_marie. Only problem is I cant find nothing with her name spelt like that :O woops.
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 03:41 PM)underground375 Wrote: Well I fort I would name my child Lillie_marie. Only problem is I cant find nothing with her name spelt like that :O woops.

Same! Best to be different then common Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 03:35 PM)Sian Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 03:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 03:22 PM)Sian Wrote: Bit mean! Ha

Remember the majority of members on here are ginger haha ! careful!

It's a car forum....there'll be plenty of geeky members too! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I love my name is very unique. :-)
My mum was orignally going have my middle name as clarke. I so wish she had it would be so cool to be kent Clarke instead of clarke kent :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My lad ( whome is 1 on Thursday) is called charlie.
I dont like stupid names. Even my pets have proper names.
Stan the dog, bruce the cat and webbster the tarantula.
Even named my lads giant teddy as Bernard.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I got quite worried for a second then, thought you'd managed to get someone pregnant.

But then I thought, wait no, this is dum-dum.

Tongue

My son will be called Bone. He will be hard man.
Thanks given by:
Lets be honest, nothing in the world will beat calling your child North, and with the last name West it gets better (worse?).

But then again, if your parents are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, nobody is going to take the piss are they.
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 02:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Some people would argue that was acceptable though cos its the name of a bible character

Two I've come across recently where I wanted to slap the parents were Biddie and Princess.

Oh and John Boy really annoys me. Boy shouldn't be part of a name.

Been watching big fat gypsy christening? Tongue
Tbf they are stupid!! Little girl was on there too and some kid with like 20 names! Wtf?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
my brother in law is 6 1/2 and called lucifer... was a bit of a shock when i found out...lol
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Was a kid at school called William williams. That sucked.

For him
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 03:32 PM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: A lad in my school was called chris peacock haha
Whats so wrong with that? Unless it leads to Crispy Cock???

On a similar vein I'm sorely tempted to change my surname to bacon so I can Be Chris P Bacon

(22-10-2013, 03:41 PM)underground375 Wrote: Well I fort I would name my child Lillie_marie. Only problem is I cant find nothing with her name spelt like that :O woops.
Now your not gonna like this but my opinion with alot of the modern uncommon spellings of common names is just that alot of the parents are thick and couldn't be bothered to find the correct spelling of a name.

(22-10-2013, 04:25 PM)amiek Wrote: Lets be honest, nothing in the world will beat calling your child North, and with the last name West it gets better (worse?).

But then again, if your parents are Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, nobody is going to take the piss are they.

I still think Chris Martin calling his daughter Apple is worse, shes only one letter off an Apple Martini
Thanks given by:

A pretty awesome name in my opinion!

And how about those that are neither of the above and still get bullied for other reasons... ahem.... lets not go there ey.

TBH i definitely opened this thread expecting Chris to be a Dad and wanted name suggestions Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Must admit that is how "unusual" spellings come across to me, there's some stuck-up cow near work who's called her child Cerrie under the mistaken impression it makes "kerry" look less common (her words, before mrs puglove comes round to stab me up lol ). Poor kid is going to have to spend her life stopping everyone from pronouncing it with an S, all because her mum's got her head up her arse. Sad

Another one proudly announced to us recently, which is just a bit of a general fail, was "katelyn" (Caitlin)... That's from a top-drawer accountant on about 80k a year too, makes me cringe. Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Some dumb names ive heard :-
Maverick
Tyson
Nike
Hero
China for a girl
Honey for a girl
Tequila for a girl

Its these chav gangstar wannabes ive noticed that name their kids some dumb arse names
I think media and celebrity culture and all that malarky plays a part in this too.

Im sure no one from here will name their child meridian or xsi or vivant or miami????
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 05:24 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

And how about those that are neither of the above and still get bullied for other reasons... ahem.... lets not go there ey.

That was exactly my point....it doesn't matter what name the kid has, chances are they'll bullied for something anyway....
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 05:28 PM)Poodle Wrote: Must admit that is how "unusual" spellings come across to me, there's some stuck-up cow near work who's called her child Cerrie under the mistaken impression it makes "kerry" look less common (her words, before mrs puglove comes round to stab me up lol ). Poor kid is going to have to spend her life stopping everyone from pronouncing it with an S, all because her mum's got her head up her arse. Sad

Another one proudly announced to us recently, which is just a bit of a general fail, was "katelyn" (Caitlin)... That's from a top-drawer accountant on about 80k a year too, makes me cringe. Confused

You wont like my girls names then lmao haha!
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7THJoRY...ata_player
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My ex works in a kids creche, some of the names shed come home and tell me was shocking.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 04:25 PM)amiek Wrote: Lets be honest, nothing in the world will beat calling your child North, and with the last name West it gets better (worse?).

You mean their kid, North Weezy? :p
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car names thebluepearl 20 3,512 01-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Matt
  HELP kitten names..... name picked ;) Chris_90 42 7,621 20-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Nadine
  instagram names?? Chris_90 26 6,323 24-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Matt